What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John, you're on the mark. TAKRL, TMQ & the Swingin' Pig did some very juicy live albums. Tanks for the Mammaries may have been TAKRL's greatest moment. A 2 LP compilation with each track by a different artist. Beatles, Hendrix, Simon & Garfunkel, Cat Stevens, Bowie, Rutles, Zappa, Jethro Tull, CSN&Y, Spirit, The Band, Fleetwood Mac, Steely Dan, Springsteen, and more, ending with Groucho Marx! I'm sure you can envision the cover! Those really were the days!

Rock On - Davis Essex SQ LP
0.jpg

Philadelphia Freedom - MFSB SQ LP
mfsb-philadelphia_freedom(1).jpg

JAMES DEAN!!

Byrdmaniax - Byrds Japan SQ
160436364415.jpg
132428025_amazoncom-byrds-byrdmaniax-original-lp-promo-poster-ad-.jpg
389189b.jpg
View attachment 8360
View attachment 8358
View attachment 8359

Company - Sondheim Original '70's cast w/Dean Jones & Elaine Strich SQ
31vU8CcglIL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

I prefer Strich in her role, but Raul Esparza OWNS the role of Bobby. I have a Blu-Ray of that revival cast, which I saw twice at the Barrymore Theater in NYC in '07. It was also broadcast on PBS. I have a framed poster signed by that entire cast.
51rEM5QsS-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Has anyone seen/heard this new Company NY Philharmonic, Patti LuPone and others?
51aXFO-rWPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

found today at sally army Acker Bilk "Some Of My Favorite Things"
it's on PYE label. says "a quadraphonic 4 channel recording compatable stereo"
have few other similar from PYE but have no idea what sort of matrix they had used.
anyway, haven't listened yet but visually seems like LP in very good shape.

31a7eb7b6f5d2b6c3d204a4da8ecb9d1.199.jpg

Attachments

• Acker-Bilk-Some-Of-My-Favour-499800.jpg
    Acker-Bilk-Some-Of-My-Favour-499800.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 374
Okay, I haven't got any new quad records in a while so last night I waas a little spendy at the record store.

Gold Border Barbra Streisand Funny Girl (SQ) $0.99

Andy Williams You've Got A Friend (SQ) $2.99

Janis Joplin Pearl (SQ) $19.99

The Buddy Miles Band (SQ) $5.99 (never heard this album before and it was amazing)

The Raiders Indian Reservation (SQ) 14.99 (sealed, almost perfect, no shelf wear even, what do you think? Should I open it? Leave it sealed as a collectable? I haven't decided yet. What do you think?)

A great haul!

Musically and mix-wise, Indian Reservation is one of the best Quads. I have a Q8 w/a gold foil slipcover and an SQ. Sure, I'm a hard-core Raiders fan, but this album is exceptional.

Okay, I haven't got any new quad records in a while so last night I waas a little spendy at the record store.

Gold Border Barbra Streisand Funny Girl (SQ) $0.99

Andy Williams You've Got A Friend (SQ) $2.99

Janis Joplin Pearl (SQ) $19.99

The Buddy Miles Band (SQ) $5.99 (never heard this album before and it was amazing)

The Raiders Indian Reservation (SQ) 14.99 (sealed, almost perfect, no shelf wear even, what do you think? Should I open it? Leave it sealed as a collectable? I haven't decided yet. What do you think?)

A great haul!

Musically and mix-wise, Indian Reservation is one of the best Quads. I have a Q8 w/a gold foil slipcover and an SQ. Sure, I'm a hard-core Raiders fan, but this album is exceptional.

Now I must decide though, if I should leave this one sealed and look for an open copy, or crack it open for a listen. Not only is it sealed, but as I said, even the wrap is perfect. It looks as minty as it would have fresh off the truck.

A couple more 99 cent records

Konrad Ragossnig Southeest German Chamber Orchestra Baroque Guitar Concerti (QS)

Charlie Rich Behind Closed Doors (SQ)

I did some record shopping today :D

I found another copy of The Raiders - Indian Reservation (SQ)

Now I don't have to open my sealed copy :D

Antonio Barbosa Beethoven Sonata Op, 53, "Waldstein"/Sonata Op, 109 (SQ)

320949263711.jpg

Look what I found too today ;D

$T2eC16FHJGIE9nnWprvuBP9IS8F!T!~~60_35.JPG

Gershwin An American In Paris, Catfish Row, Promenade - St. Louis Symphony Orchestra (QS) (.99)

Couple bookstore buys:

The London Festival Ballet Orchestra - Scott Joplin: The Entertainer Ballet (SQ) 2.99

West, Bruce & Laing - Why Dontcha (SQ) 14.99

Did you ever shop at any of the Korvettes around Philly? They carried everything, from groceries to tires. The larger stores were called Korvette City and even had a component hi-fi department with their own hi-fi brand, XAM. I lived in their Chicago stores, which were two levels and several buildings, quite a bit larger than the ones in Philly in these Vintage Korvettes pix: http://digital.library.temple.edu/c...a.)/field/all/mode/exact/conn/and/cosuppress/

That's crazy cool!

Back