What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Write The Songs - Ray Connie (U.S. SQ LP)

As you can see this is a Promo - my question is; Does an actual retail U.S SQ pressing exist for this Quad?
In any shape or form its a superbly hard one to find! I've found the SQ from other countries (including one from the UK and one from Israel.. the UK SQ copy I have is only labelled Stereo though I have no idea if it decodes as been v.short of time! ..but that's another story I'll go into more detail about another time... when I've got time! :ugham: )

Wow! Heino in Quad! ;)

I've never seen that Ray Connie album before.

FWIW, Ithought I'd show a list of SQ Japanese discs on the WARNER/PIONEER and TRIO labels from 1973..

Thought it might come in handy for BBQ as he seems to have access to some of these.It could help for further searches perhaps.

20160225_214017.jpg

Hi. All

Been away again on a weeks holiday, my friend keeps inviting me to go with him he has a converted bus so I just go...
Some more matrix LP`s when I got back..
Bill...

( Columbia. Birdree Record. QS -Mon Paris 7'' pls 8003 )-
( PYE.4D QS -The Eden Electronic Ensemble Plays Joplin )-
( Supraphon. SQ -Variations On Classics )-
( Vedette Records. Phase6Super Stereo SQ -Apache Sergio Farina Vol.2 Chitarra )-

2 pic.jpg
1 pic.jpg
IMG_0162.jpg
IMG_0163.jpg
IMG_0165.jpg
IMG_0166.jpg
IMG_0167.jpg
IMG_0168.jpg
IMG_0169.jpg

I have the 4D Eden lp
I don't think that it is Quad what is your thoughts?
Also I have a few Phase 6 SQ Lps and one that has the same logo on the label is not Quad
When you play it would you let me know if it is or not quad?
I have it on order

I have the 4D Eden lp
Also I have a few Phase 6 SQ Lps and one that has the same logo on the label is not Quad
I have it on order

Well I have some of these Italian SQ LPs on the "to do" pile, so will try and decode them thru the Surround Master asap.
(pretty sure one of them belongs to QQ Member https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/member.php?10016-Simon-A .. :eek: )

Hi. rustyandi

I am in the process of cleaning the LP`s and recording them so I`ll get back with my findings for you..
Bill...

I have the 4D Eden lp
I have it on order

Hi everyone,

Here's one that I've just received (and highly recommend getting).

Marvin, Welch & Farrar - Second Opinion (Regal Zonophone Q4SRZA 8504) from 1972

Many of E.M.I.'s usual suspects are found here (along with studio musician extraordinaire Alan Hawkshaw) and the Quad "supervision" is credited to Jeff Jarrat. Interesting that Alan Parsons is just a tape operator on this one.

Singer/songwriter John Farrar would go on to successfully write and produce for Olivia-Newton John.

I've been playing this non-stop for a few hours and I absolutely love it! If you enjoy early 70's Bee Gees and Hollies, then do yerself a favour and grab this one. It sounds really nice and the songs are quite strong.

I've been playing this non-stop for a few hours and I absolutely love it! If you enjoy early 70's Bee Gees and Hollies, then do yerself a favour and grab this one. It sounds really nice and the songs are quite strong.

A lot of EMI quads were available here back in the day but that disc and ELO always eluded me.

Now ELO was stereo in a quad sleeve, but it took some time to find this out. (Only issued in S America in SQ)

Anyway enjoy your MWF SQ EMI , Simon.(y) I finally got to hear an SQ encoded cassette-thanks to rustiandi

fizzlestickz.

Hi rustyandi

I have the 4D Eden lp
I have it on order

The PYE 4D Eden LP is QUAD, but not strong in the back channels there is movement in there and some panning in some of the tracks the electronic instruments used were poly-phonic and most likely multi-tracked and mixed.

The phase6 SQ LP I enjoyed this LP and I thought in some of the tracks it was quite active in the back channels.
I have had now time in listening to these LP`s through my Surround Master but through my Sansui QRX8001 and if it sounds good from this it would definitely sound even better through the SM.. I am going away for another week so see you all..
Bill....

Back