MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lenny Kravitz - Are you gonna go my way?
Elton Jogn - Goodbye yellow brick road.

I like what I am hearing on both discs. Never owned both albums, so I cannot compare the SQ, but both are spunding very good to my ears.

Didnt know Elton was rocking out so much. Looking forward to hear his other 5.1 's on BD as well.

Last edited:
Lenny Kravitz - Are you gonna go my way?
Elton Jogn - Goodbye yellow brick road.

I like what I am hearing on both discs. Never owned both albums, so I cannot compare the SQ, but both are spunding very good to my ears.

Didnt know Elton was rocking out so much. Looking forward to hear his other 5.1 's on BD as well.

oh Robert! He was rockin and rollin, and hoppin and boppin his way up the Yellow Brick Road all the way thru the early 70's!

you have the other Elton Surround SACDs already, right? if not, you just have to check them out! they're even better than GYBR (not so much musically.. well, apart from Captain Fantastic.. ;) ;) ) but in terms of sound quality and 5.1 mixes, really things like the SACDs of Captain Fantastic and Tumbleweed Connection should be in every QQ-ers collection!

that's providing they like Elton's music of course! :eek: though even if you didn't before I know a lot of people who love him now who 30 years ago when I was a kid would dismiss his music because he was a figure of fun and had become middle of the road.. but those 70's Classics in all their Surround glory, well they're still some of my most treasured Surround music discs (and I got them approx 10 years ago as my 1st SACDs before I had a machine that could play the Surround on them!).

It would be helpful if you guys wrote a brief summary, I.E sound quality, mix etc instead of just stating title. I collect Blu Ray Concerts so feedback is always welcome.

You get post on a Bank Holiday Monday?? Spawny git! LOL ;)

Hoping my copy turns up tomorrow!

I don't normally. A month's free trial of Amazon Prime got me Homo Erraticus last Sunday and The Yes Album today :cool:

I've just listened to the 5.1 once. Awesome. Must listen again, but we've got guests round now.

oh Robert! He was rockin and rollin, and hoppin and boppin his way up the Yellow Brick Road all the way thru the early 70's!

you have the other Elton Surround SACDs already, right? if not, you just have to check them out! they're even better than GYBR (not so much musically.. well, apart from Captain Fantastic.. ;) ;) ) but in terms of sound quality and 5.1 mixes, really things like the SACDs of Captain Fantastic and Tumbleweed Connection should be in every QQ-ers collection!

that's providing they like Elton's music of course! :eek: though even if you didn't before I know a lot of people who love him now who 30 years ago when I was a kid would dismiss his music because he was a figure of fun and had become middle of the road.. but those 70's Classics in all their Surround glory, well they're still some of my most treasured Surround music discs (and I got them approx 10 years ago as my 1st SACDs before I had a machine that could play the Surround on them!).

Hi Adam, I only have the Honky Chateau sacd. A nice mix, but I hold of buying other titles when Ryan (rtbluray) had contact with Greg Penny who mentioned that some titles would be released on a new medium, probably BDA, if I remember correctly. So hopefully we see the rest of the catalogue in 5.1 on BDA over time.

Hi Adam, I only have the Honky Chateau sacd. A nice mix, but I hold of buying other titles when Ryan (rtbluray) had contact with Greg Penny who mentioned that some titles would be released on a new medium, probably BDA, if I remember correctly. So hopefully we see the rest of the catalogue in 5.1 on BDA over time.

Tumbleweed Connection is a must have IMHO...treat yourself to an early/late birthday present :banana:

You should buy the rest of Elton's sacd's while they are still available. They are inexpensive and sound terrific. The only miss is "Peachtree Road" which is not up to Greg Penny standards.

You should buy the rest of Elton's sacd's while they are still available. They are inexpensive and sound terrific. The only miss is "Peachtree Road" which is not up to Greg Penny standards.

That may, in part, be due to the 5.1 Surround Mix on Peachtree Road being done by another recording engineer! :)

That may, in part, be due to the 5.1 Surround Mix on Peachtree Road being done by another recording engineer! :)

That'd be Matt Still who co-produced Peachtree Rd w/Elton (credited otherwise but in reality he was co-producer, doing a lot of ProTools stuff etc). I've been told he also mixed the next album (The Captain & The Kid) into 5.1 for SACD at Elton's request, though that never saw the light of day, sadly as it's a stronger album than Peachtree with more scope for surround mixing inventiveness, imho.

Back