What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don Ellis - Tears of Joy - SQ 2 LP
Paul Simon - Still Crazy After All These Years - SQ LP

Bernstein's Trouble in Tahiti and Barbra Streisand Live Concert at the Forum (with added lines in her monologue before On a Clear Day).

Two new additions Johnny Mathis Me and Mrs Jones and the long searched self-titled debut of the group Chase, which features the frequently featured track for SQ compilations, "Open Up Wide".

For anyone who loves Chase, might I recommend Pure Music SQ/Q8.
images-1.jpeg
It features a vocalist from my old neighborhood: Jim Peterik. Jim is in Ides of March and was in Survivor. Even before the Ides had a record out, they played in the parking lot at Cermak Plaza (home of the infamous car kabob, which came later) in Berwyn after school.
images.jpeg

Two new additions Johnny Mathis Me and Mrs Jones and the long searched self-titled debut of the group Chase, which features the frequently featured track for SQ compilations, "Open Up Wide".

For anyone who loves Chase, might I recommend Pure Music SQ/Q8.
View attachment 16757
It features a vocalist from my old neighborhood: Jim Peterik. Jim is in Ides of March and was in Survivor. Even before the Ides had a record out, they played in the parking lot at Cermak Plaza (home of the infamous car kabob, which came later) in Berwyn after school.
View attachment 16758

While I didn't find an LP of Pure Music, I downloaded it from Itunes today. I'm curious to know if the version I have is the SQ version. If so, I'm on Cloud Nine.

Chase's Pure Music has a stereo mix which was released on LP, CD & Cassette. The only positive way to have the Quad mix is to buy the SQ or Q8. I recall someone saying SOME domestic CD pressings were SQ. There is also a recent Japanese Blu-Spec CD that sports the SQ logo.

While I didn't find an LP of Pure Music, I downloaded it from Itunes today. I'm curious to know if the version I have is the SQ version. If so, I'm on Cloud Nine.

i found today in Goodwill LP by Longines Symphonette Society "Million Dollar Sellers Vol.1"
weird as it doesn't mention on sleeve or disc either stereo or quadraphonic but has catalog number SQ 93925
also another no less strange find, cassette "Crazy For You/Original Broadway Cast Recording" by Angel label with # 4DQ 54618
could it be quad matrix on cassette?

If you read the
on the back of the cover there address is Symphonette Square.
maybe that,s where the (SQ) started
as far as I know there did not make SQ LPs only QS

thanks for clarification guys.
oh well, one buck isn't big loss and anyway won't save me from upcoming bankruptcy :)
but you have no ideas in regard of cassette?
i actually still buying them (classical on EMI/Angel label) if happens to see.

Unfortunately the cassette is only stereo. The number system is well past the quad issues. Angel doesn't seem to have anything in quad as late as 1992, which this title is from. Angel titles in quad, regardless of cassette, LP or 8-track will most likely have the double circle logo or a mention of SQ encoding on jacket/label/J-card.

Thanks to a friend who found a small bunch of these sealed. I now have this SQ demonstration record I've never seen before. It is project 3, so probably tunes done by Enoch Light. It has Mahna-Mahna on it, which makes me happy cause I love that song and the gf hates it! Now I can hear it in quad.

ForumRunner_20150302_221908.jpg

ForumRunner_20150302_221923.jpg

I think he may have had about three. I can check. Mine has a very slight bow. Doesn't effect play. Probably from being sealed tightly all these years and/or not properly stored. Cool record.

Hey Bill! Be sure to let us know how they sound. Some of us want to know what the music is like and how they decode. Anytime I see them, they are outrageously priced for a curiosity.

HI. Circular Vibes.
These 2 LP`s SQ QS - all text on these are Japanese just the name (The Brilliant Variety Best 40 SQ & 20 for the RM-QS) relating to how many songs on the LP, Both are from the same big band sort of like Enoch Light type of music with a Japanese slant and some Japanese instruments here and there through some pieces, both are equal in concept in Surround very good front to back separation of instruments playing off of each other, these 2lp`s where in mint condition but I still cleaned them with my Spin Cleaner, then I recorded them to my computer GREAT SURROUND.
Bill.....

Hey, big thanx Bill! I appreciate the info. Since I don't mind that kind of stuff at all, I will keep my eyes open for them. I am not sure I'd want to pay the usual over $40 for them, but around $20 or so, I just might.

Got these over the course of the past week. wakeman wives.jpgOlfield boxed.jpgWinter night.jpg
Pretty excited about the box set since it has all three of the Oldfield albums I know and like, plus a 4th that I have never heard.

Back