MUSIC ONLY! What's Your Latest Blu-Ray or Blu-Ray-A, Concert or Music-Related?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
Music is the reason we're all here. (I hope.) What concert, music documentary, musical movie, video collection or album on Blu-Ray/Blu-Ray-A is the latest added to your pile? This thread is NOT intended for movies with no connection to music. Thanks!

Mine are:
Concert for George (Harrison)
Heart-Night at Sky Church
Hair ('79 movie)
Bob Dylan Revealed, a documentary

Linda
Blu-Ray Babe

The Planets - An HD Odessey - The Houston Symphony - Director: Hans Graf

I know, another "Planets", but this one is very nicely done with beautiful telescopic, artistic and theoretical views of the planets of our solar system.

Mine are:
Concert for George (Harrison)
Heart-Night at Sky Church

How is the Heart disc? I've hesitated because, a) Heart releases concert videos almost as often as McCartney, b) I've already got "The Road Home" and "Live In Seattle", and c) I was very underwhelmed with the Dreamboat Annie Live performance, particularly the lead guitarist.

Tom Petty Mojo on Blu-ray.

Though as noted on another thread, I haven't played it yet

Please keep us informed if you have any playback issues.

My latest Blu-ray are;

Concert For George
Neil Young International Harvesters - A Treasure
MusiCares Tribute To Neil Young

My last one was Steven Wilson's Grace for Drowning - it's in the mail to me now (super duper deluxe version), and I'm pondering getting the ELP High Voltage Festival disk.

I haven't played my Blu-Ray-A Mojo. I've had it for a year! I played the CD and was wowed. I still need to view/audition Heart-Night at Sky Church. I'll report on that once I do.

Linda
Buys WAY Too Much Stuff!

Over a year....yikes.
I've only had my copy for two weeks, but it means disconnecting my BR player and hauling it downstairs to the audio system to play it in 2 channel.
Suppose I could play it in 5.1 now ;)

Last ones here?
Nirvana at the Paramount (BluRay), STeven Wilson's "Grace For Drowning" BD edition & the Pink Floyd Immersion box set of DSOTM (just arrived)

Phoenix Rising-Deep Purple
40th Anniversary Reunion Concert-Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Immersion Box Blu-Ray/DVD/CD
Eagle Vision Blu-Ray Sampler PROMO EVBR03356 Queen, Jeff Beck, Cure, Jamiroquai, Rush, Return to Forever, Styx, Rick Wakeman, Garry Moore, Paul Rodgers, Status Quo, Legends w/Clapton, Deep Purple, Ted Nugent, ZZ Top, Jason Aldean, Black Crowes, Yes, Earth, Wind & Fire, Ray Charles, Kenny G, Santana. Who, Jethro Tull, Diana Krall, Asia, Alice Cooper, Toto, Billy Idol & Marilyn Manson

Linda
Cat Scratch Fever, You Got Me on My Knees with Fire in the Sky. Such a Subtle Wrist.

Phoenix Rising-Deep Purple
40th Anniversary Reunion Concert-Emerson, Lake & Palmer
Immersion Box Blu-Ray/DVD/CD
Eagle Vision Blu-Ray Sampler PROMO EVBR03356 Queen, Jeff Beck, Cure, Jamiroquai, Rush, Return to Forever, Styx, Rick Wakeman, Garry Moore, Paul Rodgers, Status Quo, Legends w/Clapton, Deep Purple, Ted Nugent, ZZ Top, Jason Aldean, Black Crowes, Yes, Earth, Wind & Fire, Ray Charles, Kenny G, Santana. Who, Jethro Tull, Diana Krall, Asia, Alice Cooper, Toto, Billy Idol & Marilyn Manson

Linda
Cat Scratch Fever, You Got Me on My Knees with Fire in the Sky. Such a Subtle Wrist.

How is the Deep Purple? It is Deep Purple version 2.0 right? (or is it actually 3.0? I forget how all of those band member changes went.) Is it mostly a documentary? The ELP concert looks cool as well.

Also, where did you find the Eagle Vision Blu-ray sampler?

Dennis, DP Phoenix has the 80 min. doc Gettin' Tighter, plus 30 min. 5 track 12/15/75 Budokan and 8 audio tracks from 12/75 Jakarta. It also has an interview with Lord & Hughes and the video "Come Taste the Band electronic press kit." Video concert has a similar look to Zep's SRTS movie. 5.1 means very light ambience in the rears, which are almost non existent. I'll switch to 2ch for this disc in the future. Fidelity is nothing to write home about. Overall, a 5. It's DP Mark IV, with Coverdale & Bolin.

Heart's Night at Sky Church was listed in an earlier thread. It has 2.0 as default audio. 5.1 has REAL ambience/audience in rears. Video and audio quality are good. I prefer Live in Seattle, my vote for best combined audio/video/performance Blu-Ray or DVD by ANYONE. Alison Krauss guests on These Dreams, Safronia's Mark & Your Long Journey. Worth the price of admission if you dig Alison. I do. Never, What About Love, Kick It Out and tracks from Red Velvet Car (good album, a 9) aren't on Seattle, so those are good reasons, too. I give this a 9, 8 without Alison. You've GOT to hear Alison sing These Dreams!

The Eagle Vision Blu-ray Sampler came from Rolling Stones in Norridge, IL. I have 9 of the Blu-Rays it was taken from. It was free with any three EV Blu-Rays. I've been blessed with piles of promos from my friends in the record business over the years. Could it be because I buy do damned much? RS is the largest volume single store in IL. A short cab ride from O'Hare if you've got a long layover. Everything listed in this post and my 9/27 2nd post on the Latest CD thread is from RS. R&R HEAVEN. Long live RS!!! http://www.rollingstonesmusic.com

Linda
Comin' Straight On For You

133949]How is the Deep Purple? It is Deep Purple version 2.0 right? (or is it actually 3.0? I forget how all of those band member changes went.) Is it mostly a documentary? The ELP concert looks cool as well.

Also, where did you find the Eagle Vision Blu-ray sampler?[/QUOTE]

Back