MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Who - Tommy at the RAH

0A84D231-B2E1-4FB7-A50D-8DFE521FEBEE.jpeg

Maybe including the rest of the tracks on Blu ray 2 of the Live at Pompeii set would've made it more expensive and they decided to leave it as is.

Not only that, but with all those documentaries, they may have run out of disc space.
Plus, I'm sure they didn't want too much overlap with the main Pompeii film.

Just released, just arrived!!
Bought because Lisa Gerrard (from Dead Can Dance) is featured :banana:

7CAE5279-3985-4077-B4FA-FC9484D5CD3D.jpg
4247B5C4-CFCF-4D7D-A46B-8C337CF1C5DA.jpg

Sooo..how is it..."4AD"-ish ??? Spill the beans!!!

As Elmer wrote, very BT, Massive Attack and Delerium mixed up style. Yesterday just listened the stereo mix and only one track in 5.1 DTS-MA wich sounded very discrete and without gimmick effects. I really liked the music in this first aproach, looks like a promising surround experience!

I really thank artists to release new and great electronic music in this format! (y) :cool: Not the re-re-re-re-re-release of old abums.

Just one “but”: would have been great to have a download code for mp3 version for my iPod.

Amazingly, 5 days after purchase (in amazon UK, 9.55 without VAT for Mexico), the price and availability are an issue!! Right now: £36.28 :yikes

So grab a copy using the label’s on-line store!

Last edited:
Not found where I can place it

Yello - Live in Berlin Blu-ray

Electronic pioneers of switzerland

dodbolz3h9j7zz7k0.jpg

dodbpp05rm5rugw00.jpg

dodbq78yw8zq0pi4g.jpg

dodbqik6b1zpp6ry8.jpg

DTS HD MA 4.1

Great great great

Music 10/10

Mch. 9,5/10

Hans Zimmer LIVE in PRAGUE BD~V Dolby Atmos 7.1

Wow....that's all I can say. Hardly your typical Concert film of movie themes. I was mesmerized by the sights and sounds for 138 minutes. A simply gorgeous production with guitarist Johnny Marr adding some brilliant licks to Zimmer's eclectic canon of film music.

Highest Recommendation! (y)(y)

Read some of the 25 5* reviews from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Hans-Zimmer-...65953&creativeASIN=B0757G5PXW&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I just got Hans Zimmer's Live in Prague this week-end on Blu-ray, it is absolutely a winner! Fantastic surround mix (I'm listening in 5.1) with a varied setlist, lots of great guests, very unique array of performers in the orchestra all virtuosos in their own right, absolutely a must own disc.

For me the top two tracks are the track from Man of Steel and "Time" from Inception.

Blistering low end on some of these tracks, perfectly immersive surround mix. A reference disc through and through.

Wow, lucky me! The price for Anathema's Japan-only BD-A suddenly has dropped to EUR 14 at Amazon.de and the description claimed 1 copy left.
Well, I pulled the trigger and here it is:
A33NMZA.jpg

Symbol : Engine-Earz Experiment (BD-A)

(when i see the words "5.1 surround..mixed by Ronald Prent.." i know by now the experience is going to be of a certain standard)

C5Gec4d.jpg

xyxTncZ.jpg

Symbol : Engine-Earz Experiment (BD-A)

(when i see the words "5.1 surround..mixed by Ronald Prent.." i know by now the experience is going to be of a certain standard)

C5Gec4d.jpg

xyxTncZ.jpg

It’s an outstanding surround mix! And it’s not just for fans of dance/electronica. Anybody passing on this simply because this music is not their cup of tea is truly missing out. One of my favorite releases of the year - took me by surprise. Dare I say it gives Black Sea a run for its money?

Back