What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aerosmith-Baying At The Moon(Boston Music Hall 3/28/78 ftom a WBCN radio broadcast).....Elton John-Goodbye Yellow Brick Road box set[the Aerosmith disc is a gray area release on the Smokin' UK label]

ooooo
prime 'smith....
I'm SUCH a SUCKER for them...
cool , WBCN was a pretty cool station back when I lived in Baaaaaaahhsstan....

I NEVER saw them there cause they ALWAYS played on New Year's ...and I was home!

Blues Americana - Keb' Mo' CD

Caught him live in Milwaukee two weeks ago. Excellent!
kobm201401.jpg

Ray Lamontagne "Supernova" CD - Ray leaves Otis Redding behind and channels Colin Blustone and The Zombies with a helping hand from The Black Keys' Dan Auerback. A very cool record,

Tori Amos looks deformed on that album cover. Is that what she really looks like?

Unrepentant Geraldines 2 CD Deluxe - Tori Amos 5/13/04 street date. My Boyfriend informed me that this is en route as an anniversary present.

I heard an advance copy yesterday for the most part I was pretty happy with it. I like Tori a lot but she can go on a little bit more than she needs to and get a little to "same-y" sometimes. She's done it a little different this time though. A little more guitars, but still the healthy dose of piano...different but unmistakably Tori. Just a one listen impression, will give my deluxe edition a closer listen a few times after it gets here.

Okay, my new discs from the last few weeks (not counting the ones in the mail still!)

Wovenhand - Refractory Obdurate
5444.gif

Xenia Kriisin - Hymn
1387024131_xenia-kriisin.jpg

Bob Dylan - Side Tracks
408.jpg

Styx Paradise Theater platinum SHM CD arrived Monday. Played it tonight. Compared it to the AF SACD. No contest. The platinum SHM CD beat it out with room to spare. I wonder what the SHM SACD sounds like.

Attachments

• styx.jpg
    styx.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 98
SAHB.jpg

Looking forward to giving this one a spin tonight... Well this one is interesting, some odd tracks and some real good rockers. Maybe not enough to buy another, as most seem to think this is the best SAHB album. Great NM condition with G.K. initials in the trailout. Happy to add to my collection, but my other recent 1973 album from Captain Beyond trumps it.

Last edited:
Don't know why, I always liked Billy Squier...great voice, some great songs...I used to play "Signs of life" baclk when when I was a DJ in an FM station in the mid 80's (Love "Eye on you"!)..
Was looking for these and had somebody on fleabay send them over (man, USPS got really expensive all of a sudden...a few years ago it was $14...now it's $24!!!)...hadn't got old vinyl in quite a while..

Got "Don't say no" open but still in shrink and stickers (a bit dirty, but I can wash it!) and a sealed "Columbia House" pressing(which was not mentioned on the listing) of "Emotions in motion"

BS.jpg

Back Together Again - Larry Coryell & Alphonse Mouzon.

Reissued on CD at last (the Wounded Bird 2002 CD goes for crazy money!) by Warner Japan - and it's cheap, under $10 everywhere at the moment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 84
Original Album Series - Jean Luc Ponty.

5 CD set with the Upon The Wings Of Music, Aurora, Imaginary Voyage, Enigmatic Ocean & Cosmic Messenger albums,
in cheapo card sleeves, a real no frills package but 5 superb LPs at £9 new for the whole caboodle, what more could you want, I ask you! :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 114
Breakfast In America - Supertramp.

Platinum SHM-CD using the 2013 DSD transfer featured on the (now super pricey super audio!) SHM-SACD. Let's see how this one stacks up against the gazillion other versions I have of this album! :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 109
Lenny White Presents.. The Adventures Of Astral Pirates.

Just snagged the OOP Wounded Bird CD on the Bay.. Far out, maaan! :smokin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 107
Original Album Series - Jean Luc Ponty.

5 CD set with the Upon The Wings Of Music, Aurora, Imaginary Voyage, Enigmatic Ocean & Cosmic Messenger albums,
in cheapo card sleeves, a real no frills package but 5 superb LPs at £9 new for the whole caboodle, what more could you want, I ask you! :D

Great find!

Being a huge JLP fan (seen him several times-first time was in '81), got all of these on LP (Enigmatic Ocean-his best- twice on Atlantic USA pressings and CM in a USA Atlantic and a Nautilus -not so-Super LP)-
- and Aurora, EO and Cosmic Messenger on CD.

I'm mid way through disc 2 of the Gregg Allman tribute concert set and it's excellent(so far).

Back