What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm starting a slow new vinyl LP buying spree.

Black Sabbath 13

Green Day Dookie 180g

I have some fun ones on my list.

Remastered and expanded....

14438860914_3f961c5701_n.jpg
12229086456_593ed5c02a_n.jpg

25th anniversary CD/DVD of Roy's last studio album....

14131998430_6c5a9989b6_n.jpg

K2HD CD and SHM-XRCD....

14301118298_9c4fd4ceab_n.jpg
13900837607_5a3c861467_n.jpg

Picked this up a little while ago at the local record store. It's on Razor and Tie in the USA.

Attachments

• pretty_reckless_vinyl.jpg
    pretty_reckless_vinyl.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 105
I splurged a little.

Preordered Judas Priest Reedemer of Souls 2 LP

Bush Razorblade Suitcase 180g LP (2 disc laser etched)

Bush Sixteen Stone 180g LP

I have been tring to fill in with new LPs of 90s stuff I have on CD but want on vinyl. Also newer releases on vinyl from favorite bands.

Also for paying the $6 FYE markup for Sixteen stone, I got a free sampler LP

f.y.e. Exlusive Scott Ian's Metal Underworld Limited Edition Vinyl

George Benson (Breezin) dvd audio 5.1 Simple minds (Once upon a time) dvd audio 5.1 Queen (the game) dvd audio 5.1

I wish i had a complete dbx collection, at least dreamboat annie and anytime anywhere

Stevie Ray Vaughan...Couldn't Stand The Weather .cd

ordered sacd but they sent wrong disc :mad: but i will say..the Sony issue sounds pretty darn great for a cd!

"I wish i had a complete dbx collection, at least dreamboat annie..." That is available constantly on a certain auction site for a reasonable price, search under Nautilus also, many Sellers don't advertise the dbx aspect or have a clue what it is. John

Dreamboat Annie was issued twice on dbx LP. The first was by dbx itself:
mEclxRdBRD9YHmjy5txooDA.jpg

The second was a Nautilus dbx release:
m0aFK9PYeLwULHMq4UdghjQ.jpg

"I wish i had a complete dbx collection, at least dreamboat annie..." That is available constantly on a certain auction site for a reasonable price, search under Nautilus also, many Sellers don't advertise the dbx aspect or have a clue what it is. John

like buying surround music, but sometimes buy a cd that I owned on vinyl. Latest cd Leon Russell Will O' the Wisp

London Hit Parade.JPG

I have an original copy of this 1957 comp but it's pretty worn; this pressing is a late '50s/early '60s 2p, but given the vintage of the material (1948-56) not bad sound except for a few that were inherently rough to start with. What's interesting about this one is that it traces the early history of London records in the USA, and has all the most important tracks that gave its parent (Decca UK--for obvious reasons, they had to name their stateside company something else, and they were based in London, so....) a foothold in America. But what I've always dug about the album is that it offers music from another time that is so sedate, so alien, to anyone who grew up with Rock'n'roll, Elvis, the Beatles and beyond. That is, until the last track, from 1956, Lonnie Donegan's influential and seminal version of Leadbelly's "Rock Island Line," which was not only a big hit in the UK and a surprise hit in America, but gave spark to many on both sides of the Atlantic, from various rockers here to guys like John and Paul over there. And although London would continue to have major success with mood music czar Mantovani (their #1 commercial act until the Rolling Stones came along--and even then, he would remain #2 for many more years), it's that last track that signaled the sudden chasm in 1956 that broke mainstream pop music into two audiences: the young, and...their parents and those a lot older. To hear "Rock Island Line" after the previous 11 cuts is to hear history being made, in a sense, and not just for London/Decca, but for the world. It's worth listening to the old, and then--with a jolt--something new and vital nipping at their tuxedos. Ahh.....

ED :)

Back