What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One new Lp: Thelma Houston's Sunshower on ABC/Dunhill

One new CD: Richie Furay's I Am Sure on Friday Music

I don't have the cd with me now but it is Little Wing and the other may be Voodoo Child. The new cd switched them with different concert performances because the original two have now appeared on a Hendrix concert box set. I can check the cd booklet. Little Wing on the cd is from a 1968 concert.

So I'm out in a part of town I never get to much and check out a collector record store that also carries new CDs, After getting down all the rows of CDs, yes must check for Zappa stuff, after Z I find a catagory in the bin mark "SACD" in it is the following and all of them are now mine:

Stone, Their Satanic Majesties Request- 2 ch SACD New $20
Moody Blues, Every good boy deserves favor- 5.1 SACD New $20
Police, Every breath you take-5.1 SACD New $20
Allman Brothers, Eat a peach- 5.1 SACD New $20
Beatles Love, 5.1 DVD-A used $8
Aerosmith, Toy in the attic- 5.1 SACD used $8

Needles to say that bin is now empty. :cool:

Good scores from the kind mail-person again today....

Peter Hammill - Pno, Gtr, Vox
a 2 cd set of recent solo live performances...one disc of "what if I forgot my guitar" and another of "what if there were no piano." He's always been at or near the top of my faves, and his solo performances are very intense experiences...one of a kind.

Christine Fellows - "Femmes de chez nous" (cd + dvd)
Canadian artist..don't know quite how to describe her...but I know what I like.....

A couple of goodies actually.
The Bee Gees Main Course CD and The Rolling Stones The London Years original CD.

Another delivery from the postal service today...

John Cale - EP: Extra Playful

New 5-track EP as a teaser for an album due (early?) next year. It's been too many years since his last album of new stuff (Black Acetate in 2005)...John's still got it...great little EP. I always thought he was the one in the Velvet Underground with the most talent.

John Barleycorn - Traffic 2CD Deluxe
Hendrix In the West (remaster)
South Saturn Delta (remaster) - Hendrix
Bootleg III - Live Around the World - Johnny Cash
A Night to Remember (live) - Gino Vannelli - the life was sucked out of his classics here!

Looking forward to lots o' boxes, Brian Wilson's Mickey Mouse endeavor, and the new Tom Waits, who married a girl from my hometown and named a song after it.

Linda

LP's I picked up today:

Lynyred Skynyrd- Best of the Rest
Savoy Brown-Boogie Brothers
Stampeders-Hit the Road
Stampeders-Backstage Pass
Mark Volman & Howard Kaylan- The Phlorescent Leech & Eddie
Sonny & Cher- Look at Us (Atco mono)
Suzi Quatro- Aggro-Phobia (UK pressing)
Ian Dury & the Blockheads- Do it yourself (including promo 45)
R.E.M.- chronic town (IRS EP)
John Entwistle- Whistle Rymes
The Guess Who- Super Golden Oldies
Brian May + Friends- Star Fleet Project
The Guess Who- Road Food

All mint minus condition

Another delivery from the postal service today...

John Cale -

I always thought he was the one in the Velvet Underground with the most talent.

Saw him many years ago in a little club as a duo with Chris Spedding, was an amazing night, simply awesome, No Fun was the opening act.

6311616812_07d032e63f_m.jpg6256691004_956cdb58d5_m.jpg6202434665_4498cfcbbc_m.jpg
6202947906_d58a974f7b_m.jpg6202434587_0354127769_m.jpg6202380951_5e79a32b7b_m.jpg

Haters will hate, but I like U2 and today I got the deluxe edition of "Achtung Baby" from HDTracks. It sounds much better than the old single disc CD that I had and the bonus tracks are a nice extra.

P.S. if you want to get anything from HDTracks then the code "onkyo20" will get you 20% off until Nov 7.

So I'm out in a part of town I never get to much and check out a collector record store that also carries new CDs, After getting down all the rows of CDs, yes must check for Zappa stuff, after Z I find a catagory in the bin mark "SACD" in it is the following and all of them are now mine:

Stone, Their Satanic Majesties Request- 2 ch SACD New $20
Moody Blues, Every good boy deserves favor- 5.1 SACD New $20
Police, Every breath you take-5.1 SACD New $20
Allman Brothers, Eat a peach- 5.1 SACD New $20
Beatles Love, 5.1 DVD-A used $8
Aerosmith, Toy in the attic- 5.1 SACD used $8

Needles to say that bin is now empty. :cool:
Excellent score on the Aerosmith and perhaps the Police. The others were a bit overpriced.

Ry Cooder - Pull Up Some Dust And Sit Down
Rockpile - Live At Montreux 1980
The Godfathers - Shot Live At The 100 Club cd/dvd
Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes
Ben Folds - Lonely Avenue
Strokes - Angles
Ryan Adams - Ashes & Fire
The Bridge School Benefit Concerts - Cd & Dvd (different tracks)
FItz & The Tantrums - Picking Up the Pieces
Joe Bonamassa - Dust Bowl
Wilco - The Whole Love deluxe edition
Matthew Sweet - Modern Art
Steven Wilson - Grace For Drowning

It has been some time since I have posted new music. More older stuff that I have bought used and swapped to get, but would take up a bunch of space. Scott

Kaki King - "Junior" - CD with bonus DVD (DD 5.1)

The CD is her latest - sort of electric/alternative folk/prog with a vocal style very reminiscent of Suzanne Vega. The DVD is a live concert "The Berkeley Sessions" - strictly solo acoustic instrumental - she is a phenomenal/mind boggling percussive, touch style acoustic player in the vein of Michael Hedges, Preston Reed, Pat McLaughlin, Tommy Emmanuel - and just as good as those guys. I've had the privilege of seeing her a few times down at SXSW in Austin and she always knocked out the the very hard to please, "seen it all" music industry crowd. You can check out a video of her playing here;

http://youtu.be/oRttF8yL77A

Back