What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SQ quad from the budget label "PICKWICK"

Originally a Supraphon quad release from '76.

20160129_201230.jpg20160129_201236.jpg20160129_201250.jpg20160129_201312.jpg20160129_201321.jpg

Madeline Kahn (RIP)????
as in Lily Von Shtupp from Blazing Saddles????
WOW!!!!!

Oh Kap I've absolutely no idea.. I presume so!!!? :eek:
I recognise The Impossible Dream (Jack Jones did this one as a Pop song and he did the musical at one point too, so I'm vaguely familiar with it) I'd heard this was a tough one to find in Quad so when a new/sealed SQ LP popped up for a fiver I leapt on it.. hoping to Surround Master-ize it next week.

Oh Kap I've absolutely no idea.. I presume so!!!? :eek:
I recognise The Impossible Dream (Jack Jones did this one as a Pop song and he did the musical at one point too, so I'm vaguely familiar with it) I'd heard this was a tough one to find in Quad so when a new/sealed SQ LP popped up for a fiver I leapt on it.. hoping to Surround Master-ize it next week.

well, you are missing out on a REAL CLASSIC; watch this ASAP.. in real life she was a TRAINED Opera singer and in Blazing Saddles she plays a singer who can't sing...she was also on Young Frankenstein (Mel Brooks loved her!,...."Taffetta, darling taffetta!!!")....she died sadly in her 60s of ovarian cancer...

well, you are missing out on a REAL CLASSIC; watch this ASAP.. in real life she was a TRAINED Opera singer and in Blazing Saddles she plays a singer who can't sing...she was also on Young Frankenstein (Mel Brooks loved her!,...."Taffetta, darling taffetta!!!")....she died sadly in her 60s of ovarian cancer...

Oh I've seen Blazing Saddles (and Young Frankenstein! Mel Brooks is a genius!) I just don't know anything about the late Ms. Kahn :eek:

Yes, it is that Madeline Kahn. I saw her live on Broadway in the late 70's.

I like to think I have a decent QS collection, but I draw the line at harp music! ;)

Haha.. well not making excuses for musical proclivities because I love music in all its forms... ;) ..and not wanting to make a big deal about it but if I told you how and why some of this stuff is on the pile (I need to ask the other person's permission first before revealing their identity but you guys here all know who it is :eek: ) is because they are buying these discs and very kindly sending them or having them sent on to me to decode and then they get a "splendid" Surround Master-ized version in return which I am more than happy to do btw if any other QQ-ers would similarly like to either send me their own SQ/QS-encoded vinyl transfers or old LPs, saves me a small fortune (which I already spend on this stuff, as it is! :D ) and is a lot of fun hearing the results of the little Involve decoder, its quite the bees' knees imho :)

Haha.. well not making excuses for musical proclivities because I love music in all its forms... ;) ..and not wanting to make a big deal about it but if I told you how and why some of this stuff is on the pile (I need to ask the other person's permission first before revealing their identity but you guys here all know who it is :eek: ) is because they are buying these discs and very kindly sending them or having them sent on to me to decode and then they get a "splendid" Surround Master-ized version in return which I am more than happy to do btw if any other QQ-ers would similarly like to either send me their own SQ/QS-encoded vinyl transfers or old LPs, saves me a small fortune (which I already spend on this stuff, as it is! :D ) and is a lot of fun hearing the results of the little Involve decoder, its quite the bees' knees imho :)

No need to ask, I'm not shy to say it's me. :D Cannot wait to hear those babies! :)

Back