What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. All
Some more to my pile of matrix LP`s

( EMI Odeon. RM=QS EOZ-80007 -Adamo "Live In Japan 1972" )-
( King Records. QS 4K3 -Leon Pops Karei Naru Saishin Eiga Shudai )-
( CBS. SQ SOCN 9 -Andrew kazdin Music For Four Brass Choirs )-
( Pioneer. SQ PQX1004 -V.A. Four Channel Record )-

View attachment 28897
View attachment 28898
View attachment 28899

View attachment 28900
View attachment 28901
View attachment 28902

View attachment 28903
View attachment 28904

View attachment 28905

Oh wow! "Music for Four Brass Choirs" looks fantastic! That's definitely my cup of tea. How's the Quad mix?

Great album, Adam. How does it sound in QUAD? I only have the reissued Stereo SACD....never even knew it had a multichannel release. http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=1645

Hope things are getting back to normal for you.

hey Ralph, the mix is superb, excellent surround, like the rest of the Stax Quads.. soundwise it's somewhat bright (that hi-hat/ride cymbal at the start of the main theme is quite strikingly strident! :yikes ) but still great and if it were to be reissued remastered from the original Quad master tapes by AF/DV I think it could really be a sensational release.

Oh wow! "Music for Four Brass Choirs" looks fantastic! That's definitely my cup of tea. How's the Quad mix?

Hi. Lute

This is a classical peace recorded at St. Georges Church N.Y. I have listened to this LP and I would say this is what Quadraphonic stands for the front cover of this LP tells all and the name Four Brass Choirs is a apt name for it.
The four corners of the listening space cascade all around you with each choir of brass playing off each other from each corner,I found this to be fantastic.
I am not a classical buff by all means, but I really enjoyed this.
Bill..

PIC01.jpg

that description gives me an idea for a new quad creation, but with synths instead of brass. I'll have to hear what's going on on this record.:cool:

Hi. Lute

This is a classical peace recorded at St. Georges Church N.Y. I have listened to this LP and I would say this is what Quadraphonic stands for the front cover of this LP tells all and the name Four Brass Choirs is a apt name for it.
The four corners of the listening space cascade all around you with each choir of brass playing off each other from each corner,I found this to be fantastic.
I am not a classical buff by all means, but I really enjoyed this.
Bill..

View attachment 28947

Thanks, Bill!

WOW! Now I really want to listen to this. A great candidate for Dutton Vocalion or perhaps PentaTone. Give it a spin for me sometime. ;)

Breakaway - Art Garfunkel (SQ)

2nd copy, in open shrink, potentially/hopefully in better condition than prev. one..

Such a GREAT album, Adam. Hope you have better luck this time around. REALLY, really wish those Art Garfunkel QUADs would eventually be released in SACD.

Such a GREAT album, Adam. Hope you have better luck this time around. REALLY, really wish those Art Garfunkel QUADs would eventually be released in SACD.

Thanks Ralph :) the 1st copy wasn't bad by any means, just a bit crackly on a couple of tracks (that multiple passes thru the cleaning machine wouldn't budge) ..me too, great albums and surround mixes very worthy of modern MCh reissue imho.

Back