What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get a real kick out of reading the credits on the back of the Peter Nero, its like a load of the Quad guys got together and had a big old party!

Have a look at this..

Wayne Tarnowski (remixed the Chicago Quads),
Time Geelan (remixed the Blue Oyster Cult Quads),
Jack Ashkinazy (actually gets a credit for remixing this one.. yet he mastered many of the old Quads, including Jeff Beck Group Rough & Ready, BOC Tyranny & Mutation, etc.. but here he is actually doing the mixing!),
and Al Lawrence and Don Young get the overall Quad credits as they did so many times..

..although Lawrence was normally paired with Larry Keyes and Don Young most often teamed up with Harold J. Kleiner.. its like a big Quad mixing jamboree!

Well I found it interesting anyway.. :eek: :spot ;)

Hoping AF will glom onto this SQ disc soon, Full Sail from Loggins and Messina

20160205_185459.jpg20160205_185510.jpg20160205_185521.jpg20160205_185556.jpg20160205_185613.jpg

You can see pictures of most of these guys on Jim Reeves' Vintage Sessions page. Kind of neat to put faces to names and for some of them kinda funny to imagine these straight-laced looking suit-and-tie guys working on some pretty raunchy rock 'n' roll.

Wayne Tarnowski started out working on the original sessions for Chicago II (I think) as an assistant through a work experience program with his university and then continued on from there. When James William Guercio (Chicago's manager) opened Caribou Ranch 1973 he asked Tarnowski if he'd like to move out to Colorado and work as one of the main engineers there based on his work on the Chicago albums II through V at CBS in New York. He went on to engineer all the Chicago albums up until Chicago and Guercio parted ways after Chicago XI, and after that he produced Ted Nugent's Cat Scratch Fever.

You can see pictures of most of these guys on Jim Reeves' Vintage Sessions page. Kind of neat to put faces to names and for some of them kinda funny to imagine these straight-laced looking suit-and-tie guys working on some pretty raunchy rock 'n' roll.

Wayne Tarnowski started out working on the original sessions for Chicago II (I think) as an assistant through a work experience program with his university and then continued on from there. When James William Guercio (Chicago's manager) opened Caribou Ranch 1973 he asked Tarnowski if he'd like to move out to Colorado and work as one of the main engineers there based on his work on the Chicago albums II through V at CBS in New York. He went on to engineer all the Chicago albums up until Chicago and Guercio parted ways after Chicago XI, and after that he produced Ted Nugent's Cat Scratch Fever.

Great pics and site, thank you Dave! Some of those cats were cool back in the day but many were suited and booted as you say.. its like they hit the studio to work as a clerk would in an office in their shirt and tie.. cute!

Did you ever hear rumour of Chicago XI getting a Quad mix? "Take Me Back To Chicago" would be a blast in surround.. there's something fiendishly Isley Bros-like in that track, one minute its a sedate little number and then it turns on a sixpence into a full tilt workout! :banana:

Back