What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More from above..

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg
IMG_1411.jpg

When you play Black Sugar
My copy LP and CD seems to have QS on 1 side only
The other is stereo
Would you let me know
Ron

Hi. Ron
I`ll try and listen as soon as possible when I get a load of LP`s I clean them first and then listen to them weather there new or used LP`s and I have little back log to do at the moment, but I`ll get back to you,,
Bill...

The other is stereo
Would you let me know
Ron

Hi. Ron
I`ll try and listen as soon as possible when I get a load of LP`s I clean them first and then listen to them weather there new or used LP`s and I have little back log to do at the moment, but I`ll get back to you,,
Bill...

Hi Bill, do you happen to have the original pressing of that Black Sugar QS also, as I notice the one you've just added to your pile is a repressing?
Been eyeing that one up but won't bother shelling out for an original if the repress you've just bought is the same. Thanks for all the fabbo pics and posts throughout the year, Happy New Year mate :upthumb

Both BBQ and Fredums continue to amaze this olde collector with your pics, whether they be CD-4 or one of the many matrices.

You two Quad Super Collectors continue to impress these sites with such valuable pics and info . Absolutely incredible I think anyway.

I was thinking (and that's trouble):confused:, that one day a site with all your discs should be established of course with all pics.
Well just a thought, anyway.

Here's hoping your NEW YEAR ,2017 (got that right this time) will continue to supply both you two more and greater numbers of INCREDIBLE QUADS !! :party:upthumb

Happy New Year all.

-fizzy

20161223_203924.jpg

(Fezzywiggs is the one on the left)

Both BBQ and Fredums continue to amaze this olde collector with your pics, whether they be CD-4 or one of the many matrices.

You two Quad Super Collectors continue to impress these sites with such valuable pics and info . Absolutely incredible I think anyway.

I was thinking (and that's trouble):confused:, that one day a site with all your discs should be established of course with all pics.
Well just a thought, anyway.

Here's hoping your NEW YEAR ,2017 (got that right this time) will continue to supply both you two more and greater numbers of INCREDIBLE QUADS !! :party:upthumb

Happy New Year all.

-fizzy

View attachment 28215

(Fezzywiggs is the one on the left)

thanks FW! Fizzy New Year to you, my good fellow (and inspiration)! :)

fwiw I'm gonna try redoing some of the more interesting/unusual Quad LP pics as scans when I get to grips with the A3 scanner (I'm not sure if an entire 12" sleeve fits in it at once but I'll give it a go in the NY)

a most fetching fizzywigg pic! i say! :D

thanks FW! Fizzy New Year to you, my good fellow (and inspiration)! :)

fwiw I'm gonna try redoing some of the more interesting/unusual Quad LP pics as scans when I get to grips with the A3 scanner (I'm not sure if an entire 12" sleeve fits in it at once but I'll give it a go in the NY)

a most fetching fizzywigg pic! i say! :D

Okie, dokie, pokie

And just to add to my forecasting accreditations, I do think "QQ" should award or establish an award for both you and BBQ .Something in the line of a quad emblem gold award collectors symbol should suffice. :smokin

-fizzywoowoo (and I haven't even had my first celebratory drink yet !!) :yikes

Hi. fizzy

Happy New Year Fizzy & Fredy and of course All QQ Members.

Fizzy your to kind to this old Quad......... '''fanatic'''...........I do like to try and get as much odd ball tittles in Quad as possible.
As you now these want last for ever and the younger followers of Quad music will have photos & info to refer to.
And Fredy I think with your A3 scanner your not going to get a full LP I have tried with a friends & you not quite get a the full LP it depends how fussy you are, you will have to take 2 images top and bottom of the LP and stich them together in a art program.
Have fun All, for this new year Bill...

Last edited:
Hi. Ron

I have finished cleaning the batch of LP`s and when I opened to clean the Black Sugar II- Sealed LP I was very annoyed it is supposed to be a virgin LP
there was a bad scuff across the A side of the LP, I put this down to bad handling in the stamping stage bad quality standards....(n).....

I record on to the computer all my New matrix LP`s I had to de-click side A it came out not to bad after all that I listened to it through the SM and my Sansui QRX80001 side A had defined instruments in the back channels to the front but side B was very passive and I thing the SM synth kicked in, so I came to your conclusion side B is Stereo only.. bummer .......:yikes
Over all I like this style of music.

The other is stereo
Would you let me know
Ron

Last edited:
Hi. All
Some more matrix LP`s

( Sanyo.? =QS NA215 -Otto GP Series Quadsonic Stereo Test LP )-
( Doric Rcordings. QS DO(Q) 1501 -George Blackmore Live at The Robert Mortin Theatre Organ )-
( CBS. SQ SOCO 82 -Boulez Con. Ravel Vol. 3 )-
( Evolution. EV=QS 16501 -Music Sampler :Factory Sealed )-

IMG_1432.jpg
IMG_1433.jpg
IMG_1434.jpg
IMG_1436.jpg
IMG_1437.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg
IMG_1439.jpg
IMG_1440.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. All

More matrix LP`s came today.

( Vanguard. SQ VSQ-40032 - Joan Baez-Hits/Greatest & Others )-
( Sanyo QS NAS230 -OTTO Quadsonic Stereo Record 4Channel )-
( Columbia. SQ :SQ30563 -No No Nanette The New 1925 Musical )-
( EMI. SQ 1C[ 063-12 913 ]Q -Johnnes Brahms )-

IMG_1473.jpg
IMG_1474.jpg
pic1.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg
IMG_1470.jpg
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg
IMG_1482.jpg
pic3.jpg

Last edited:
BBQ,

Wow ! Those Sanyo quads are weird, really weird looking, OTTO Quad ? Thanks 4 that.

Also,
What's the Joan Baez Greatest Hits Quad disc like ? Never had it and was too late to purchase it back in the day from when I finally decided to try and obtain it. . Just curious ? :)

BBQ,

Wow ! Those Sanyo quads are weird, really weird looking, OTTO Quad ? Thanks 4 that.

Also,
What's the Joan Baez Greatest Hits Quad disc like ? Never had it and was too late to purchase it back in the day from when I finally decided to try and obtain it. . Just curious ? :)

Hi. fizzy

I`ll get back to you on this one, a old work mate has just invited me to go on his yacht for 4 or 5 days,
so see ya.....

Back