What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes.

Columbia Records Canada, had their own pressing plant and issued/pressed quad discs just as in the U.S.A.

They had no gold label as in the U.S. just what you see as the white, red grey label and later SQ discs with red letter and grey, but discontinued pressing SQ dual inventory in late 75 early 76, and started to carry imports (American) after that.
Two of the last SQ quads pressed I know of were PINK FLOYD-WISH YOU WERE HERE and JEFF BECK-BLOW BY BLOW.

Yes the jackets were printed in Canada.

Thank you my fizzy friend, you are a mine of information and a multichannel mensch :upthumb

Hi. All
Been away for about 3 weeks, so there is a small back load of LP`s

( Senshukai. QS 7" PLS 8004 Len Chandler )-
( CBS. SQ M 34510 Thijs Van Leer Introspection 2 )-
( CBS. SQ SOCP6 Bernstein Le Sacre Du Printemps )-
( EMI. SQ EAC-80340 Cristina Ortiz Music For Children )-
( Crown. RM GW-7039Q Strings 69 Cinema Them Music )-
( Crown. RM GW-5354Q Japan Air Self Defence Force Band )-
( Columbia. QX Q (C)-9008-N Joy of Music & Concrete )-
( Decca. QS 7153 Jean Costa )-
( ABC. QS DQ.9004 Enoch Light Percusion Persuasiva)-
The last 2 pics are in the wrong place cant seem to delete them

qs.jpg
CBS FRONT.jpg
v l front.jpg
v l back.jpg
van leer disc.jpg

Attachments

• EMI FRONT.jpg
    EMI FRONT.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 151
  • front crown 4.jpg
    front crown 4.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 150
  • mid 1.jpg
    mid 1.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 146
  • mid 2.jpg
    mid 2.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 150
Music from "The Valachi Paper's" on Crown---in RM, that's cool, BBQ !!

They also did a number of Jazz/Blues artists, BBQ. You don't have any of them, do you ??

-fizzum

Hi. fizzum
The only other Crown RM LP`s , I have are..

GW-7052Q Last Tango in Paris
GW-7035Q Screen Music Ever-Green
GW-7038Q This is Your String World

Music from "The Valachi Paper's" on Crown---in RM, that's cool, BBQ !!

They also did a number of Jazz/Blues artists, BBQ. You don't have any of them, do you ??

-fizzum

FABLISS FIZZY!!!! FANKYOO!!

Is your Canadian SQ of Rick D/All-American Boy not in a gatefold like the U.S issue SQ LP? :yikes
WOT NO centrefold!? :D

Yes it is, but it's just a length-wise pic of Rick Derringer, no liner notes on it, resembles a poster for the most part.
-and of course so is the CTA disc, interesting I never noticed it before but it states "1" on the spine !

SQ TEST AND DEMO DISC from Supraphon

They were the "Johnny come lately" disc label from the Czech Republic that started to issue SQ QUAD Classical titles sometime in 76/77, but continued issuing quad discs into the early 80'S.

20160112_191344.jpg20160112_191353.jpg20160112_191551.jpg20160112_191649.jpg

SQ TEST AND DEMO DISC from Supraphon

They were the "Johnny come lately" disc label from the Czech Republic that started to issue SQ QUAD Classical titles sometime in 76/77, but continued issuing quad discs into the early 80'S.

View attachment 24829View attachment 24830View attachment 24831View attachment 24832

What are the surround mixes like on these Supraphon LPs, please FW, ambient or discrete and active?
Only I can get a number of these very cheaply and well, you know, any excuse to shop til we drop! :eek:

What are the surround mixes like on these Supraphon LPs, please FW, ambient or discrete and active?
Only I can get a number of these very cheaply and well, you know, any excuse to shop til we drop! :eek:

Both ambient + and some even better from what I've read.Only have 3 titles, though.

They were also single inventory releases and many should be SQ intact on all of the many cd's they also issued.

-fizzy-being-dizzy

Both ambient + and some even better from what I've read.Only have 3 titles, though.

They were also single inventory releases and many should be SQ intact on all of the many cd's they also issued.

-fizzy-being-dizzy

Great stuff thanks dizzy fizzy! :D

I have at least one of the Supraphon SACDs from Japan but I don't recall playing it (I probably have but.. there you go..) I'll dig it out at some point.. and probably pick up a few of the cheaper SQ's as and when I see them (which is a lot out and about, they're among the most common Quad LPs I've found in record shops here.)

-fizzy-being-dizzy

Sorry for misinformation, on the Supraphon Quads.

The majority are single inventory quads, but not all their quads were single inventory, some were dual inventory stereo and quad versions.As Gabriel Kover once told me many years back (he lived in Czechoslovakia), the first "two" #'s of the disc dictated either Single in. Or dual in. Quad lps.

Now I'm testing my cobwebbed memory but I think 24. was single whereas 42 was two format discs.

Sorry for misleading,

fizzy-so very dizzy

A great SQ quad disc with excellent music and "the art of the album cover" made even better in quad. CTI had some of the most beautiful album covers of the time.

Deodato-Prelude

20160116_194254.jpg20160116_194237.jpg20160116_194433.jpg20160116_194433.jpg20160116_194443.jpg

Back