What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the way to me is OJays Ships Ahoy SQ album thanks to the great EB. I know I will never find the sacd unless AF rereleases it.

Among those Sansui releases are several Sun Ra reissues that Ed Michel mixed into quad. He even remixed an additional title that only appeared on Sun Ra 's Saturn label after the licensing deal with ABC records expired.

Argent "In Deep" SQ LP, an Epic SQ Quad LP EQ 32195 in a UK printed gatefold stereo LP cover EPC 65475. The album with "God Gave Rock And Roll To You" on it.

Chicago V and Chicago III in SQ

20151128_201921.jpg

The Silver Tongued Devil And I - Kris Kristofferson (SQ LP).

(Once proudly belonged to "William", as you can see they thoughtfully scrawled their name all over the cover - and chucked a tea bag at it at one point too by the looks of it.. :eek: ..hands off Willy it's my 12-incher now..)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On the way to me is OJays Ships Ahoy SQ album thanks to the great EB. I know I will never find the sacd unless AF rereleases it.

Among those Sansui releases are several Sun Ra reissues that Ed Michel mixed into quad. He even remixed an additional title that only appeared on Sun Ra 's Saturn label after the licensing deal with ABC records expired.

Ship Ahoy decodes very well through the Surround Master SQ Vinyl modded unit :upthumb

"Put Your Hands Together...." :wave

AZTECA (SQ LP)
2nd copy - fingers crossed its an improvement on the last one, which had a pressing defect that locked the stylus in the groove on Side 1/Track 3..)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Conquistador - Maynard Ferguson (SQ LP).

Another 2nd copy, as Side 1/Track 1 on my original copy (Rocky Theme) suffers some distortion.. this copy is in the most stunning condition, looks unplayed.. still distorts a bit on that track, so it's either something up with my rig or just the LPs were mastered hot on that particular track or badly pressed, I dunno!? Great album and the Quad mix does some fun round the room things on tracks like Star Trek and The Fly.. FUNKY FUSION! :banana:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Chinatown ft. The Entertainer - Percy Faith (SQ LP).

Worth it just for "Tubular Bells". If you listen closely, you can hear what appear to be "Exorcist" sounds...or what we'd now call "samples".

I was pleasantly surprised at how odd some of the arrangements are...it's definitely not 1950s elevator music.

Back