What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! Good catch hawkeye! :upthumb

Had a bloody hard time tracking down that Send In The Clowns Quad.. I don't know if it was ever released on Q8 or in SQ LP form in other territories (gotta be a U.S pressing!) but I could only find a Discogs listing for a Greek SQ pressing for the longest time and no trace of that Greek LP ever coming up for sale anywhere.. and then stumbled upon the NZ (the matrix code on Connie's spine is the clue.. google around etc for SBPQ and you find some interesting things..) and well, as soon as I get some quiet alone time I'll be back on the Surround Master bus (big old backlog.. phew! :eek: )

Yes, Adam ...there was a Q8 and we had it at home!!!!

no quad remix credits on the derringer album? It looks like one of those ones that might have a printed inner sleeve..?

no quad remix credits on the derringer album? It looks like one of those ones that might have a printed inner sleeve..?

No, none unfortunately :( There is indeed a printed inner sleeve but it is for the Stereo/PZ version and has no Quad credits of any kind
(unlike the Jasmine Nightdreams SQ which has the PZ printed sleeve but weirdly/handily includes the Quad remixing credits). I took a pic of the Spring Fever printed inner in a rush but it came out all McBlurry. I'll take another snap or two of it down the line for completeness' sake but its a dead end on the "Unsung Heroes" front sadly.

Ahh that's disappointing. On another front though, it looks like the deadwax on side 1 is -1D, is that right?

If so that's interesting because on Sly & The Family Stone GH anyway, the original mix is -1A, and when they did the remix it was -1C or something. I wonder if Spring Fever went through a bunch of remixes/repressings? What's the deadwax on side 2 say?

Ahh that's disappointing. On another front though, it looks like the deadwax on side 1 is -1D, is that right?

If so that's interesting because on Sly & The Family Stone GH anyway, the original mix is -1A, and when they did the remix it was -1C or something. I wonder if Spring Fever went through a bunch of remixes/repressings? What's the deadwax on side 2 say?

Ahh.. very interesting! :upthumb
Gimme a min.

I have the "Variations on Classics" Supraphon LP, but my copy has the SQ logo on the label of the record. It's an interesting album, especially their version of "Flight of the Bumble Bee", which has a fighter pilot trying to shoot the bee down.

Hi. All

I am back from a weeks holiday & there is a couple of matrix LP`s BUT... I am leaving this Sat. to tour the South Island of New Zealand for 6 weeks so see ya all ......
Bill.

( CBS. SQ BOS-3220 Funny Girl )-
( Phase6Super Stereo. SQ Destination Musicland )-

IMG_0922.jpg
IMG_0923.jpg
IMG_0924.jpg
IMG_0925.jpg
IMG_0926.jpg
IMG_0927.jpg
IMG_0931.jpg
IMG_0930.jpg
IMG_0928.jpg

Oh I so hope AF can do the two BOC SQ QUAD discs, someday soon.

TYRANNY AND MUTATION, and SECRET TREATIES-great SQ encodes that cry for AF'S SACD'S (QUAD of course)

20160122_201148.jpg20160122_201157.jpg20160122_201302.jpg20160122_201321.jpg20160122_201429.jpg20160122_201449.jpg20160122_201551.jpg20160122_201642.jpg

The Fastest Harp In The South - Charlie McCoy (SQ LP - By Stealth!)

Another "hidden" SQ LP in a regular Stereo sleeve also with an accompanying letter from CBS, just like my Fogelberg Quad and another QQ-ers' Thrust SQ LP..!! :yikes

Back