What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great find!

Being a huge JLP fan (seen him several times-first time was in '81), got all of these on LP (Enigmatic Ocean-his best- twice on Atlantic USA pressings and CM in a USA Atlantic and a Nautilus -not so-Super LP)-
- and Aurora, EO and Cosmic Messenger on CD.

the box set's under a tenner from every seller on there right now :banana:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Album-Series-Jean-Luc-Ponty/dp/B009PHRIKE

the Cosmic Messenger CD I've played so far from the set sounded very good indeed! Nice and crankable (y)

The Collection - Tony Williams Lifetime.

Compilation of the "Million Dollar Legs" and "Believe It" albums.

image.jpg

Wow! A jazz/fusion festival. Perhaps the genre I listened to most in the '70's. Birds of Fire is one of the best albums ever. If you haven't heard it in Quad, you're missing one of the best musically and mix-wise.

Several years ago, I ordered the 2ch Japan SACD of Romantic Warrior from both Tower and Music Direct. I got skunked in both places.

"When the funk hits you, you might stink!" - George Duke RIP

Wow! A jazz/fusion festival. Perhaps the genre I listened to most in the '70's. Birds of Fire is one of the best albums ever. If you haven't heard it in Quad, you're missing one of the best musically and mix-wise.

Several years ago, I ordered the 2ch Japan SACD of Romantic Warrior from both Tower and Music Direct. I got skunked in both places.

"When the funk hits you, you might stink!" - George Duke RIP

I know! I'm in a real fusion groove at the minute! I didn't know there was a Mahavishnu BOF Quad! Maybe the old CD I picked up for pennies (CK 31996) will have the SQ encoding intact!? :eek:

Got Romantic Warrior on now.. never heard it all the way through.. was there ever a Quad mix, Linda?

I know! I'm in a real fusion groove at the minute! I didn't know there was a Mahavishnu BOF Quad! Maybe the old CD I picked up for pennies (CK 31996) will have the SQ encoding intact!? :eek:

Got Romantic Warrior on now.. never heard it all the way through.. was there ever a Quad mix, Linda?

Mahavishnu Birds Of Fire is brilliant, I think it was about album no 6 I bought, the SQ LP I have is CQ31996. I think I might play it (via DD ProL II, I really must get an Involve box, but I've been buying too many 5.1 discs at the moment) now! Have you Return For Ever's "Where Have I Known You Before" another good one from 1974? Or Isotope's "Isotope", "Illusion" from 1974, then there are the Brand X......

There was an SQ (no Q8) of RTF's Musicmagic, which to me is boring. I don't believe a Quad mix exists of Romantic Warrior, at least not released.
439786.JPG

There were two released Mahavishnu Orchestra Quads:
$_35.JPG
mlEUOaZHPXSUXWd5y1U7agA.jpg

Plus McLaughlin & Santana:
$_35.JPG

McLaughlin also guests on Welcome:
First pressing in US has white label w/gold script.
IMG_0822.JPG

Later pressings have gold Quad label:
615_002.jpg

Cover is embossed and gold Quadraphonic is on OBI strip.
615_001.jpg

Also, check out post #260 on page #11 of this thread: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-s-the-Latest-CD-LP-Added-to-Your-Pile/page11

There is a 2ch Mahavishnu box with four released albums, plus a bonus disc of tracks left off the Between Nothinginess album. YOU NEED IT!!
MI0003364614.jpg
mahavishnu-orchestra-complete-columbia-albums-5-cds-5585-MLA4473602763_062013-F.jpg

Billy Joel-A Matter of Trust:The Bridge to Russi 5.1a( 2 cd/ Blu ray set)no 5.1 mix on the blu ray btw

Last edited:
Have not posted for awhile. Recent purchases:

Robert Cray - In My Soul
The Hold Steady - Teeth Dreams
The Black Keys - Turn Blue
Ray Lamontagne - Supernova
Rodrigo Y Gabriela - 9 Dead Alive
Circa Zero - Circus Hero

A Few Used and War of The Worlds sacd

The latest arrivals:

Smoke Fairies - Blood Speaks
homepage_large.33aaf6ad.jpg

King Crimson - EleKtriK (Live in Japan 2003)
large1606.jpg

Emilie Simon - Mue
41CCWnMgVuL._SY300_.jpg

Wye Oak - Shriek
homepage_large.ae69d5e3.jpg

Tori Amos - Unrepentant Geraldines (Deluxe CD+DVD edition)
41KrBH7mQNL.jpg

Back