MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
High Fidelity Pure Audio Demonstration Disc

image.jpg

image.jpg

well, I bought this WAYY back when VHS were starting to boom, and they were recorded on VERY High Quality SCOTCH TAPE and were 89.95 USD (unfortunately, since i lived ON the BEACH, it went to hell in a hand basket after 10.15 years...mold!)...then, I saw it like a year ago in the FNAC on DVD for 5.99 EUR and I thought "well, if they are practically giving it away, I might as well get it"...Today I saw it on BluRay for 5.99 EUR, so I thought the SAME thing...
Led Zeppelin TSRTS!!!!

well, I bought this WAYY back when VHS were starting to boom, and they were recorded on VERY High Quality SCOTCH TAPE and were 89.95 USD (unfortunately, since i lived ON the BEACH, it went to hell in a hand basket after 10.15 years...mold!)...then, I saw it like a year ago in the FNAC on DVD for 5.99 EUR and I thought "well, if they are practically giving it away, I might as well get it"...Today I saw it on BluRay for 5.99 EUR, so I thought the SAME thing...
Led Zeppelin TSRTS!!!!

First time I saw TSRTS was at the midnight movies many years ago. I have the bluray and the hd-dvd that was recalled and then replaced because of one of the extras. Copyright infringement or something. Never opened it at the time hoping it would become collectable...

Interesting...basically all of his stuff sounds the same to me...PT stuff and solo stuf (not counting the rest of the collaborations, which ARE a bit different...and let's not even go into the "The day before you came" ABBA cover he did that's in the Kscope sampler no. 6)..
Some mellow stuff, with harmonies fading down to almost nothing and then.... WHAM HUGE WALL OF SOUND!!!!..solos...then again down in dynamics
it's brilliantly executed too...

I personally think that his best was "The Raven".. a bit farther away from his style, and I'm sure it was because of MR Parson's presence....

I also find the artwork EXTREMELY depressing and overly dark..well, it matches the music but it borders on the "amateurish"....too many scribbled lines and no real "artful" composition...
but then , I'm basically nobody and he is a star and a great artist and person..at least I think I'm a nice person and a bit talented...
we would love to hear your talent. What is the status of your, and your girl's, album?

we would love to hear your talent. What is the status of your, and your girl's, album?

Re-re-re-mixing it, it'll be out this year , I just need a publishing and distribution deal taken care of.. a LOT of emails until we get it right , cause I WANNA get it right,,,,

I WILL post , especially for my QQ brothers/sisters, you'll get a new thread (hopefully the mods will let me post it)...

Cheers!

Recent purchases in concerts on blu were Carol King's - Musicares, Melissa Etheridge - A Little Bit Of Me and Jackson Browne's - I'll Do Anything. The latter is a few years old and admittedly I likely avoided it previously due to its price and no surround option (Dolby TrueHD 2.0 only). I was mistaken not getting it before, it sounds that good. Hopefully due at the house today is Asia - Axis XXX Live in San Francisco 2012 :)

Anyone interested in the new Asia Axis XXX concert there is NO surround option, only DD stereo....disappointing.

Only lossy Dolby Digital on a Blu-ray? Yep, that would be disappointing to say the least. I tend to eliminate such disks from my collection.

Anyone interested in the new Asia Axis XXX concert there is NO surround option, only DD stereo....disappointing.

Only lossy Dolby Digital on a Blu-ray? Yep, that would be disappointing to say the least. I tend to eliminate such disks from my collection.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Copland: Rodeo, Dance Panels, El salon Mexico, Danzon cubano - Slatkin

Charming performances and robust sound. It could be a wee bit more immersive, but I still like this one a lot.

Hey LUTE - are you on a rampage buying music? Or does it just seem that way? How many discs have you purchased in the last few months??? :)

Don't ask! LOL! ;)

Well... What can I say, GOS? I really like music... And in surround I absolutely LOVE it! I just can't get enough of it with all the excellent classical, rock, jazz and AF's fabulous Quad releases. I'm lovin' The Doors. But, I've still gotta pick up Billy Joel.

I guess I am kinda on a rampage...:bounce17

David Gilmour's new album Rattle That Lock is up for pre order at Amazon.ca for all you canucks out there, did mine this morning!

Two-disc box set including CD, and a Blu-ray with a bonus 10 audio-visual items, 4 audio tracks, the album in 5.1 DTS Master Audio surround sound and PCM, plus a stereo version in 96kHz/24 bit. The AV clips include four "Barn Jam" clips including Richard Wright's last recorded/filmed performance, as well as four documentaries and two promo films. There's also a 32 page hardback lyric/photo book, a copy of Milton's Paradise Lost Book 2, and memorabilia including a poster, postcard and plectrum.

Roger Waters-Amused To Death......The Rolling Stones-Hyde Park 69.....i've watched the Stones disc[the video's about the same as it was on dvd and the audio's also about the same and the 5.1 mix is not too bad but not too discrete either]

Last edited:
Back