What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supertramp Even in the quietest moments dbx sealed lp.....found on amazon for $10!
Perez Prado Mambo Jambo Japanese cd-4

Beach Boys Smile (single disk, jewel case) from the UK. Got this for about $11. Very nice music, although I thought it would be stereo. It's mono.

Maybe that's why it wasn't released way back then. I think mono wouldn't have been accepted then like it is now. Now it's something special but back then it was just mono.

Did manage to get a copy of Barbara Streisand Guilty on dualdisc. I'll have to get three channels out of it like Quad Linda did.. :)

not received yet, but a pre-oder from the fine folks at Burning Shed...

Peter Hammill - Pno Gtr Vox Box

I got the 2 cd release of this a couple months ago, but now he's doing an expanded 7cd version..awesome setlist with the discs each having their own "concept:"

CD1 - 'What If There No Guitar?'
CD2 - 'What If There No Piano?'
CD3 - 'What If I Knew This Was The Last Show I'd Ever Do?'
CD4 - 'What If I Played Only VDGG/VDG Songs?'
CD5 - 'What About Songs I Didn't Play In Japan?'
CD6 - 'What About Songs I Dropped From The Setlists?'
CD7 - 'What About The Best Alternate Versions'

Though not for the uninitiated, pH solo shows are wonderful intense experiences, and if he had made this a 20 disc set I'd still pony up for a copy.

The Persuasions' STREET CORNER SYMPHONY, from 1972, on Capitol. An accapella group with a fondness for '50s oldies and more modern soul without (as they would've said ) anything but the human voice, this would've made a great (if minimalistic) quad album.

ED :)

Corrosion of Conformity- America's Volume Dealer (Silverline 5.1)

Best of Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Museum Live 3CD Chuck Berry, Springsteen, Jeff Beck, Who, Jimmy Page, Jagger, Cream, McCartney, U2, Ron Wood, Metallica, Al Green, Ronettes, Aerosmith, Mellencamp, Fogerty, Kinks, Billy Joel, Eric Burdon, BonJovi, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Tom Petty, James Brown, Mamas & Papas, Eddie Vetter, Wilson Pickett, Doors, Jeff Lynne, Winwood, Dhani Harrison, Prince, James Taylor, Traffic, Allman Bros, Cheryl Crow, Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Green Day, Jackson Brown, R.E.M., Joan Jett, Righteous Bros.

My wife is an old fan of Rod Stewart. I came across a title "Once in a Blue Moon" (The lost album) and picked it up for her. I was really amazed at how good this was. It was recorded in the late 1990's and kind of shelved because he had recorded his unplugged album right after this. I guess they figured the "unplugged" album was more marketable.
He does some really good covers on this one and the band behind him really shines! Even the "Skunk" shows up to lay down some licks.
Produced by Trevor Horn and the quality shows.
But, the real treat/surprise for me was that after track 10 which was supposed to be the last one, lies a gem. It goes to track 11 and begins a five minute countdown. At that point, an eighteen minute studio/practice/run through session kicks in and Mr. Stewart really shows his voice. A real treat.
*Pay special attention to "Waltzing Matilda" on this one. I have never heard it quite like this! :smokin

turned today to Salvation Army store and went thru pile of LPs.
picked 6 as those in very good shape (at least visualy)

Joni Mitchell - Ladies Of The Canyon (i think i already have this but wasn't sure and .99 cents
wouldn't be enough to prevent my future bankruptcy :) )

Rockin' On The Airwaves - compilation off canadian bands of 80th. i hate for most part the rock
of those times but this LP is CBS Half-Speed Mastered.

Paul McCartney - self titled album (not a fan of Beatles or their solo projects but again - .99 isn't huge loss)

Procol Harum live in concert with Edmonton Symphony Orch. - considering this one as a good find.
love this album, have somewhere pretty crappy mastered CD and now will hear how it sounds from LP.
pretty good album, would be nice to have it as an Advanced Surround.

Mozart The Last Six Symphonies Vol.1 - Herbert von Karajan and Berliner Philharmonic. good find also, it's
on Angel label which usualy have pretty good recordings and have used very good quality vynil for pressing.

and a jam of today's purchases - Merry Widow Highlights with Elisabeth Schwarzkopf. also Angel recording.
love her voice. there was EMI anoncement for this year batch of classical reprints on SACD which included
2 SACD with her. now in waiting

Al Stewert 24 carrots dbx lp
Cat Stevens teaser and dbx lp
I have been listening to two dbx lps lately, music for espana , arranged for two pianos and a Laurindo Almeida classical guitar lp. Just sublime music, ultra quiet and great sounding. I am getting addicted to these dbx lps as much as quad!
On the way: Police zenyatta mondatta on dbx and Kenton plays Chicago on dbx.

Warner Years - Miles Davis 5CD France
LA Woman 40th Anniv. - Doors 2CD
Breakfast in America - Supertramp UK 2CD Deluxe
Tutu - Miles Davis UK 2CD Deluxe
Hard Knocks - Joe Cocker CD
Everything Changes - Julian Lennon UK CD
Liverpool - Frankie Goes To Hollywood UK 2CD Deluxe
Olympia - Brian Ferry UK CD/DVD Deluxe
In Autumn - Faust UK 4CD
Live at Bill Graham's Fillmore West - Mike Bloomfield, Nick Gravenites, Taj Mahal CD Australia
Steady Love - Maria Muldaur CD Canada
Admira - Kluster CD
On Stage (Live in Chicago & East Troy, WI) - Doobie Brothers CD Holland
Lucy EP - Julian Lennon & James Scott Cook CD
Live in Vienna 1980 - Cluster & Farnbauer CD
Floating World Live (Bremen) - Soft Machine CD
Monitor This! - Nickelback, Korn, Betty Wright & the Roots, Gov't Mule, Jimmy Smith, Teddy Thompson, Rufus Wainwright, Puppinis CD Promo
Video Games b/w Blue Jeans - Lana del Rey 45 Promo

Levon Helm Band at the Ryman Theater, because I'm such a nerd for The Band.
180 gr. of LA Woman and Exile On Main Street, given as gifts.
and a DVD.....Grateful Dead at Alpine Valley, WI-1989.....a sentimental hunt since my wife and I attended the Saturday show. John

I was also at that show.

What a long, strange trip!

Levon Helm Band at the Ryman Theater, because I'm such a nerd for The Band.
180 gr. of LA Woman and Exile On Main Street, given as gifts.
and a DVD.....Grateful Dead at Alpine Valley, WI-1989.....a sentimental hunt since my wife and I attended the Saturday show. John

Balalaika Favorites Osipov state russian orchestra Mercury cd
John Cage with David Tudor Variations IV live in Los Angeles Everest lp

Stina Nordenstam & Anton Fier - The Photographer's Wife
just 3 songs but a disc I've wanted for a long time and it's not that easy to come by - finally found a cheap one!

Sarah Slean - Land & Sea
new release from Canadian singer-songwriter...fans of Tori Amos may like her

Barry Adamson - I Will Set You Free

Pre-ordered this a while back and it came in the mail today, just giving it a first spin.

If you don't know of him, he was the bass player in Magazine and then Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and since then has made several superb solo albums.
http://www.barryadamson.com/

Back