What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More from above.....

Untitled_Panorama5a.jpg

Untitled_Panorama6.jpg
Untitled_Panorama6a.jpg

I've never heard that album, was Craig Fuller still in the band? who joined a latter incarnation of Little Feat, he sings on the 1988 Little Feat album "Let It Roll" I've got, a great vocalist. One of my favourite all time albums is Pure Prairie League "Bustin' Out" (I'd have loved that in Quad), which also has one Mick Ronson on it, its an album I can put on at anytime.

Craig Fuller wasn't in PPL for this album or Two Lane Highway (which was also released in quad the year before).

He did Bustin' Out with them in 1972 and shortly after the album was released, he was put in jail for evading the Vietnam draft - he was a conscientious objector but I guess couldn't get status arranged in a way sufficient to avoid jail. After he went to jail, RCA dropped the band and they broke up, but then got back together a while later with Larry Goshorn on lead vocals and guitar. They started touring again even though they didn't have a new album or a recording contract and that's what started to spike the popularity of 'Amie' off Bustin Out, which was a hit for them in 1975, nearly 3 years after it was originally recorded. It was the popularity of that song that got RCA to re-sign the band, and so Two Lane Highway is actually the followup album to Bustin Out, even though it was released more than 3 years later.

I think Fuller did a few things before he was in Little Feat, a couple of albums with a band called American Flyer in the mid 70's, and then an album with Eric Kaz after that. It is a shame that RCA never did a quad mix of Bustin' Out as it is probably their best record, but with them getting dropped there was probably no chance at the time and then by the time they got popular again it was probably considered old hat and then in a blink of an eye quad was dead.

Another interesting Pure Prairie League quad link is that the producer of their two quad albums was John Boylan - his very next project after PPL was producing the first Boston album. I think the fact that he was a 'quad-friendly' producer lends creedence to the idea that the Boston LP may have been mixed for quad.

Wow thanks, I had to get Bustin' Out CD as a special import into the UK, its interesting to learn why the band split, and the Boston (Quad, it would be great!) connection.

Craig Fuller wasn't in PPL for this album or Two Lane Highway (which was also released in quad the year before).

He did Bustin' Out with them in 1972 and shortly after the album was released, he was put in jail for evading the Vietnam draft - he was a conscientious objector but I guess couldn't get status arranged in a way sufficient to avoid jail. After he went to jail, RCA dropped the band and they broke up, but then got back together a while later with Larry Goshorn on lead vocals and guitar. They started touring again even though they didn't have a new album or a recording contract and that's what started to spike the popularity of 'Amie' off Bustin Out, which was a hit for them in 1975, nearly 3 years after it was originally recorded. It was the popularity of that song that got RCA to re-sign the band, and so Two Lane Highway is actually the followup album to Bustin Out, even though it was released more than 3 years later.

I think Fuller did a few things before he was in Little Feat, a couple of albums with a band called American Flyer in the mid 70's, and then an album with Eric Kaz after that. It is a shame that RCA never did a quad mix of Bustin' Out as it is probably their best record, but with them getting dropped there was probably no chance at the time and then by the time they got popular again it was probably considered old hat and then in a blink of an eye quad was dead.

Another interesting Pure Prairie League quad link is that the producer of their two quad albums was John Boylan - his very next project after PPL was producing the first Boston album. I think the fact that he was a 'quad-friendly' producer lends creedence to the idea that the Boston LP may have been mixed for quad.

Another album I love, what's the Quad come out like Adam? I first heard this on Nicky Horne's "Your Mother Wouldn't Like It" (and she didn't!) radio show on Capitol Radio when it came out, so I rushed out and bought the LP.... stereo only.

Spitfire - Jefferson Starship (CD-4)

Another album I love, what's the Quad come out like Adam? I first heard this on Nicky Horne's "Your Mother Wouldn't Like It" (and she didn't!) radio show on Capitol Radio when it came out, so I rushed out and bought the LP.... stereo only.

hey Duncan not had a chance to try it yet, love the story about Mum not liking it! :D

Hi. All

I have manage to acquire some hard to get CD-4`s & there is one that was only avalible as a Demo Disc & was not available to the general public that one is the Denon LP.

( Motown. CD-4 CD4W-7037 -In Japan ! Jackson 5 )-
( Avco. CD-4 CD4W-7079 -The Stylistics Let`s Put it All Together )-
( Avco. CD-4 CDW-7057 -The Stylistics Including Stop,Look.Listen(to your heart) You Are Everything )-
( Motown. CD-4 CD4W-7069 -In Japan The Temptations )-
( Motown. CD-4 CD4W-7040 -In Japan The Supremes )-
( London-Denon. CD-4 Nas 507 -Demonstratrations )-

Untitled_Panorama3.jpg
Untitled_Panorama4.jpg

Untitled_Panorama5.jpg
Untitled_Panorama6.jpg

Untitled_Panorama7.jpg
DISC.jpg

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

bigbillquad is the MAN! That's quite a haul. Great stuff. (y)(y)(y)

I am no fan of jazz music, but I know that a lot of guys like Japanese CD-4 LPs. A guy (in the Montreal area) on Canuck Audio Mart is selling a 'Golden Jazz Session' JVC CD-4 LP in NM condition for ten loonies. Not a bad price if you are a jazz listener, especially if you can pick it up and avoid the shipping cost. Scroll down the list. It is ninth from the bottom. I am NOT the seller. I just thought someone might like to know about it.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/deta...tion-avant-garde-hard-bop-cool-jazz-and-more/

I just acquired Joni Mitchell's Court and Spark on Quadradisc which sounds pretty amazing through the Marantz demodulator. Interestingly, the stereo version sounds really good through my Lafayette decoder on the composer A setting-the realism and depth is quite nice.

Back