What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if you haven't grown up with Heino then you don't know what to expect.

There's a Dead Kennedys bootleg called "A Skateboard Party" where Jello Biafra makes an introduction to California Über Alles (IIRC) talking about "the guy with blond bleech hair and sunglasses" a classmate lent to me way back in school. Since the cover has no hint on the venue and city of the concert I always thought it was a concert recorded in Germany. Why else would he make a remark about Heino, having thought he's unknown outside Germany.

A few years back I saw a music documentary on tv about Heino, and was suprised Jello Biafra was interviewed, too! He was sitting in front of his stereo, and he showed the public his Heino collection! He also told the story how he attended a Heino show in the USA, not because of the music, but out of curiosity what people attended the show.

-Kristian

Well, if you haven't grown up with Heino then you don't know what to expect.

There's a Dead Kennedys bootleg called "A Skateboard Party" where Jello Biafra makes an introduction to California Über Alles (IIRC) talking about "the guy with blond bleech hair and sunglasses" a classmate lent to me way back in school. Since the cover has no hint on the venue and city of the concert I always thought it was a concert recorded in Germany. Why else would he make a remark about Heino, having thought he's unknown outside Germany.

A few years back I saw a music documentary on tv about Heino, and was suprised Jello Biafra was interviewed, too! He was sitting in front of his stereo, and he showed the public his Heino collection! He also told the story how he attended a Heino show in the USA, not because of the music, but out of curiosity what people attended the show.

-Kristian

Oh no! I know absolutely nothing about him, other than he looks like a Thunderbirds puppet and clearly does a good line in cute puppies.. and he did a Quad record! That was the clincher ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8jeEEwSQZoQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not the docu I saw, but he's showing his Heino collection here, too!

-Kristian

Interesting watching.. though Jellybean Biafra hates Yes, Eagles, Bee Gees, Frankie Valli, Beach Boys, ELP... so he is dead to me :)

Heino, huh.

I remember seeing at least two of his discs in quad in a local import's shop back in the 70's.
No doubt it's MOR type music, and I passed on them as the cover kinda spooked me.

Well Frederick, you just gotta put a bag over his head and play the album.:rolleyes:

fizzers

...over your head and play the album, so no one would recognize who put the music on! ;)

-Kristian

Hello Dolly, my Dad used to play us that on the piano when we were kids! and love the reference to Cowbell & Triangle on the Charlie McCoy, just reminds of the Bonzo's Intro & Outro!

Wow,Fredums,

That's interesting and bizarrely curious to see the Spanish EMI SQ discs.........spelling of Quad with a C???

CUADRAFONICO

but they didn't change the print on the EMI SQ emblem.

Wow,Fredums,

That's interesting and bizarrely curious to see the Spanish EMI SQ discs.........spelling of Quad with a C???

CUADRAFONICO

Oh fizzywizzywoowoo! Aren't they super cute! :eek:

You know, I've had my eye on a number of rather more 'exotic' SQ pressings from various countries for a while now.. and since I've pretty much plundered the Columbia/Epic/CBS/T-Neck (etc.!) label SQ's for all their non-Classical worth it (bar a couple of Chicago albums) it seemed like a good time to grab some, so you'll see some more such SQ curios from around the world popping up here in the not too distant future!

It is all rather curios, sorry curious, however it is cool to expand one's vocabulary in zee foreign languages thanks to this SQ caper.. sprechen "Quadrophonie", hablar "Cuadrafonico" and all that jazzeo.. :banana:

Oh I abhor such corner cutting.. bah! I spit on them like DOGS! (and cutting the corners off the sleeve for the cut out bins! try to eschew those whenever possible but that's another matter! :p )

Cuadrafonico done Cheapio

Oh PS. Fizzmeister, what I really wanted to start a dialogue about by posting these Cuadrafonico curios is... do you know if any of these albums (such as the last few Spanish EMI SQ's) ever appeared in other territories in Quad?

Wow,Fredums,

CUADRAFONICO

Don't ask me why, but the letter "Q" is never used with a "u" followed by the vowel "A"...you can have an "E", but not an "A"...
besides, since the root of it is the letter "cuatro" , it makes sense...

This Sesame Street moment has been brought to you by the letter "G"....

Back