What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the album has the CD-4 sticker, then you have the CD-4 version of Puka Shells (GNPS-2091).
If it doesn't, you probably have the EV-4 matrix encoded version of the album (GNPSQ-2091). I wasn't aware of an EV-encoded version of this album. I only saw the CD-4, and thought it was a single-inventory release. I think it was the only title GNP released in quad.

well I just checked and my copy is definitely not CD-4.

the catalogue number is GNPS-2091, which is both on the record label itself and the rear sleeve.

there was a sticker on the front of the sleeve, not resembling that black rectangular one with CD-4 blurb on it, it looked to be round and silver with black block type.. however only a remnant remains it was torn off the shrinkwrap at some point, not by me I hasten to add, I love stickers! :D

in the dead wax is etched AQPS-B-13248 and stamped in block caps "Mastered By Capitol".

well I've no idea what this is now.. guess I'll try it in the Surround Master's QS mode and see if it does anything?! :confused:

If you play it and the CD4 light lights up
You have CD4 LP
If not who knows what you have?

If you play it and the CD4 light lights up
You have CD4 LP
If not who knows what you have?

its definitely not a CD-4 LP, the light doesn't come on and it doesn't look anything like a CD-4 LP.

I tried it in QS mode last night and it wasn't upto much surround wise.. but i was a bit distracted and tired so will give it another try later in the week.

Hi. All

More matrix LP`s

( Monument Record CBS. SQ ZQ 32922 -Charlie Mc Coy The Nashville Hit Man )-
( ABC Records. QS LLP-271 -Bobby Vinton ''Melodies Of Love'' 7'' EP )-

IMG_1873.jpg
IMG_1874.jpg
DISC 1.jpg

PIC1.jpg
IMG_1878.jpg
DISC 2.jpg

Hey Bill - I'm always amazed at all the Quad LP's you post. Do you post them as you buy them? Or are you just posting photos from a collection you've had for years?
Either way, so cool to see these.

Hey Bill - I'm always amazed at all the Quad LP's you post. Do you post them as you buy them? Or are you just posting photos from a collection you've had for years?
Either way, so cool to see these.

Hi. GOS

These Quad LP`s I put up here on QQ are the ones I have newly bought sometimes I may buy more than one copy because I may not be happy with the quality of the LP '' like fredy does ''

Hi. All

More matrix LP`s

( Crown. RM=QS GW-7062Q -0Yoji Yamashita Hawaii Fresh! Hawaiian Best )-
( Jockey Records. QS JSLP 2002 -Walk on the Wild Side with the Westcoasters )-
( BASF. SQ 20 228 444 -Classic Wonderland Arno Flor Orchestra )-
( EMI. SQ ESC80163 -Dutilleux Serge Baudo Cello Conerto )-

View attachment 29618
View attachment 29619
View attachment 29620
View attachment 29621
View attachment 29622
View attachment 29623
]
This Swedish QS is one I've been looking for. I've been really wanting to hear this record. Where did you find it?

Back