What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh PS. Fizzmeister, what I really wanted to start a dialogue about by posting these Cuadrafonico curios is... do you know if any of these albums (such as the last few Spanish EMI SQ's) ever appeared in other territories in Quad?

Yes the John Keating was available, here in Canader, Aussie, S.AFRICANER,KRAUTZEMHEIMER, and likely any other EMI Country of interest-S America etc.

And Hugo Strusser is/was a German SQ on BASF. And later Acanta-Germany.

The cutting off of the corners or punching holes in the corners of the LP covers used to irritate me as well, but as a student I ended up buying quite a few of these Imported LPs, which I was told had to be damaged in some way to allow them to be sold in the UK at a lower price.

The cutting of the corners on the quad lps could be a pain, yes, especially if it was a large cut and detrimental to the quad album cover.

However, it was preferable to the alternative!!

THEY SHREDDED THE VINYL DISCS-QUAD ALSO, TO RECYCLE AND REUSE THE VINYL FOR UGH!!! "STEREO"!!!:flame:flame

Yes the John Keating was available, here in Canader, Aussie, S.AFRICANER,KRAUTZEMHEIMER, and likely any other EMI Country of interest-S America etc.

And Hugo Strusser is/was a German SQ on BASF. And later Acanta-Germany.

Of course it almost goes without sayng,

The land of "steak and kidney pie"-your home BRITANIA.

McFizzle O'Fizzpaddy

PS -I love steak and kidney pie.:D(y)

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Grundig Quad demo LP, inspired by Quad King's collection. Awesome graphic.

Damn Adam...that's pretty cool. Where in the heck do you find all these old LP's? How many times are they in near mint/mint condition? The vinyl I mean?

Damn Adam...that's pretty cool. Where in the heck do you find all these old LP's? How many times are they in near mint/mint condition? The vinyl I mean?

Hey Gene, condition's very variable, for some of the harder to find titles I've had to accept stuff in condition I couldn't live with if just plain Stereo but for the most part they've been ok after a good scrub.. a couple of times the sleeve has looked like its been used for target practice but the record inside has been in great shape! This Johnny Cash Quad came from a UK seller called Psychotron Records, I'll let you know how accurate their grading was when I get around to recording it in! :eek:

Hey Gene, condition's very variable, for some of the harder to find titles I've had to accept stuff in condition I couldn't live with if just plain Stereo but for the most part they've been ok after a good scrub.. a couple of times the sleeve has looked like its been used for target practice but the record inside has been in great shape! This Johnny Cash Quad came from a UK seller called Psychotron Records, I'll let you know how accurate their grading was when I get around to recording it in! :eek:

OK, cool. Well, since I've been buying "used" vinyl from Discogs, I notice that "near mint" can mean a lot of different things. :rolleyes:

That Johnny Cash SQ "In San Quentin" is one I never had in SQ , as I waited to long . Passed over the purchase until it was too late.

Fosgate did include a track on their SQ sampler tape though.

It's time A.F.took up the cause me thinks.

Spring Fever - Rick Derringer (SQ LP)

These things are like buses, you wait ages for one and then two turn up in quick succession.
They even labelled it with a sticker to say it's my 2nd (hand) copy :eek:

That Johnny Cash SQ "In San Quentin" is one I never had in SQ , as I waited to long . Passed over the purchase until it was too late.

Fosgate did include a track on their SQ sampler tape though.

It's time A.F.took up the cause me thinks.

Its never too late FW, copies of the SQ are plentiful to this day ;)

Back