What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Treasure Island - Keith Jarrett (QS)

This Keith Jarrett disc is one I really should have listened to "MUCH MORE". I no longer have it, and really only played the first two tracks from what I can state, but......I believe many QQ members have mentioned this is one of the better Sansui quad mixes on Impulse.!!!

Fizzyscrewedup !! :couch

This Keith Jarrett disc is one I really should have listened to "MUCH MORE". I no longer have it, and really only played the first two tracks from what I can state, but......I believe many QQ members have mentioned this is one of the better Sansui quad mixes on Impulse.!!!

Fizzyscrewedup !! :couch

Thanks for the heads up FW. This was one of the last QS records I was really curious to hear since the extract on the Koss Quad Headphone demo disc was v.good. I'll give it a go over the w/e and report back :upthumb it seems pretty common in the U.S far as I can see (had a tough time getting a copy here though!) you could always pick up another one and try the whole thing out in Quad, at last? ;)

Preservation Hall Jazz Band - New Orleans Vol.1 (SQ)

FullSizeRender-208.jpg

Hi. fredy

This is a period jazz LP I have and liked, its querky and fun to listen to.

hey Bill good to hear from you, hope all is well?
this was one I remember seeing a passing mention about on here saying the mix wasn't all that and it's also on Mark Anderson's site saying that the CD is SQ encoded but other than that its a kinda under the radar one I guess?
when I saw the LP from a fella on Discogs who was flogging a couple of other things I wanted I just went for it, even though I'm not really any more than mildly curious how it pans out in surround at this point tbh. I'm wrapping up the SQ & QS thing as I've now pretty much exhausted all the rock/pop/jazz/soul things that came out in those Quad matrix forms, ideally before the summer kicks in so I can do some sun worshipping and top up my crazily low Vitamin D levels (another thing to add to the list of ailments! everything's dropping off in the mid life crisis! ha.. :p )

hey Bill good to hear from you, hope all is well?
this was one I remember seeing a passing mention about on here saying the mix wasn't all that and it's also on Mark Anderson's site saying that the CD is SQ encoded but other than that its a kinda under the radar one I guess?
when I saw the LP from a fella on Discogs who was flogging a couple of other things I wanted I just went for it, even though I'm not really any more than mildly curious how it pans out in surround at this point tbh. I'm wrapping up the SQ & QS thing as I've now pretty much exhausted all the rock/pop/jazz/soul things that came out in those Quad matrix forms, ideally before the summer kicks in so I can do some sun worshipping and top up my crazily low Vitamin D levels (another thing to add to the list of ailments! everything's dropping off in the mid life crisis! ha.. :p )

Adam, Classic New Orleans Jazz. Saw them live when I was at Mardi Gras in New Orleans some years ago. And chock full of Vitamin D [for DELIGHTFUL]!

Hi. All

Back again with a back log of Matrix LP`s.

( AM. QS A43 -Joan Baez Come From The Shadows )-
( Project3. QS A4-1 -Enoch Light & The Light Brigade / Moog Synthesizer -Spaced Out )-
( Vanguard. QS 4R-3 -4Channel Stereo Record )-
( Clave. QS 42-300 -Alyn Airsworth The Entertainer )-
( Teichiku Rcords. SQ FX415 -V A. Screen Music World Srill & Suspence )-
( Vangard. SQ VSQ-30002 -Handel Highlights of Messiah :Factory Sealed )-
( Amphion - Modern. SQ SP7373 -Musical Vision :Factory Sealed )-
( Symphonette Society. SQ -Ladies Choice )-

Untitled_Panorama3.jpg
Untitled_Panorama4.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg
IMG_1709.jpg
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg
IMG_1713.jpg
Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

Untitled_Panorama5.jpg

The Smoker You Drink The Player You Get - Joe Walsh (QS)

Definitely one of my all time favourite Quad discs . Great mix , I think and one of the top SANSUI Quad matrix wonders .

The ABC label had some fantastic music for such a small label . Would of killed to hear any quad James Gang with Joe Walsh , but I guess I'll take what we got .:D

Hi. All

Another batch of matrix LP`s

( CBS. SQ SOCN 14XJ -The First Quadraphonic Recording Of Faure`s Requiem In The World '' Faure Requiem '' )-
( CBS. SQ 25AC 120 -Pierre Boulez Dukas La Peri )-
( Golden Crest Records. SQ CRS4122 -Harvey Phillips In Recital-Vol. III )-
( Golden Crest Records. SQ CRSQ-4147 -Harvey Phillips In Tuba )-

Untitled_Panorama10.jpg
DISC.jpg

Untitled_Panorama10.jpg
DISC.jpg

Untitled_Panorama10.jpg
DISC.jpg

Untitled_Panorama10.jpg
DISC.jpg

Not really a recent purchase but a kinda highlight disc , might even be available in a used record store (well you never know )

So who says MCA never released quad discs ? For the U.S. and Canadian market ?(Other than a handful of exclusive Japanese CD-4's that is)

And I believe this disc was from 1980 ?

Dan Hicks And His Hot Licks-Striking It Rich. (QS matrix )

20170603_211927.jpg20170603_211948.jpg20170603_212010.jpg

Back