What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As mentioned in another thread, when I was a grade schooler, my family spent a lot of time (and $ I assume) at the Northeast Philly Korvettes. We lived only a few blocks away. I remember buying records there as a kid too.

Those pics....distant memories!

SQ Blue Oyster Cult/Tyranny and Mutation

Wo hoo, I literally just had a copy of that delivered yesterday too. Not from ebay though. It was a freebee thrown in on an purchase I made from a gracious QQ member. It was freebee cause it has a slight heat damage or bad pressing spot. That is an album that is so consistantly loud that you don't hear the defect much except in the lead in and lead out grooves anyway. lol

As for the other Matrix records delivered:

Switched-On Bach Walter Carlos (SQ)

UK copy of Tubular Bells Mike Oldfield (SQ)

Joy Isaac Hayes (SQ)

Ooo, lot's of coincidences today.

How is the quad mix on Joy?

There are better Isaac Hayes albums that they could have given the quad treatment. I think that album was kind of a dud sales-wise. I still want to get my hands on the Quad Shaft Soundtrack

Shaft is good musically. The wah-wah guitar moves around. The hi-hat is way too bright, at least on the SQ.

A bad mutha (shut your mouth.)

There are better Isaac Hayes albums that they could have given the quad treatment. I think that album was kind of a dud sales-wise. I still want to get my hands on the Quad Shaft Soundtrack

It seems like for some Soul and R&B albums, such as the Shaft soundtrack, the Q8 seems to come up a lot more than the LP.

That may be due to the Quadrasonics in all those Lincolns :smokin

Off ebay last nite...snagged an SQ vinyl of Stomu Yamashta/Red Buddah, but got outbid on a Weather Report/Tale Spinnin SQ.

Bonnie Koloc - QS LP (My first Quad record!)
A0067681.jpg

Holst: The Planets (SQ) (This one was only 99 cents and is a kinda wonky warped pressing, one side plays well)

Chase (SQ)

Mahavishnu Orchestra Birds Of Fire (SQ)

Beck Bogert Appice (SQ) (I got two copies of this)

Had a bit of a SQ quad bonanza today. Decided I would patiently look through every record bin at a local antique/collectibles mall. Found 17 SQ lp's. A lot of samplers, a couple classical, a soundtrack and a pop title.

Bach's Greatest Hits - Ormandy Philadelphia Orchestra
Strauss' Greatest Hits _ Ormandy Philadelphia Orchestra
Janis Ian Between the Lines
Percy Faith Clair
Realistic The Full Sound of Quadraphonic Sound - (2 copies) Chase, Santana, Streisand, Johnny Mathis, Bloomfield, Kooper & Stills, Miles Davis, Ten Yrs After, Percy Faith, Lynn Anderson, Sly
An Introduction to the World of SQ Quadraphonic Sound
The Spectacular Sound of 4 Channel Stereo
Pye Quadraphonic Sampler
Magnavox Presents a Sound Experience
Monster Concert 10 Pianos 16 Pianists
Vanguard Quad Demo Album
Golden Crest A Quad Sound Spectacular
Enoch Light 4 Channel Stereo
Songs of the Seventies
A Chorus Line
Thijs Van Leer Introspection 2

Who knows how many I missed. I have found that some of the quad albums are not labeled very clearly. Plus, it can be even more difficult to catch them when some label the records 4 Channel "Stereo." The Thijs Van Leer has no mention of quad on the front of the cover. There is no mention of quad on the record label. It is only in very small print on the back bottom corner where there is a SQ logo and mention of it being a quad recording. I like the Columbia titles because they are easy to spot with the wide gold border on the cover.

Back