MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hendrix

Live at the Isle of Wight

BLUE WILD ANGEL

:smokin
Hey kap'n, I know you are a fan of lp's and was wondering if you ever heard the European lp of Hendrix's Isle of Wright. My brother purchased it for me a long time ago while he was in England and it's one of my favorite Hendrix live albums. At one point you can hear some sort of local radio station which I presumed was being inadvertently picked up by some of the electronics. It does not seen to be the same mix as on all the dvd's I've heard.

Hey kap'n, I know you are a fan of lp's and was wondering if you ever heard the European lp of Hendrix's Isle of Wright. My brother purchased it for me a long time ago while he was in England and it's one of my favorite Hendrix live albums. At one point you can hear some sort of local radio station which I presumed was being inadvertently picked up by some of the electronics. It does not seen to be the same mix as on all the dvd's I've heard.

Well, in this version, there is a song that you can hear a radio station coming thru the system-I'm guessing that they remixed it and left all the warts and all , even the noise coming from one of his pedals...

I was just thinking of ripping the audio, cause you can never have enough Hendrix!:smokin

Well, in this version, there is a song that you can hear a radio station coming thru the system-I'm guessing that they remixed it and left all the warts and all , even the noise coming from one of his pedals...

I was just thinking of ripping the audio, cause you can never have enough Hendrix!:smokin

Thanks. If that is the case then I need this and am going to order it. Always liked the mix on the lp. Sounded grungy and raw and that's why I like it.

11gu748.jpg

I can't believe I bought this, slipping, but have to admit the stereo only sonic quality of this HFPA Blu Ray Audio disc is super good.
Lionel Ritchie Can't Slow Down. Stevie Wonder discs are better, but that will be next, Songs in the Key Of Life.
5121N4gubgL._SY180_.jpg

I can't believe I bought this, slipping, but have to admit the stereo only sonic quality of this HFPA Blu Ray Audio disc is super good.
Lionel Ritchie Can't Slow Down. Stevie Wonder discs are better, but that will be next, Songs in the Key Of Life.
View attachment 29057

Back in the day, this was a #1 album but comparing Lionel to Stevie W is like comparing .... well you get the picture.....I was gonna say comparing Nicole Ritchie to Nicole Kidman........NO comparison.

View attachment 29057

I wouldn't be feeling bad about that. Lionel is super talented and back in the day he had it going. A bit sappy? Yeah, but so what. He does, what he does and he does it good.

SADE: Bring Me Home LIVE 2011. This is perhaps one of the CLASSIEST BD~Vs I've 'experienced' in quite a while. Most unfortunately, SONY has never released any of Sade's masterful recordings in surround and although this doesn't exactly rectify that situation, the state of the art sonics and visuals with plenty of ambience [and some very discrete elements] more than makes up for it.

An astounding concert with the always 'in control' Sade Adu delivering what I consider a highlight of her career. Her AMAZING band and the exquisite staging/visuals are truly state of the art.

https://www.amazon.com/Bring-Me-Hom...sr=8-2&keywords=sade:+bring+me+home+live+2011

Steve Hackett - The Night Siren BD-A. Really great surround on this one and good music of course. I like it better than the last one Wolflight.

R.E.M - Out of time BD-A. I have the DVD-V of this one but couldn´t resist buying the BD-A. The surround is excellent on this great album

Last edited:
I finally stopped procrastinating and bought "Growing Up Live" by Peter Gabriel on Blu-Ray, a film Circle moment as the DVD was the first solo release I ever bought from him. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rammstein: Paris Blu-ray. Spectacular concert, decent surround mix but truly awful editing on the video - its like MTV on steroids with very few of the shots lasting more than a second, almost un-watchable (especially if you are affected by flashing images). Its a shame that with all the staging and special effects its much more enjoyable with the TV screen turned off. :mad:

Back