What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Citizen Kane.jpg

My latest local find. Pic from Discogs as I am too shaky for a camera, and mine doesn't have the import sticker on it. I will wait to play it tonight when I am more awake. I wasn't expecting this when I went to score some singles this morning. I love Bernard Herrrmann, hope it doesn't disappoint.

View attachment 23845

My latest local find. Pic from Discogs as I am too shaky for a camera, and mine doesn't have the import sticker on it. I will wait to play it tonight when I am more awake. I wasn't expecting this when I went to score some singles this morning. I love Bernard Herrrmann, hope it doesn't disappoint.

I, too, am a huge Bernard Hermann fanboy. In case you're interested, HDTT (High Definition Tape Transfers) has been meticulously transferring some of the classic RCA QUAD film scores to Blu Ray Audio from Dolby~b encoded QUAD Open Reels. Here's the listing http://www.highdeftapetransfers.com...harmonic-orchestra-blu-ray-audio-4-0-surround

From time to time, HDTT offers discounts. They also offer the Citizen Kane BD~A without the fancy artwork/case for $14.99 (you supply the case, etc. but it's the exact same disc).

Last edited:
To bigbillquad,

Sorry I am so late to add a post.

OK, we will be waiting to hear about your experiences with a new CD-4 setup and possibly new CD-4 demodulator (demogitator in Linda-Speak :D)

Doug

Hi. Doug
Yes I will be telling all about my new collection of CD-4 that I have acquired so far, I will be putting my CD-4 system together very shortly, but it will be ad hoc the new house I'm in at the moment is to small to have all my gear in the same space so....:lookaround.
I was going to move to a bigger home that is on hold know so I have to make do for the mean time.
Bill....

I have been away for the last 3 week so there is a small back log CD-4 to show.

To bigbillquad,

Sorry I am so late to add a post.

OK, we will be waiting to hear about your experiences with a new CD-4 setup and possibly new CD-4 demodulator (demogitator in Linda-Speak :D)

Doug

( MCA. CD-4 CD4M-7004 JAWS )-
( ARISTA. CD-4 AQ 4057 Eric Carmen )-
( Victor. CD-4 CD4K-7014 La Priere D`une Viierge )-
( Victor. CD-4 CD4W-7043 V.A Golden Screen Themes )-
( Philips. CD-4 4DX-14 Michel Ciliement Dynamic Screen Music )-
( Philips. CD-4 4DX-7 Continental Tango Russian Mood )-
( Philips. CD-4 4DX-5 The Swingle Sisters . Vivaldi The Joy of Singing )-
( Victor. CD-4 CD4K-7522 Kurt Masur Beethoven Sym. No.2 & No.9 )-

jaws front.jpg
jaws back.jpg
e c cd-4.jpg
cd-4 f.jpg
cd-4 d.jpg
cd-4 c.jpg
cd-4 b.jpg
cd-4 a.jpg
cd-4 e.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. All
I have temporary set my CD-4 system up, I have used my Sansui QRX8001 with my JVC 4DD-5 I have 3 of these 4DD-5 units which all worked the last time I used them about 2 years ago found 1. not working 2. working but with a loud earth hum like noise 3. Works fin thank god,...:spot... 3 one lucky.... the turntable is a Technics SL-2000 the cartridge Audio-Technics ATN-15 I calibrated the 4DD-5 with a JVC test record and I then used a Quadradisc with Highlights on so I can fin tune with the different styles of music on it.
CD-4 PIC.jpg

You now I forgotten how good CD-4 is if set up right, I then preceded to immerse my self in listening to Jaws LP I think I was in my 20`s when I first seen this movie it brought back memories of the tension the music gave the divergent scenes, then I listened to Carpenters Now & Then LP grate listening...:music...
I really hope that Chucky and his team can come up with this new CD-4 decoder they are going to work on soon ...:xp:

Last edited:
OK, great! I'm glad you are able to listen to CD-4 again. I love it! I have that same sampler album and "Volunteers" sounds so good. I still have to get the whole CD-4 album. JA was an incredible band and one of my favorites from then and still, actually.

And, speaking of "Jaws", one of the networks showed all three here this last weekend and the first two are still scarier than hel*. All I know is I won't be swimming in the ocean. Not that I ever really have a chance here in Minnesota! :D

Doug

OK, great! I'm glad you are able to listen to CD-4 again. I love it! I have that same sampler album and "Volunteers" sounds so good. I still have to get the whole CD-4 album. JA was an incredible band and one of my favorites from then and still, actually.

And, speaking of "Jaws", one of the networks showed all three here this last weekend and the first two are still scarier than hel*. All I know is I won't be swimming in the ocean. Not that I ever really have a chance here in Minnesota! :D

Doug

I have Volunteers on a dolby b encoded Quad Open Reel. Always sounded great. Wish Audio Fidelity had released the Quad Mix of JAWS on SACD instead of Cruising on Stereo SACD.

Back