What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reach For It - George Duke

(I'm not sure quite what he's reaching for in this photo but the girls seem pretty happy about it!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 143
Dearest Quaddies,

I have a new CD that is frequently drawing me away from my surround listening - such is my enamorage...

The artist is Eric Schwartz, and he is lyrically similar to Frank Zappa in that he can be crass and engage in potty humor. So if that really puts you off, you can skip the recommendation. BUT, his new CD is so well performed and arranged, and is lyrically brilliant (with the above caveat). It is my number one pick of new music for this year so far (technically it came out in 2013, but I was late to the party), and I urge you to put an ear on it. Here is the link:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ericschwartz

Songs to start with:

6. I Don't Know Why
3. Welcome to the Working Wanking Week
9. That Being Said
4. Telltale Kitchen
12. W.G.F.T.S
2. Black Man in the White House (With the Blues)
5. Codependent Sonata

I would be curious to hear your feedback on this, but I am loving this one.

Happy listening!

I Am - Earth, Wind & Fire.

(1st Euro CD pressing; CDCBS 86084).

Its a funny one, the old EWF CDs don't get much love over @SHF but the 80's CDs I have of a lot of soul/r&b are much nicer than the later remasters, especially from an EQ pov., the Isley Bros remasters are too bass-heavy and not as crankable compared to the old CDs.. let's see how this one shapes up :eek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 102
Aja - Steely Dan.

2013 SHM-CD (non-Platinum) from the same 2010 DSD transfer as the SHM-SACD (which got pretty inconsistent reviews at the time).. this was by far the cheapest way for me to get a grip on the new mastering (while actually buying it, not illegally D/L-ing!) so here goes nuttin'! :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 101
If you keep your turntable on the roof, do you need to install windshield wipers so you can operate it when it rains?:yikes

haha! :D probably.. ;) I wasn't using the TT, it was stowed away in the roofspace/loft and the dickheads doing the roof repairs said it was ok to leave all my stuff up there.. BASH, CRASH.. and ta-da, one smashed up TT! :howl

I Am - Earth, Wind & Fire.

(1st Euro CD pressing; CDCBS 86084).

Its a funny one, the old EWF CDs don't get much love over @SHF but the 80's CDs I have of a lot of soul/r&b are much nicer than the later remasters, especially from an EQ pov., the Isley Bros remasters are too bass-heavy and not as crankable compared to the old CDs.. let's see how this one shapes up :eek:

A Snood fave - best EWF Album :banana:

Back