What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Body Heat - SQ pix...

5FC86A99-59A7-41BF-A9F5-335DB7AA9E39_zpscsoc84ah.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

0FC20827-8B5B-4C14-A9B5-3DACE6DB7853_zpsionnxykd.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

F5B58FE7-DBA4-46A0-8530-F80664B6860D_zpsee1wjdjr.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

Something in "Holophonics"

The first Floyd disc to use "Holophonics", mostly for the effects, was The Wall .

20151216_202438.jpg20151216_202445.jpg20151216_202516.jpg

and besides that EP , a little SQ from FIRESIGN THEATRE, excellent quad mix btw.

20160101_165012.jpg20160101_165022.jpg20160101_165051.jpg

Holy Holophonics FizzyMan..!!! :yikes

What's that Firesign Theatre SQ like? Never even knew that one existed.. the Bozos on the Bus SQ LP is on my shopping list but a toughy to find over here.. :eek:

Holy Holophonics FizzyMan..!!! :yikes

What's that Firesign Theatre SQ like? Never even knew that one existed.. the Bozos on the Bus SQ LP is on my shopping list but a toughy to find over here.. :eek:

That FIRESIGN THEATRE disc is "Superb" in SQ quad !!

Well worth obtaining. Although Bozos was quite common in my part of the (SQ MATRIX) globe, I have not seen any used copies for quite some time, but I'll keep a 3rd eye open for it for u, FREDEMS.

But if you get a chance for aquiring "Everthing You Know Is Wrong"(SQ), don't hesitate by any means.A much better comedy disc and excellent quad mix.

---Reebus Caneebus jumps across the biggest hole in this stinkin desert!!!!:rolleyes:

That FIRESIGN THEATRE disc is "Superb" in SQ quad !!

Well worth obtaining. Although Bozos was quite common in my part of the (SQ MATRIX) globe, I have not seen any used copies for quite some time, but I'll keep a 3rd eye open for it for u, FREDEMS.

But if you get a chance for aquiring "Everthing You Know Is Wrong"(SQ), don't hesitate by any means.A much better comedy disc and excellent quad mix.

---Reebus Caneebus jumps across the biggest hole in this stinkin desert!!!!:rolleyes:

Well fizzy I can't find a single copy of that Everything You Know SQ anywhere online right now and that is unusual.. ordinarily I can find at least one copy even if it's expensive but wow.. that must be a rare one! :yikes

Well fizzy I can't find a single copy of that Everything You Know SQ anywhere online right now and that is unusual.. ordinarily I can find at least one copy even if it's expensive but wow.. that must be a rare one! :yikes

I think it's because "Bozos" SQ was one of the very first CBS/COLUMBIA Quads issued, and pressed in multiple Countries for the initial Quad SQ launch by the label.So you can bet it was made in large numbers.

But by 75, CBS/COLUMBIA slowed down their quad pressing numbers.My copy of "Everything" is a U.S. pressing and I don't know if they pressed it in any other Country for wide distribution, unlike some of the other very popular titles, such as Chicago, Jeff Beck, Santana, Paul Simon, etc.-the bigger sellers.

Don Barnett My Maria

Ovation latter QS identified as Vector 4. This was at a time in the later half of the 70's, when the "word or indication" of all things QUADRAPHONIC or QUAD...

---became a "dirty" word, by the largesse/gluttony of the record industry. And most quad labels started cutting back or started eliminating anything quadraphonic.

20160109_193308.jpg20160109_193315.jpg20160109_193343.jpg20160109_193509.jpg

Sorry for that very shitty, blurry copy of the Ovation Vector 4 disc. I was holding it up to the light for close-up view, and with the other hand, snapping the picture."JitteryJoe".

anyway how about a pic of Project 3's only pop/rock/folk group---THE FREE DESIGN-KITES ARE FUN (EV-4)

Came across a cd of this release, never bought it, but SURE did wonder if it contained the quad matrix ?? Anyone know ?? Please chime in-and thanks.

20160109_193531.jpg20160109_193538.jpg20160109_193620.jpg

I ask only because Project 3 did also release stereo discs, even though they were the biggest "all formats in quad" backers.

Ohhh I LOOOVE "Kites are Fun"
it's a quite good mix and the best way to hear this is a reel version...seek and ye shall find!

Well, I agree of course.Q4 would have been a serious consideration back in the day.

---But, no local vendors at the time carried Q4 titles, and by the time "Sound Concepts" started to obtain some in 75, I noticed they were becoming deleted and futher titles stopped, so there was no way I was about to jump into the format.
But I do have some regret, it being a superior quad format and all.

OH..!! :yikes ..and now Quincy has reappeared in an earlier post..! bleedin 'ell.. anyway, I'll do more pix of new/old SQ stuff tomorrow (unless I posted them already and can't find it again or something.. haha.. :eek: )

OH..!! :yikes ..and now Quincy has reappeared in an earlier post..! bleedin 'ell.. anyway, I'll do more pix of new/old SQ stuff tomorrow (unless I posted them already and can't find it again or something.. haha.. :eek: )

Not to fret fredo,

I have no idea I may be posting duplicates, as I am becoming lazy and not rechecking prior posts.Should though, there is so many interesting items and post info in the priors!!
I spent a couple days one week last year going through prior posts in QQ and all I can say is EFFING WOW there are some amazing posts of pics and info!!!!!
Well worth the time, recommended to any member.

Ooh I love that one (my favourite Paul Simon Quad, I think..) the mix is great and the sound is lovely and the music, well speaks for itself! :eek:

Is the white/red ring around the gold label the only thing that distinguishes it as a Canadian SQ LP release on CBS/Columbia, Fizzy?

Were the Canadian discs pressed and the sleeves printed and all manufactured completely in Canada do you know?

Ooh I love that one (my favourite Paul Simon Quad, I think..) the mix is great and the sound is lovely and the music, well speaks for itself! :eek:

Is the white/red ring around the gold label the only thing that distinguishes it as a Canadian SQ LP release on CBS/Columbia, Fizzy?

Were the Canadian discs pressed and the sleeves printed and all manufactured completely in Canada do you know?

Yes.

Columbia Records Canada, had their own pressing plant and issued/pressed quad discs just as in the U.S.A.

They had no gold label as in the U.S. just what you see as the white, red grey label and later SQ discs with red letter and grey, but discontinued pressing SQ dual inventory in late 75 early 76, and started to carry imports (American) after that.
Two of the last SQ quads pressed I know of were PINK FLOYD-WISH YOU WERE HERE and JEFF BECK-BLOW BY BLOW.

Yes the jackets were printed in Canada.

Back