MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of 2L...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Franz Schubert - String Quartet no.14 in D minor, D.810

Edvard Grieg - String Quartet in G minor, Op.27

Performed by the Olso String Quartet.

image.jpg

Bryan Adams - Reckless

Well, I finally got this one. Excellent surround mix!
It's great to see (and hear) music from the 1980s being remixed into 5.1 or 4.0.
Let's hope a lot more of these classic albums get the same fabulous surround makeover.

Last edited:
View attachment 21990

Bryan Adams - Reckless

Well, I finally got this one. Excellent surround mix!
It's great to see (and hear) music from the 1980s being remixed into 5.1 or 4.0.
Let's hope a lot more of these classic albums get the same fabulous surround makeover.

Nice purchase, certainly is a good mix. Picked this up last year when it came out and saw him locally while he was touring for the re-release, he put on a fantastic show! Has a new album coming out soon if I'm not mistaken...

Last edited:
Joe Bonamassa-Live at the Radio City Music Hall

Cool! Didn't know this was coming out. Got 8 of his BD concerts, none set the world on fire for sound quality IMO, how do you find this one? I would think RCMH would be a great venue for recording...please share your thoughts! (n)(y)

Eagle Rock EntertainmentEagle Rock Entertainment has officially announced that it will release on Blu-ray Nazareth's Nazareth: No Means of Escape. The release will be available for purchase on October 16.

No Means Of Escape combines two films: a live set and a documentary. Live At Metropolis was filmed before a select audience at London's famous Metropolis Studios. The documentary Made In Scotland tells the full story of Nazareth's remarkable career from their formation in 1968, to their breakthrough in the 1970s and their ongoing career in the present day. Celebrating the band's history, the cover art on No Means Of Escape features a new version of the classic character created for Nazareth's 1979 album No Mean City by fantasy artist Rodney Matthews. Digitally, this material will be made available as two separate elements: Live At Metropolis and Made In Scotland.

The concert itself features hit tracks and album favorites including "Love Hurts," "Hair Of The Dog," "Razamanaz," "May The Sun Shine," "Bad Bad Boy," "This Flight Tonight," "Expect No Mercy," and many more! The documentary contains classic footage and new interviews with past and present members of the band including now retired lead singer Dan McCafferty.

In addition to the concert film and documentary, No Means Of Escape includes an acoustic session track "This Flight Tonight," and additional interviews with Dan McCafferty and Pete Agnew as bonus features.

Between the incredible live set and the story of the band presented by the men themselves, No Means Of Escape is a double-dose of Nazareth that fans won't want to miss.

BAND LINE-UP:
Linton Osborne – lead vocals
Pete Agnew – bass
Jimmy Murrison – guitar
Lee Agnew - drums

TRACKLISTING

1) Silver Dollar Forger
2) Sleeptalker
3) Rock 'n' Roll Telephone
4) Razamanaz
5) May The Sun Shine
6) See You See Me
7) Turn On Your Receiver
8) Bad Bad Boy
9) One Set Of Bones
10) This Flight Tonight
11) Hair Of The Dog
12) Love Hurts
13) Expect No Mercy

Attachments

• Naz.jpg
    Naz.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 184
I watched it last night......the picture quality was good and the audio quality was also quite good imho[as good if not better than his other Blu rays imho].

Cool! Didn't know this was coming out. Got 8 of his BD concerts, none set the world on fire for sound quality IMO, how do you find this one? I would think RCMH would be a great venue for recording...please share your thoughts! (n)(y)

All were mixed by Kevin Shirley, none have great surround mixes, although some use the rears for horns. Kevin will use one rear channel and leave the other with nothing in it, very annoying.

All were mixed by Kevin Shirley, none have great surround mixes, although some use the rears for horns. Kevin will use one rear channel and leave the other with nothing in it, very annoying.

Sweetest Day Gifts from Joe:

6178bZbvdhL._SX342_.jpg
Love & Mercy story of Brian Wilson Blu-Ray

images-1.jpeg
What's Going On - Taste Live at Isle of Wight/Beat Club/Videos 1970 Blu-Ray (not to be confused with Big Tasty) LPCM Stereo

Unknown-6.jpeg
Live in Hyde Park & Mr. Blue Sky (story of Jeff Lynne & ELO) - ELO Blu-Ray LPCM Stereo

Unknown-7.jpeg
CSNY 74 Blu-Ray-A w/bonus DVD

images-2.jpeg
Amused to Death - Roger Waters 5.1 Blu-Ray/CD

Unknown-8.jpeg
Rattle That Lock - David Gilmour 5.1 Blu-Ray/CD

Pumpkin Spice Oreos and a John Cena medallion...

He's anxious for me to unwrap what I got for him...

Sweetest Day Gifts from Joe:

Love & Mercy story of Brian Wilson Blu-Ray
What's Going On - Taste Live at Isle of Wight/Beat Club/Videos 1970 Blu-Ray (not to be confused with Big Tasty) LPCM Stereo
Live in Hyde Park & Mr. Blue Sky (story of Jeff Lynne & ELO) - ELO Blu-Ray LPCM Stereo
CSNY 74 Blu-Ray-A w/bonus DVD
Amused to Death - Roger Waters 5.1 Blu-Ray/CD
Rattle That Lock - David Gilmour 5.1 Blu-Ray/CD

Pumpkin Spice Oreos and a John Cena medallion...

He's anxious for me to unwrap what I got for him...

What a great list!
I don't have the Taste or CSNY releases, but let me know what you think of the others.
(PS I also bought some Pumpkin Spice Oreos too after work tonight!) :)

image.jpg

Sweetest Day gift to myself (if that's possible). ;)

Joseph Haydn
String Quartets · Vol. 5 of 14
op. 20, nos. 1 - 6
Auryn Quartet

Back