MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Yes Album just arrived. About to plonk it on for the first listen :)

10308147_10152414536870499_646270293214807121_n.jpg

Pink Live from Melbourne. 24/96 Dolby TrueHD. Not much in rears for the 5.1 mix, just ambiance. Nice sound, clear vocals, nothing mind blowing.

Hi guys, thanks for recommending the EJ sacds. I will give them a second thought, as we do not now if, and when they will be available on BDA. And the sacds are still available :)

I think the Greg Penny/Elton discs will make most any surround enthusiast a BIG Elton fan. I would hate to see anyone miss out on theses recordings as they were a real ear opener for me. I really wish Greg Penny was still involved in surround music.

Lori Lieberman - Bricks Against The Glass - Pure Audio Blu-ray - Gorgeous!!!

Where did you find this one LK? Its on Amazon UK for 22.77 GBP (a bit steep). Doesn't seem to have been released in AU yet.

I got the last one from a Amazon UK seller for a bit less than that.... (y)

Timing is everything :eek:

I think the Greg Penny/Elton discs will make most any surround enthusiast a BIG Elton fan. I would hate to see anyone miss out on theses recordings as they were a real ear opener for me. I really wish Greg Penny was still involved in surround music.

The mastering is terrible though.

keenly:

Look at the Dynamic Range info for the Captain Fantastic SACD's Surround mix.

That mastering has an average DR of 11 and a Max DR of 13, I'd hardly call that "too compressed".

Yes, it is maximised (i.e. Loud) but your argument doesn't hold water.

Don't take my word for it.

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/view/36986

the DR average would be even higher were it not for the Bonus of Philadelphia Freedom (which has a poor DR of 8) but if you knew anything about this particular recording in the first place, you'd know that Gus Dudgeon originally recorded it extremely hot, to the point where Greg Penny even commented about how he had to lower the levels of all the multi's for that particular song while he was remixing as it was all way too loud at reference levels.

Do your research and ditch the prejudice.

Get back to me with some facts and I'll start listening to you, until such time I'm going to have to ignore you because you are perpetuating complete myths about these Elton John SACDs on here.

it's unfair, it's untrue and I for one am sick of reading it.

Just arrived:
Modern Cool - Patricia Barber (BDA).

I have the tracks ripped and open in Audacity. The compression is clear to see. The Elton John SACDS have as almost as much compression as modern CDs, that is far too much.

Do you want me t take photos of the tracks in audacity?

Back