What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still Crazy After All These Years - Paul Simon (SQ LP).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

In browsing the bins at the used stores, Still Crazy is very easy to mistake as a 2ch pressing. The Quad verbiage is near the bottom and tiny. A great album which I own on SQ, Q8, Columbia CD and WB CD in the Paul Simon Collection box.

"Nothing but the dead and dying in my little town..." My hometown has been in the news a lot lately and not for anything particularly good.

Three of my favourite QS discs by one of my favourite groups.

20151002_191428.jpg20151002_191454.jpg20151002_191547.jpg20151002_191727.jpg20151002_191605.jpg20151002_191640.jpg

Now of course we should all hope AUDIO FIDELITY reissues these "quad wonders".
Or at least issue the 5.1 editions Elliott Scheiner remixed.

But I would prefer they issue both editions for us ravenous fans.

Fizzywiggs41, any major dude would tell you that you have a Steely Dan habit.

Or any major dudette, or danette.

But what a fantastic addiction to have and savour!! I just hope my "dealer"(AF) scores some quality "DAN" product.
But then don't we all need a good hit of "DAN"? Oh yes indeed we do!

Three of my favourite QS discs by one of my favourite groups.

View attachment 21976View attachment 21977View attachment 21978View attachment 21979View attachment 21980View attachment 21981

Now of course we should all hope AUDIO FIDELITY reissues these "quad wonders".
Or at least issue the 5.1 editions Elliott Scheiner remixed.

But I would prefer they issue both editions for us ravenous fans.

Lovely stuff thanks fizzy :upthumb

meantime I'm still looking for Countdown and Pretzel QS LPs that are in good nick, not cut outs and not an arm and a leg... I (naively) thought these would be easier to get cheap in QS LP form but I was wrong wrong wrong! :yikes

I have had this LP for years when I first played it I did not think it was Quad
But now i have my room going again (water problems)
I pulled it out and to my surprise it is Quad in Surround

Wunderlich Klaus Hamond Pops 2 Asian copy (RM/QS)

Oh F.B.

Don't "pooh pooh" those quad cutouts .I have some and never have I been disappointed.

In the late 70's they were all to common, and I remember pasing on all 3 of the Steely Dan's -still sealed-cut outs-for approx. $5 beans a pop and this store had many copies........but I already had mine.

Oh boy do I regret not buying a few of these,.........cause now they are rarer and more rarer with each passing.And excellent trades they would have been!

fizzoutofhiswigg

Sadly, I didn't get to take advantage of too many Quad cutout bargains, since I bought nearly all my Quads at regular prices. Most of them were at or near dealer cost, though. I did get a bunch of promos, especially RCA CD-4's.

All My Quads sounds like a soap opera on a college campus.

Oh F.B.

Don't "pooh pooh" those quad cutouts .I have some and never have I been disappointed.

In the late 70's they were all to common, and I remember pasing on all 3 of the Steely Dan's -still sealed-cut outs-for approx. $5 beans a pop and this store had many copies........but I already had mine.

Oh boy do I regret not buying a few of these,.........cause now they are rarer and more rarer with each passing.And excellent trades they would have been!

fizzoutofhiswigg

I've no idea why I've such an aversion to the corners being mutilated off these Steely Dan LPs, FW..!
(and I've no right to be snooty about condition especially as the sleeves on some of the SQ records I've bought this year have been in lousy shape with ringwear and other deficiencies I'd never even look at them twice if they were stereo!) but just some bizarre mental block on these ones I guess! :eek:

I've no idea why I've such an aversion to the corners being mutilated off these Steely Dan LPs, FW..!
(and I've no right to be snooty about condition especially as the sleeves on some of the SQ records I've bought this year have been in lousy shape with ringwear and other deficiencies I'd never even look at them twice if they were stereo!) but just some bizarre mental block on these ones I guess! :eek:

I got the Steely variant covers, all as cut-outs and they all play nicely!

But I bought two copies of Roberta Flack's 'Killing Me Softly' as sealed CD-4s and they sound terrible!

I got the Steely variant covers, all as cut-outs and they all play nicely!

But I bought two copies of Roberta Flack's 'Killing Me Softly' as sealed CD-4s and they sound terrible!

How odd sealed Robertas giving you flack! :yikes
Maybe it was just a poorly pressed record and so every copy is duff? Or third time could be the charm as they say!?
I don't know anything about CD-4 but I imagine there weren't many press runs of those CD-4 discs, maybe even only one press, unless it was something big like the Doobies, Bread, Doors.. so if one Roberta CD-4 is flacked, they're all flacked..!!

How odd sealed Robertas giving you flack! :yikes
Maybe it was just a poorly pressed record and so every copy is duff? Or third time could be the charm as they say!?
I don't know anything about CD-4 but I imagine there weren't many press runs of those CD-4 discs, maybe even only one press, unless it was something big like the Doobies, Bread, Doors.. so if one Roberta CD-4 is flacked, they're all flacked..!!

The vinyl used for most Atlantic CD-4's was poor quality, so it's my guess the entire run of the Roberta Flack title are noisy and distorted. My copy was bought when it first came out, and it never sounded good. I tried to exchange it, but the store wouldn't do it.

Back