What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a little more tweaking the- cart alignment, anti skate, but tell us your findings..

Thanks Mike, that's great info, I do appreciate it.

on a related tangent(ial) I've just run track 2 of my trusty old test LP (Shure Audio Obstacle Course Era III) a few times and initially finding my Right channel running 0.5db hotter than the Left channel so there is a little bit of crosstalk in the channel balancing tests.. I've no idea whats causing that in the chain, whether its the cart alignment, anti skate, tonearm leads, phono preamp, MOTU interface, etc.. but i will have a further play around after I've swapped the phono cables around (I'm thinking if the imbalance swaps and Left becomes 0.5db louder than the Right then its something beyond the turntable and its leads and could be the preamp or the audio interface to the computer I guess.. I may never be able to fully balance L&R 100% but before I do another SQ or QS decode I'm going to have a bloody good try..! :D

Half a dB could easily be coming from the cartridge.

Thanks Mike, that's great info, I do appreciate it.

on a related tangent(ial) I've just run track 2 of my trusty old test LP (Shure Audio Obstacle Course Era III) a few times and initially finding my Right channel running 0.5db hotter than the Left channel so there is a little bit of crosstalk in the channel balancing tests.. I've no idea whats causing that in the chain, whether its the cart alignment, anti skate, tonearm leads, phono preamp, MOTU interface, etc.. but i will have a further play around after I've swapped the phono cables around (I'm thinking if the imbalance swaps and Left becomes 0.5db louder than the Right then its something beyond the turntable and its leads and could be the preamp or the audio interface to the computer I guess.. I may never be able to fully balance L&R 100% but before I do another SQ or QS decode I'm going to have a bloody good try..! :D

I suspect so, but I don't know. There appears to be a slight imbalance on my cart as well, and my transfers/decodes have been done uncorrected IIRC, but have come out pretty well. I've got the Streetlife Serenade SQ and the SACD, and the SACD is clearly better and better seperated, but it also showed the script/set up did a decent job. I don't have a test disc to be able to tell what the precise imbalance the cart has.

The Quad Rockers (??)

This is unmarked as Quad and only mentions Stereo on the sleeve.. however Fizzy posted a pic the other day with a scan of a review of an SQ unit (I think it was a Tate or something along those lines? I can't find Fizzy's post with it now.. mildly annoyingly :eek: ) anyway.. one of the records they mentioned testing out on the SQ decoder was an import called Quad Rocker.. well I tracked down a copy of this from France and blow me down but it is very Quaddy thru the SQ Surround Master (if this in the wrong thread I apologise.. didn't know where else to put it :eek: )

The Quad Rockers (??)

This is unmarked as Quad and only mentions Stereo on the sleeve.. however Fizzy posted a pic the other day with a scan of a review of an SQ unit (I think it was a Tate or something along those lines? I can't find Fizzy's post with it now.. mildly annoyingly :eek: ) anyway.. one of the records they mentioned testing out on the SQ decoder was an import called Quad Rocker.. well I tracked down a copy of this from France and blow me down but it is very Quaddy thru the SQ Surround Master (if this in the wrong thread I apologise.. didn't know where else to put it :eek: )

Maybe or maybe not. Hard to say Freddie-Mc Ready-Always-Steady.

If it sounds surround,well good then.(y):sun

There was a disc in 74 or 75 by Mark Farner (I think) from Grand Funk Railroad, and although it would seem to be a quad disc, as per it's strange label, it was only stereo . The disc was on the" Quadrico "label and released at the height of quad titles, so it may be it was a marketing ploy or whatever.

Not stating your disc is or isn't Quad. Just wanted to point this out.:rolleyes:(y)
The likelyhood your disc is quad is there alright.

Oh and the pics s/b in MULTI CHANNEL via BBQ 'S NOSTALGIA thread.

ol fizz-bottom

The Quad Rockers (??)

With Bobby Orr on drums, you can't go wrong. :D

Hi. All
Another matrix LP

( Vanguard. QS 4R 500 1-2 -Berlioz Requiem 2-LP Set )-

IMG_1284.jpg
IMG_1285.jpg
IMG_1286.jpg
IMG_1287.jpg

SQ emblem turned on it's side. Never saw that on an A&M disc.

That just may be a collector's exclusive.:D

The stickers were so that when they switched over to all CD-4 they would not have to press all new album jackets.

Alas, that plan never came to fruition....(Along with many great plans for quad that went right down the shitter when the labels all decided to pull the quad plug)

@BBQ,

I used to have that Sony/Epic. Beck, Bogert, Appice disc.

That's when I first noticed that SONY JAPAN indicated on the lp cover's spine, a little "SQ" emblem !? Kinda cool I thought. An additional quad indicator for their discs.:D

Back