What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy Joel-Piano Man

SQ DISC. Back in the day it was so everwhere for availability, this copy is a used one and a cut out.

20160202_174155.jpg20160202_174207.jpg20160202_174235.jpg20160202_174248.jpg

Billy Joel-Piano Man

SQ DISC. Back in the day it was so everywhere for availability, this copy is a used one and a cut out.

I know that the current MFSL reissue series prevents this from coming out on a Quad SACD from AF, but hopefully they'll still be issuing Quad SACDs in ten years time to do this one.

I just got THIS ONE myself and I love the album:)

You said it Clint !

TYA-A SPACE IN TIME is a true showcase for quad and one of my top five favourite quad albums.

(there was a rumour back in the 70's that "Electric Recorded Live" was mixed in quad by the "Stones" Mobile Recording unit.-oh why don't they let us tour those Chrysalis/Columbia vaults??)

Deep Purple - Machine Head

EMI/Purple Records, British SQ

Even though I also had the Warner Bros. CD-4 , I always preferred the SQ disc. (likely because the discreet disc contained a lot of breakup towards the ends of side 1 and 2 )

20160205_185736.jpg20160205_185743.jpg20160205_185806.jpg20160205_185822.jpg

Black and Blue; Featuring "The Love I Lost" - Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes (SQ LP)

In better condition than my other copy, especially side 1 which sounds really great by comparison, still on the hunt for a minty fresh one..!! :D

Piano Man - Billy Joel (SQ LP)

Canadian pressing, even though the sleeve is in worse nick the record itself is in much better condition (and plays considerably quieter) than my other copy.. still keeping eyes peeled for a mint one, of course! :eek:

Love Will Keep Us Together - Ray Conniff (SQ LP)

Had a tough time finding this one! Woo! '75 seems to be the year SQ records were pressed in lowest numbers or just haven't survived in any quantity down the years as its the year of the officially "hardest to find SQ LPs" ;) ...doesn't make much sense to me as before I'd got into this SQ caper I would have said 1975 was around about the height of Quad but maybe it had already peaked before then I guess?

Back