What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that's an amazing catch Bill,(y)

Gotta let me (and everybody ) know how that "Duelling Banjos" disc in QS sounds ? I was always curious about that one. :D

Hi. fizzy

Thanks
I am a bit of a eclectic collector, I can see that for a large portion of my Quad LP`s there is going to be NO modern day Quad release and that's a BIG shame because these have the right to exist there are a part of the Quad history, I now that people have there preferences of music I was like that 30 ode years ago I would only listen to rock music but now have opened my scope to all music and it gives me pleasure and the appreciation for all music for doing so.
Yes I will get back to you with my thoughts on the "Duelling Banjos" disc in QS sounds, I all ways clean even sealed LP`s before I copy to the computer so ( I`ll be back.... )

Wow that's an amazing catch Bill,(y)

Gotta let me (and everybody ) know how that "Duelling Banjos" disc in QS sounds ? I was always curious about that one. :D

Hi. fizzy

( I`m back ) with my listening test of the "Duelling Banjos" disc in QS the lay out are the Banjos & guitars and fiddles and a lute just instrumental on the first side and it is what I hoped it would sound like, instruments playing off each other a real stomping BlueGrass sound and the second side has various artist singing with the same instruments from the first side real BlueGrass stomping sound really enjoyed this.
Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

Hi. fizzy

( I`m back ) with my listening test of the "Duelling Banjos" disc in QS the lay out are the Banjos & guitars and fiddles and a lute just instrumental on the first side and it is what I hoped it would sound like, instruments playing off each other a real stomping BlueGrass sound and the second side has various artist singing with the same instruments from the first side real BlueGrass stomping sound really enjoyed this.
View attachment 31251
Telecast Marketing had another QS album that is also quite good, "Cock-A-Doodle-Doo And Mother Goose Too", a 5-record set of children's songs in quadraphonic sound. I can't remember where I found it, but I grabbed it as soon as I did.

Two .....yes..two.......ahh, yes, back in the time when it was normal...it's unbelievable how we have gone back in "political correctness"....great cover, thanks!!!

4S (Teichiku)(Mitshubishi ?)

QX (Denon)

RM

Matrix H (BBC)

Matrix HJ (BBC/NRDC)

45J (NRDC)#

UHJ (NRDC)#

#referred to as a "kernal"" system

*discrete/matrix

both USQ and Scheiber did not have any commercial demo albums as far as I know.

if you can think of any I've missed, go 4 it.(y):D

-fizzy

PS Sorry for the 2 posts. My transmission froze up and I lost half my content.

and forgot,

MP (Dolby)

Fresh from eBay today - still sealed, where's it been for the last 40 years? Who knows?Seems a shame to open it somehow!

Attachments

• P1010072.JPG
    P1010072.JPG
    289.3 KB · Views: 257
  • P1010071.jpg
    P1010071.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 252
oh, man, that is one of my greatest thrills!!! opening a record that has been sealed for DECADES!!!!
I've had the pleasure of opening MANY!!
Santana III (with 2 hype stickers from back in the day), "Caravanserai SQ"!!!

I think the oldest one was Jim Lowe's "Wicked Women" on the "Dot label" it still had the OLD STYLE plastic cover with the "perforated" side, probably a late 50's or early 60's pressing!
R-4598117-1396020819-2128.jpeg.jpg

R-4598117-1490567571-3988.jpeg.jpg

oh, man, that is one of my greatest thrills!!! opening a record that has been sealed for DECADES!!!!
I've had the pleasure of opening MANY!!
Santana III (with 2 hype stickers from back in the day), "Caravanserai SQ"!!!

I think the oldest one was Jim Lowe's "Wicked Women" on the "Dot label" it still had the OLD STYLE plastic cover with the "perforated" side, probably a late 50's or early 60's pressing!
View attachment 31418

View attachment 31419
Same here. Opening an old lp for the first time is a little like looking for treasure. I have over 200 rock albums from the 60's and 70's still sealed. Some day I'm going to have some fun and open them.

That's an extraordinary LP Bill - QS and Dolby?! I've never seen the like before. Not sure at first how you were supposed to play it back though. There's the usual info on the back about quad but no mention of needing a Dolby decoder. However I now notice that the disc label says "Recorded with Dolby S/N Stretcher" which is a very strange term. Maybe it was simply that Dolby B had been used to improve S/N ratio during the recording process but that the disc itself wasn't actually Dolby Encoded - so something of a con really!
Great find though.
Cheers.

That's an extraordinary LP Bill - QS and Dolby?! I've never seen the like before. Not sure at first how you were supposed to play it back though. There's the usual info on the back about quad but no mention of needing a Dolby decoder. However I now notice that the disc label says "Recorded with Dolby S/N Stretcher" which is a very strange term. Maybe it was simply that Dolby B had been used to improve S/N ratio during the recording process but that the disc itself wasn't actually Dolby Encoded - so something of a con really!
Great find though.
Cheers.

Here's a little blurb regarding Dolby S/N Stretcher: https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?t=27533

Here's a little blurb regarding Dolby S/N Stretcher: https://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?t=27533

Thanks for that. Yes, a little more research reveals that 'SN Stretcher' was a trademark that Dolby applied to the early versions of Dolby A. I'm sure that lots of studios must have used it but that most record companies didn't emblazon "Dolby System" on their discs. Some marketing hype being used here that may actually have been counter-productive - I wonder how many people didn't buy such discs thinking they'd need a Dolby decoder?!

Back