What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. ALL
I have just remembered I got 5 new factory sealed CD-4 LP`s about 3 weeks ago,
I`m in the middle of moving house :confused::nuke
here they are.

Love the Enoch Light albums in CD-4. Excellent Quad mixes and detail. Especially with a demodulator like the CD4-50. :)

Not on the original 45, they aren't.

:D

Doug

Has the single mix ever found its way onto an album, even an obscure one? If so, memory escapes me. Curiously, two mono single mixes were apparently released: one, like the stereo 45, with no or very obscured 'stronger than dirt'; and one where that tag at the end is very obvious (like the eventual Lp version).

Great sax work by Curtis Amy, classic example of taking a good recording and making it better.

ED :)

Hi All
I`v got another 2 CD-4 LP`s Vol. 1 & 2 of A String Of Pearls Glennmiller came in today.
Bill.

QQ1.jpg

Hey Bill, those are some of my favourite recordings, quad or not. They were also issued in a gatefold sleeve, both in quad and in stereo. Pennsylvania 6-5000 and Chatanooga Choo Choo are my top choice cuts from these discs. I have two copies just to be sure I have them for a while. Enjoy!

Hi. Circular Vibes
It took me a long time to get Vol.1 & 2 its sounds its going to be worth it, but it will be couple of weeks??? before I get to hear them - moving house..:rolleyes:
Bill....

Hey Bill, those are some of my favourite recordings, quad or not. They were also issued in a gatefold sleeve, both in quad and in stereo. Pennsylvania 6-5000 and Chatanooga Choo Choo are my top choice cuts from these discs. I have two copies just to be sure I have them for a while. Enjoy!

got today Floyd Cramer "Super Country Hits"
albeit doesn't have the means to utilize (no CD-4 demodulator) anyway found it would be a sin to pass such find for 2 bucks

got today Floyd Cramer "Super Country Hits"
albeit doesn't have the means to utilize (no CD-4 demodulator) anyway found it would be a sin to pass such find for 2 bucks

I will never pass up a quad title in VG+ shape or better for that price. Last fall I found about 35 easy listening quads at Value Village for 2 bux each. A few had mold on the jackets, but inside were beautiful after the usual wet cleaning. I think the two Gord Lightfoot titles in the pile were worth it. I also got a scrap Panasonic CD4 table with strain gauge cartridge still intact(on my Technics table now) for 25 bux. My local record shops also know that I will buy almost any quad title if it is priced cheap enough, so they usually grab them for me. Easy money for them! As for the demodulator, you can find one at a later time now that you have an excuse to try it out, especially if you find one cheap.

Weekend finds. Parts Express Audiofest.

ForumRunner_20150712_214836.jpg

ForumRunner_20150712_214854.jpg

Never seen one of these with just a sticker.

ForumRunner_20150712_214939.jpg

Back