MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also got the Richard Thompson blu ray recently[in place of the Scorpions disc]and it's actually quite good imho.

I posted this elsewhere, but just picked up Gotan Project 3.0 Live - excellent live DTS HD MA 5.1 mix with many discrete elements - Tangotronica (y)

Also recently purchased the Richard Thompson "Celtic Connections" BD - LOVE his guitar playing - his singing voice not so much - still there is much to enjoy here - mix is standard Eagle fare - good not great.

Duh! I posted this on 1/7/12. Obviously, I haven't seen/heard it yet. I buy too much stuff! Guess I have credit the next time I hit Rolling Stone Records for the one I bought on Saturday. Between having CRS (can't remember shit!) and owning so much stuff, it's not the first time I reacquired the exact same pressing. It won't be the last. In the near future, I should quit buying software altogether, since the 18,000+ titles I own will all seem new to me, due to memory loss.

Although I've not been diagnosed with it, the great part of having Alzheimer's is that you're ALWAYS meeting new people. :mad:@: I had my Maternal Grandmother to 101! Because of Alzheimer's, I lost her bit by bit.

Steve Winwood Live in Concert

just picked up Black and White-Roy Orbison.
always liked his style. and everyone here gave the album good ratings.

watched this last night. on BD.
never saw it before. and I was kicking myself for not doing this sooner.
If only Bruce stayed in the back, it would have been perfect. I feel no one has the right to sing Roy's songs but Roy.
I grew up with the haunting melodic strains of Roy's music. It was in my head at an early age, and no one can perform like he did.
The world lost a valuable asset when he died.
is there any more??

Always has been. These days, it often takes me a few days or a week to get the new releases. It used to be that I would have them the day they were released, if not an advance copy before, sometimes with a white cover, 'cause the real one wasn't ready. Have several 1/2 speed masters like that. Elton John is another notorious collector. Clive Davis prepared a promo package for Elton the first time they met. Even though they were new releases, Elton already had them!

I don't need to be gouged on EBay, cause I bought it for cheap when it was new. When I was in the hifi business, I had friends at several big record stores and many record labels around town. I'd give them deals on hifi, troubleshoot and wire their gear. They'd give me promos. I still get deals and promos, but not like that. Ah, those WERE the days!

I would tell people that I don't do drugs, I shoot up with a phonograph needle. For thirty years, I've done it with a laser.

When it comes to music- esp. mch in all flavors- I'm beginning to think it'd be easier for you to list what you don't have, than what you do! :worthy

OK- so we're waiting for that small list of what you don't have! Then we know what to get you for your b'day. :D

Always has been. These days, it often takes me a few days or a week to get the new releases. It used to be that I would have them the day they were released, if not an advance copy before, sometimes with a white cover, 'cause the real one wasn't ready. Have several 1/2 speed masters like that. Elton John is another notorious collector. Clive Davis prepared a promo package for Elton the first time they met. Even though they were new releases, Elton already had them!

I don't need to be gouged on EBay, cause I bought it for cheap when it was new. When I was in the hifi business, I had friends at several big record stores and many record labels around town. I'd give them deals on hifi, troubleshoot and wire their gear. They'd give me promos. I still get deals and promos, but not like that. Ah, those WERE the days!

I would tell people that I don't do drugs, I shoot up with a phonograph needle. For thirty years, I've done it with a laser.

A one piece swim suit, so I don't have people thinking "what's that fat old bitch doing in that black bikini?!?" It's what I've worn on my last few vactaions. No one asked me to cover up so far. BTW: you missed my B Day buy a couple weeks.

OK- so we're waiting for that small list of what you don't have! Then we know what to get you for your b'day. :D

The Planets - An HD Odessey - The Houston Symphony - Director: Hans Graf

I know, another "Planets", but this one is very nicely done with beautiful telescopic, artistic and theoretical views of the planets of our solar system.

I had this one briefly, gifted it to a friend (after ripping to m2ts). Very nice, not my favorite Planets performance but fun to watch/listen. I just wish they had a second video stream that showed the orchestra actually playing, you can only watch the Hubble/CGI so many times.

Tom Petty Mojo and Damn The Torpedoes on Blu Ray Audio.

Back