What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Today's Sounds" by the Mighty 101 Strings in QS! I may have paid only $2 plus shipping for this gigantic piece of vinyl cheese but it is worth it....where else can you get groovy tunes like "Karma Sitar" and "Blues For The Guru"? I think the Strings were best known for adding instrumentation 3 years after it had gone out of fashion on pop records.....hence this has the Danelectro Zitar and Vox Continental organ throughout the mix. Mixwise, perhaps more of double stereo but what a hoot.

"Today's Sounds" by the Mighty 101 Strings in QS! I may have paid only $2 plus shipping for this gigantic piece of vinyl cheese but it is worth it....where else can you get groovy tunes like "Karma Sitar" and "Blues For The Guru"? I think the Strings were best known for adding instrumentation 3 years after it had gone out of fashion on pop records.....hence this has the Danelectro Zitar and Vox Continental organ throughout the mix. Mixwise, perhaps more of double stereo but what a hoot.

How is the quad mix? Most of the 101 Strings quads sounded pretty good.

I've only given it a single listen so I wouldn't want to heavily endorse or criticize the quadiness and my QS equipment is highly limited.... but the backs are very active, the first song "Ode to Billy Joe" if I recall, actually had lead guitar from both fronts and right rear?? Unusual approach I'd think. Overall I was expecting much less of this recording, so I'll be on the lookout for other 101 Strings for which I don't mind the music being covered. I was actually familar with Karma Sitar as it was an extra on the reissue CD of "101 Strings in Outer Space" from around 1997, on which they had discovered....get ready for it....the Phaser and wah pedal for the guitar. John

Just looking through some records at a junk store the other day (typical worthless records you see everywhere) except in the stack was a Blood Sweat and Tears SQ Quad of "New City" with the shrinkwrap still intact! The record is very clean and has some real nice quad effects in it too. Its always exciting finding a Quad that you dont have!

Sampler, Test and Demo Records:

View attachment 11314

Pye 4D Quadraphonic Sampler - (QS)
Project 3 - Popular Science Test Record - (SQ)
Supersonic Quadraphonic Sound Spectacular - Quadraphonic Demonstration Record - (QS?)

Very interesting! I believe Supersonic Quadraphonic Sound Spectacular - Quadraphonic Demonstration Record is EV. It has a similar cover to "EVOLUTION-4-Channel Music Sampler. 16501 (EV)" Which I have. But I wonder if it has different songs. Please post a track listing! I just looked on the discography and it is listed as "Supersonic Quadraphonic Sound Spectacular
Interfusion LQ 34,950, QMX42485 (Format? LP) [Australia]" If this is an Evolution disc, I would say its safe to say it's EV-4

Very interesting! I believe Supersonic Quadraphonic Sound Spectacular - Quadraphonic Demonstration Record is EV. It has a similar cover to "EVOLUTION-4-Channel Music Sampler. 16501 (EV)" Which I have. But I wonder if it has different songs. Please post a track listing! I just looked on the discography and it is listed as "Supersonic Quadraphonic Sound Spectacular
Interfusion LQ 34,950, QMX42485 (Format? LP) [Australia]" If this is an Evolution disc, I would say its safe to say it's EV-4

Check this post out:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ck-listings-here&p=65209&viewfull=1#post65209

Rustyandi says its EV-4...

FYI - It plays well via the surround master (y)

Here are some more pikkies:
IMG_0850 (600 x 450).jpg
IMG_0851 (600 x 450).jpg

rustyandi said:
there is a 2nd Volume of this LP

I would love to find one of the ones with One Fine Morning in EV

Pure Music - Chase (Blu-Spec CD).

The OBI has some reference to "SQ" with the "SQ" logo and all.. and I recall QQ Linda saying this particular disc is SQ-encoded? :eek:

thinking on.. pretty sure I read somewhere every CD of the album is SQ, so maybe nothing special? still for £6.99 I'm not grumbling! It's my first Blu-Spec CD! Woo!

Pure Music - Chase (Blu-Spec CD).

The OBI has some reference to "SQ" with the "SQ" logo and all.. and I recall QQ Linda saying this particular disc is SQ-encoded? :eek:

thinking on.. pretty sure I read somewhere every CD of the album is SQ, so maybe nothing special? still for £6.99 I'm not grumbling! It's my first Blu-Spec CD! Woo!

I think every version of the self-titled Chase album on CD is from the SQ encoded master, because the stereo master is "missing".

Back