What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done the tape monitor thing before too. Sometimes I get mad enough at myself that I force myself to listen to the album again the correct way.

:D

Doug

Unknown-1.jpeg
The Fantastic Philadelphians Vol. 1 Charbrier: Espana
Dukas: Sorcerer's Apprentice
Saint - Saens: Dance Macabre
Mussorgsky: a Night on Bald Mountain
Ormandy/Philadelphia Orchestra CD-4 SEALED!

Unknown-2.jpeg
Casablanca Classic Film Scores for Humphrey Bogart Gerhardt/National Philharmonic CD-4

QL, I like the first one, haven't gotten Casablanca yet. I had to have the first one for Danse Macabre, my fave classical piece. Not the most spectacular performances, but not bad either, and in quad!

I have done the tape monitor thing before too. Sometimes I get mad enough at myself that I force myself to listen to the album again the correct way.

Doug

I intend to tonight, after I decide to go get some Guinness or raid my partner's liquor cabinet.:friday::brew:beer2

Ah, Guinness. There ARE Irish geniuses! OK, it could be WERE as it was what, 300 years ago they started making it? But, anyway...

Doug

Oh, and tonight was 1971 on the show I mentioned above. It's called "Look Back". Anyway, this is the year I graduated from H.S. and even I had forgotten all the incredible music from that year! It seems every single one they played is still being played on the "oldies" stations.

And they resisted the temptation to play "Miss American Pie" which I have never been crazy about anyway.

Relative content: The Doors last stuff is from that year and "Riders On the Storm" is on the CD-4 Best Of album.

Doug

I still have a mint 1st pressing of Best of the Doors on CD-4, have preordered and am eagerly awaiting the 4.0 SACD. For the uninitiated, these are different mixes than the DVD-A Perception Box, which I also own, and their equivalent SACD's. Who Do You Love from Absolutely Live is included on the old/new Quad. It was not included on Perception.

Unknown-2.jpeg

images.jpeg

If you don't have it, that's why YOU NEED IT! - Yogi Berra

...Relative content: The Doors last stuff is from that year and "Riders On the Storm" is on the CD-4 Best Of album.

Doug

Finally got a copy 0f The Godfather Soundtrack in CD-4. Price was OK. The quad mix is fine.

Despite my lack of appreciation for "soft rock" in general, I do still like folk rock and, in particular, America. This one is still sealed (apparently for my protection) but it won't stay that way.

AM Hearts.jpg

My copy of that stayed sealed for about as long as it took me to get it out of the mailing box and it was then, slit, pull, and on the TT.

Doug

Back