What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Madeline Kahn was in "Paper Moon" (a wonderful movie) too as Trixie Delight. She was a wonderful actress and so funny in this role.

Doug

Freshly delivered 70's Instrumental Pop: :)

Sounds Of The 70's Orchestra ‎– New Songs Of The Seventies (Capitol Records, Capitol Special Markets - QL-6776)

Second one received today:

Brass Fever - Brass Fever (Impulse! - ASD-9308)

A who's who of 50's and 60's Jazz musicians on this debut album: Frank Rosolino, Kai Winding, Sonny Carter and many more. James Jamerson features on Bass. Really nice and Funkay! :)

Third one of the day. This is by far my favourite Les Baxter album and I'm so happy to have recently learned that a Quad LP was available for it. Some of you may know it under it's original title of Que Mango. It has been retitled Latin Holiday for its Quad release and one track was removed from the original LP. Astounding string arrangements, superb new compositions by Baxter, super crazy groovy rhythm section and a lush recording done in London in 1970. What I love about these Instrumental Pop LPs from the 70's is that about 95% of them are in unplayed condition. Not anymore! :)

Fourth one today.

Nelson Riddle & 101 Strings - Swingin' Songs (Quad LP) Audio Spectrum ‎– QS-16 S

Riddle also recorded under the 101 Strings Franchise and his album was retitled Swinging Sounds for its Quad release in 1972. This is another superbly arranged and recorded album that fits perfectly with the Les Baxter. Highly recommended for Nelson Riddle fans.

Lastly, a third 101 Strings Orchestra album:

101 Strings - Hit Songs Written By Bacharach and Webb (Quad LP) Audio Spectrum ‎– QS-19 S

Another great title from the 101 Strings. No credit for the arrangements but the album is really good nonetheless. One thing about those Audio Spectrum LPs is that the vinyl quality is first grade and they're nicely pressed. :)

I've always been curious if the mix is good on the Audio Spectrums. Good titles. Les Baxter, 101 Strings especially.

I've always been curious if the mix is good on the Audio Spectrums. Good titles. Les Baxter, 101 Strings especially.

I'll share my thoughts on these as soon as I've played them. :) I actually think I'll start a thread dedicated to the 101 Strings Quad LPs.

Hi. Simon A

Yes I do agree with you on the Audio Spectrum LP`s some are EV and the rest are QS Matrix, it has taken me a view years to get the full catalog of Audio Spectrum LP`s I have from QS-1 TO QS-20 I think there is 20 LP`s in there catalog, becase I have not seen any thing after QS-20.
I`m not shore but I think there catalog came out in Q4 reel to reel as well..
Bill....

I'll share my thoughts on these as soon as I've played them. :) I actually think I'll start a thread dedicated to the 101 Strings Quad LPs.

Hi. Simon A

Yes I do agree with you on the Audio Spectrum LP`s some are EV and the rest are QS Matrix, it has taken me a view years to get the full catalog of Audio Spectrum LP`s I have from QS-1 TO QS-20 I think there is 20 LP`s in there catalog, becase I have not seen any thing after QS-20.
I`m not shore but I think there catalog came out in Q4 reel to reel as well..
Bill....

Hey Bill, you're right. I found this in a Billboard ad from 1972 and it shows all twenty titles. I'll acquire about ten as some titles really don't do it for me.

Hey Bill, you're right. I found this in a Billboard ad from 1972 and it shows all twenty titles. I'll acquire about ten as some titles really don't do it for me.

I have one of those LPs deep in a storage room somewhere. I always expected fake quad out of them. Do the Q4 reel to reels reveal some major discreet happenings going on there?

Hi. All
I try and get small lables interior catalog, if I can find them I am at the moment going for PYE QS catalog I have for some time now, and there catalog is a big one.
Bill.

That would be great Bill! Thanks for looking! :)

Hi.
More Matrix LP`s came today
( CBS. SQ The SQ Sound 7" YFSB-B )-
( CBS. SQ Andy Williams Live in Japan SOPN-52 )-

sq 1.jpg
andy 1.jpg
andy 3.jpg
sq 2.jpg
andy 4.jpg
andy 5.jpg

Three more titles arrived today. :)

Percy Faith And His Orchestra - Joy (Columbia - CQ 31301)

There are some amazing tracks on this one: Shaft, Diamonds Are Forever, another lovely John Barry track, Love Theme from Mary Queen of Scots, and a bunch more. Cannot wait to hear this one in Quad. :)

Back