MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul Simon - The concert in Hyde Park - BD
Excellent concert!

Status Quo - The frantic four reunion 2013 - BD
Not my favourite group but this one was really good!
Lots of extra material like all concerts from the tour as audio only.

Beatles - Magical mystery tour - BD
I bought this as i have read in this forum that the surround track on this one is good and it was.

Stiff little fingers - Best served loud -Live at Barrowland - BD
A really good concert with excellent audio.
The surround could of course be better but the sound fills the room in a nice way at least.

Marillion - Misplaced Childhood - BD-A
I have never listened to this group before.
I bought because of my renewed interest in prog music.
As i now got it on BD-A with Steven Wilsons 5.1 it felt like an obvious buy

Beck - Sea Change _BD-A
I bought this just because i read on this forum that it had an excellent surround and it really has!
By some reason i have not one single album by Beck but i must say i am very impressed by this one.
The best thing is that i found it still sealed to an very reasonable price from Discogs.
An must-buy i must say!

Watching now: Queen "Hungarian Rhapsody" Blu-ray... from their last tour with Freddie; looks and sounds great! (But not discrete surround)

Also recently purchased but havn't watched yet:

Queen "Live At Wembley Stadium" DVD
Queen "Live At The Rainbow '74" Blu-ray
Freddie Mercury The Great Pretender (Documentary) Blu-ray

a killer surround sound!

cover-rpwl-anewdawn-dvd.jpg

Beethoven Symphonies 1-9 - 5CD+3BD
Berliner Philharmoniker
Sir Simon Rattle

After seeing a note about this one on this site i bought this amazingly cheap box with excellent surround audio!
An very good choice if you want to know how classical music can sound good in surround

beethoven.jpg

Beethoven Symphonies 1-9 - 5CD+3BD
Berliner Philharmoniker
Sir Simon Rattle

After seeing a note about this one on this site i bought this amazingly cheap box with excellent surround audio!
An very good choice if you want to know how classical music can sound good in surround

View attachment 30412

Where's the best price to get the box? Everywhere I look it's $90 at least.

Incidentally, just picked up Ivan Fischer's Beethoven cycle, on 3 BDs, with 1080i video but 24/96 5.0 audio. I didn't really need yet another Beethoven cycle, but I couldn't resist at under $22 shipped.

810i%2BDqdgAL._SL500_.jpg

Where's the best price to get the box? Everywhere I look it's $90 at least.

Incidentally, just picked up Ivan Fischer's Beethoven cycle, on 3 BDs, with 1080i video but 24/96 5.0 audio. I didn't really need yet another Beethoven cycle, but I couldn't resist at under $22 shipped.

810i%2BDqdgAL._SL500_.jpg

I bought mine from an Lithuanian seller through Discogs for E69 + E10 for shipping.

$22 sounds like an wonderful price for the discs you bought!

The price on the Fischer dropped another dollar since I purchased to $20.84, apparently. For those interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beethoven-Symphonies-1-9-UK-IMPORT-Blu-ray-NEW/112527818630

Well as you said earlier "i don´t need another Beethoven cycle, but i couldn´t resist"
I just bought it as that low price is so good.
As you said it is 5.0 it can be worth it by that reason.
Also it can be interesting to compare the versions to the one i bought earlier.

But now i´m done, not another Beethoven cycle :)

San Francisco Symphony / Michael Tilson Thomas: Mahler, Symphony No. 1. Full concert performance in Dolby TrueHD 5.1 and 7.1. Included in the Mahler: Origins and Legacy volume of the Keeping Score: Revealing Classical Music series. Sound is full and spacious (some instruments, such as trumpets, were semi-isolated, I think?), MTT's interpretation is excellent. Great camera work, though the editing can be a bit busy. Got this when the SFO online store was having its going-out-of-business sale. Also available on DVD.

81VKQtRg7xL._SX522_.jpg

Trondheim Solistene, Reflections (works by Britten, Vaughan Williams, and Stravinsky). 2L 125 (2016). Two-disc set also includes a hybrid MCh SACD. Included on the Blu-Ray, in addition to the 5.1 DTS HD MA 24/192 mix, are Dolby Atmos and Auro 9.1 mixes, neither of which my system can play. Lively, precise playing, interesting repertoire, and I love the "in the round" recording technique.

2L125_box-B.jpg

Check out the videos on 2L's web page for this recording!

Back