MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Opeth - Pale Communion

I was happy to find this one at a local Heavy Metal shop.

Fantastic surround mix!

I am guessing that your other passion (video games) might have something to do with that. ;)

Sixteen Sunsets is a very mellow jazz album.

Perfect for chillin' on a lazy afternoon or winding down after work. :brew

Sadly not.. all work and no play.. I need a holiday just to catch up on music! :p

oh.. yes.. i remember this one arriving too.. :eek:
did you get the Ltd. edition from the bands' merch site with the bonus DVD, RT?

Nope! Too expensive IMO.
Found it for the first time at a retail store so went with it there.
I'm not at my apt right now with my main surround setup, but from what I can tell, the surround mix for this documentary is not really discrete at all.
Dialogue in the center (as it should be) and music in the front stereo setup.
It is a documentary so I didn't necessarily expect full on envelopment, but it's been done before.
Nevertheless it doesn't detract from how well this documentary has been made, and is a must have for any Kansas fan. :)

Honestly, being such a huge Steven Wilson/Porcupine fan....I cannot even imagine why I waiting so long to order this. Any-who....just placed my order today. I'm sure I will be amazed how much I love it... (blu-ray)

51fdOXdHm6L._SX425_PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

We will never know in the UK, as Criterion will not sell to me.
Is the "Help" mix the same one as on the recent Apple badged one?

"A Hard Day's Night" is the one that was re-released by Criterion.
"Help!" was released on DVD in 2007 with a 5.1 surround mix, and the Blu-Ray released in 2013 has the same content as the DVD but in high-resolution.
I believe the "Help!" discs are available internationally.

"A Hard Day's Night" is the one that was re-released by Criterion.
"Help!" was released on DVD in 2007 with a 5.1 surround mix, and the Blu-Ray released in 2013 has the same content as the DVD but in high-resolution.
I believe the "Help!" discs are available internationally.

Are these Beatles Blu-ray's worth getting from a 5.1 pov would you say?

Well the "Hard Day's Night" 5.1 mix is not very discrete from a surround pov, cause the material is very limited in terms of arrangement and separation, BUT the overall film mix is MILES better than that junk DVD & Blu-Ray with the silver cover from Miramax.
I've already discussed "Help!" to a certain extent, and I think it's great.
I need to refresh my memory on "Magical Mystery Tour", but I felt like the music mixes could be a little more discrete than they really were, but like "A Hard Day's Night", the latest DVD & Blu-Ray editions are the best the film has ever looked and sounded.
"Yellow Submarine" has the same 5.1 surround mix that was originally released on DVD at the dawn of the millennium, but the picture quality has definitely improved for this latest Blu-Ray edition. Plus the surround mix is very discrete and enjoyable IMO! :)

Let me just comment on A Hard Day's Night and Help....Help has the better surround "effect"; but A Hard Day's Night is the superior all around disc..and shot in black and white with the Criterion treatment it's very impressive...it's great for a "film"..but neither of these 2 have "hi rez" audio quality..all you have to do is put in the Love disc and right away you can see the huge gap in sound quality...but what AHDN gives you is a glimpse of what the Beatles were like in their prime performing their songs...you just go to chapters 18 and 19 and you are taken back in time as they do a medley of their songs...to refresh my memory I listened to both Help and AHDN and now I have the Love disc in...AHDN is a special presentation and if you don't own the Criterion version I would recommend you purchase it...

Back