What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grover Washington Soul Box KUDU 2 lp set SQ encoded.
Glad I finally got this. Great music and supporting players and it decodes really well.

This has been reissued on cd. Does anyone know if the matrix encoding is intact? I note that CTI and its spinoff KUDU titles were single inventory only. The ease of playing a single cd as opposed to four record sides would be nice.

Bonnie Koloc Hold On To Me (QS)

The Free Design Kites Are Fun (EV I Think) Im quite glad to have found the quad free design lp

Second Rhapsody "Rhapsody In Rivets" "I Got Rhythm" Variations/Cuban Overture Plus Three Preludes (1926) & The Man I Love, Do It Again, Somebody Loves Me - Gershwin - Veri and Jamanis Pianists (SQ)

Jesus Was A Capricorn Kris Kristofferson (SQ)

download.jpg

The Isley Brothers - 3+3 - SQ LP

I need to compare this to the SACD to see if the channels are swapped.

Enoch Light 4 Channel Stereo PR-D700 (EV-4 I believe) This is the "4 channel stereo" LP with the different color 4s and different track list that you never see. I find it odd because it was also pressed on a much more lightweight vinyl than its twin.

Enoch Light 4 Channel Dynamite (QS? EV?)

4 Channel Dynamite was QS; also available in CD-4. I have both.

Stokowski Spectacular The National Philharmonic Orchestra (QS)

A Pye disc

pyestrkowski.jpg

Thumbing through the Quad's at the LRS, I spotted a new Poco one "Cantamos" and for $5 could not resist. I only have two of the SQ albums though they released several more if I recall, the DTS mixed disc is also excellent. John

I already had one but could not turn down a promo copy for $1

ForumRunner_20140831_203056.jpg

ForumRunner_20140831_203110.jpg

isaac hayes at saraha tahoe.jpg
Not "concert" format. Instruments are surrounding you, not just in front.

I have just played

Frank Sinatra

Some Nice Things I Missed

This Lp is from Argentina and is in QS Matrix

I had heard about this Lp many years ago
But There has been many Lps that have played through the QS system
And people have thought that they were Quad
But this is
Why ?
I don’t know but the older you get the more you don’t know

Matrix decoders, and especially QS decoders, are able to use the out-of-phase information present in stereo recordings to create a surround effect. The matrix systems use some sort of phase-shifting to direct sounds to specific speakers. Records encoded for quad using a matrix system use this technique in measured amounts to direct those sounds accordingly. The effect from stereo records played through matrix decoders is essentially random, not planned for, as it is in quad LP's. But it can still create a believable soundfield. I may have oversimplified it here, but I hope it helps.

I wasn't aware any Frank Sinatra albums were ever released in any format other than CD-4. Could you post a pic of the album cover, and also the label of the record? I'd like to see it.

Matrix decoders, and especially QS decoders, are able to use the out-of-phase information present in stereo recordings to create a surround effect. The matrix systems use some sort of phase-shifting to direct sounds to specific speakers. Records encoded for quad using a matrix system use this technique in measured amounts to direct those sounds accordingly. The effect from stereo records played through matrix decoders is essentially random, not planned for, as it is in quad LP's. But it can still create a believable soundfield. I may have oversimplified it here, but I hope it helps.

I wasn't aware any Frank Sinatra albums were ever released in any format other than CD-4. Could you post a pic of the album cover, and also the label of the record? I'd like to see it.

The cover is the Same as the CD4 release but no Quadradisc Logo
And called
Frank Sinatra Algunas Cosas Lindas Que habia Perdido ?

Quadro Compatable

The other thing I'm thinking is it may be a bootleg. All the more reason I'd like to see a pic of the album cover (both sides) and the label of the record. I can't think of any authorized quad pressings in anything but CD-4.

Back