What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The More I see You Kunihiko Sugano and Susumu Arima JVC CD-4

Kogun Toshiko Akiyoshi Lew Tabackin Band RCA quadradisc both japanese

*sealed, orange label* Elvis Aloha From Hawaii (CD-4)

I picked this up for about $30 on ebay. Much less than most people want for sealed. Some people try to sell ratty used copies for $30.

Since there are so many of these, I decided to bide my time for a nearly perfect copy. Then I found this sealed copy cheap! I cracked it open tonight. The discs are perfect. I put the discs in some old estat sleeves I found and left them seperate from the sleeve which still has the plastic and Quadradisc sticker on it. The only ringwear is on the plastic, the cover underneath is pristine. Now I will keep it that way by doing the OCD thing and keeping the records seperate from the sleeve. I will never touch the vinyl with anything but a shibata.

Had to go to work today but lucked out on an after work goodwill stop.

The Mystic Moods Awakening (CD-4)

Q8 said:
Had to go to work today but lucked out on an after work goodwill stop.

The Mystic Moods Awakening (CD-4)

I haven't demodulated this, but have done some hedphone listening in stereo, this album is awesome. I can't believe I've been passing up Mystic Moods LPs all these years.

I haven't demodulated this, but have done some hedphone listening in stereo, this album is awesome. I can't believe I've been passing up Mystic Moods LPs all these years.

Yes they are good in Quad. Brad Miller knew his Surround Sound - no doubt about that !

Brad did make sure these were audio candy, just not everyone's cup of tea!

Prokofieff: Alexander Nevsky
Betty Allen, Mezzo-soprano
Choir, Mendelssohn Club Of Philadelphia
Philadelphia Orchestra, Eugene Ormandy cond
RCA Quadradisc ARD1-1151 1975
Used, $6.00

Eugene+Ormandy+-+Alexander+Nevsky,+Op.+78+-+LP+RECORD-482893.jpg

A few years ago, I saw and listened to McCoy at Chicago Jazz Fest. When he was done, I stood up and yelled, "McCoy, you're a genius!" He is a truly gifted musician.

As to Brad Miller, he did much to advance the cause of higher fidelity. As a former MFSL dealer, I eagerly awaited each new project. Very few disappointed. I wish Jim and the folks at today's MoFi were as committed to the same. Although some of their projects are great, many leave much to be desired.

McCoy Tyner Song of the New World CD-4 on the way to me.....

I finally got a copy of the much sought after and hard to find:

Deep Purple - Stormbringer (CD-4)

:D

the DTS CDs of Mystic Moods' "Erogenous", "Cosmic Force" and "Bright Side Of The Moon" Quad LPs sound absolutely stunning (y)

the DTS CDs of Mystic Moods' "Erogenous", "Cosmic Force" and "Bright Side Of The Moon" Quad LPs sound absolutely stunning (y)

Brad's Mystic Moods albums had amazing Quad mixes and production values. As Tad says, the music might be a little out there for some, but they offer textbook examples of what is possible in Surround Sound - even as mixes from the early 1970's days of Quad.

Record show was Sunday:

Virgil Fox Heavy Organ at Carnegie Hall (CD-4)

The Best Of Bread (CD-4)

The Best of The Guess Who Volume II (CD-4)

Alice Cooper Muscle Of Love (CD-4)

I'm glad I got this, now I have both AC CD-4s!

I got given some LPs and in amongst them, my first Quadra Disc!

IMG_1277 (1280x1263).jpg
with the sleeve as well,
IMG_1278 (1280x1266).jpg
the disc looks very clean, I haven't found anymore....so far......I've a Shure cartridge somewhere, all I need now is the decoder :(

George Flynn John Cage Winter Music Nonesuch Quadradisc

America Holiday Quadradisc
America Hearts Quadradisc

I find I like the music on Hearts a little bit better. Some nice George Martin produced surround.........but who mixed them?

After collecting for awhile, I find myself looking to find better or new/sealed copies of what I already have. At times I have payed more (and felt kinda stupid in the process) than i felt they were worth. I recently payed $45 for a sealed copy of "Court and Spark". Overboard?...perhaps, but it's a dam good album, and knowing that a conical stylus wasnt dragged across it...who knows how many times,...yo"u get the point, Other than replacements, Tomita, "Pictures at an Exhibition"...and Robertmason before that.

Back