What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Fantastic Philadelphians play
The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Danse Macabre, Espana, Night on Bald Mountain
- Eugene Ormandy, Philadelphia Orchestra (Quadradisc ARD1-0002) by Chabrier, Dukas, Saint-Saens and Mussorgsky (1972)
New sealed $14.95

LP9641.jpg

Alice Cooper Billion Dollar Babies

Jefferson Starship Dragonfly

Arlo Guthrie Last Of The Brooklyn Cowboys

A couple of CD-4's from my favorite antique mall today. Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark and Hugo Montenegro - Love Theme From The Godfather. I sold a quad reel of the Montenegro title without even listening to it. Listening to the album now and it's a fun surround mix. Not something I'd listen to daily, but fun once in awhile. An extremely clean copy too for only $1.

Just received The Friends of Distinction Greatest Hits off eBay in NM condition. It sounds great, and the mix of "Grazin' in the Grass" is really great! I also picked up Joni Mitchell The Hissing of Summer Lawns but haven't listened to it yet.

My little haul of Japanese, German and British CD-4s from the last 6 months. The Japanese ones look to be in incredible condition, the vinyl looks almost literally unplayed. Obviously have a few to trade!

Also attached a photo of the sticker that was on the back of the Fats Domino & Deaf School albums...thought it might be of interest to quad historians!

cd4s.jpg
uksticker.jpg

Just got another Ebay lot of CD-4 discs. Frank Sinatra - Ol Blue Eyes is Back, Guess Who -#10, Captain & Tenille - Love Will Keep Us Together, Bread - Best of, David Gates, Tomita - Snowflakes are Dancing, Chuck Mangione - Bellavia, Carly Simon - No Secrets, Eric Carmen, David Gates - Never Let Her Go, Eugene Ormandy - Spectacular Overtures & The Fantastic Philadelphians.
The nice thing about being a new quad LP collector is that I typically don't have any of the albums in these lot sales, so it's a good way to pick up a batch of records at once.

Bream CD-4.jpeg
RCA Quadradisc ARD1-1181 (new sealed $13.00)
Rodrigo Concierto De Aranjuez
Berkeley Guitar Concert
Conductor – John Eliot Gardiner
Guitar – Julian Bream
Orchestra – Monteverdi Orchestra

Yes. Took a chance.
$12 for a lot of 3 LPs.
This one was CD-4, the other 2 were Tomita as well but stereo only.
Firebird (which I already have in CD-4) and Bermuda Triangle. (Bermuda Coral colored LP...Kwad Kitty says so)

Last edited:
So, Sunday I spent all day with a buddy going to a record show, then to a couple record stores. It was great! Found a lot of quads. Everything here was $20 or less. Most was $10 or less. Great deals.

Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells (Virgin Records CD-4 Copy)

Bill Wyman Monkey Grip

Stardrive Intergalactic Trot

The Hues Corporation Love Corporation

David Gates First

Al Stewart's Museum Of Modern Brass

So, Sunday I spent all day with a buddy going to a record show, then to a couple record stores. It was great! Found a lot of quads. Everything here was $20 or less. Most was $10 or less. Great deals.

Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells (Virgin Records CD-4 Copy)

Bill Wyman Monkey Grip

Stardrive Intergalactic Trot

The Hues Corporation Love Corporation

David Gates First

Al Stewart's Museum Of Modern Brass

Nice - some winners there !

This experimental album from a dude I never heard of. I haven't played it yet. Some kind of sound collage with looping tapes that explore how technology is killing the human soul and eradicating our privacy, circa 1974. Badass cover of a man with a phone growing out of his neck. How prescient! Has anyone heard this?

IMG_20130420_121017_068.jpg

I sort of like cacophonous noise under the right circumstances, and as long as I'm responsible for it and not the neighbors. I'm sure I overpaid for this album, but oh well. It came from a place in Los Angeles called Rockaway Records. They're a long-term fixture, but known to be over priced. Their stuff tends to be priced 3 times what other places charge, but when it comes to finding new quads, I tend to grab them if I'm at all remotely interested. I left behind a Janis Joplin SQ on the same trip. I'm not a fan and they wanted 20 bucks for it. Outrageous, if you ask me, which you didn't.

To each his/her own. Janis Joplin is my all-time fave rock vocalist. Many people find her screeching hard to take. Pearl is her most melodic album, and is only bested by Cheap Thrills. A wonderful swan song. I've owned 7 copies of Pearl, including an SQ & Q8, and 5 copies of Cheap Thrills, including the SACD 5.1.

Pearl Japan SQ:
!BVGj3Mg!2k~$(KGrHgoOKjUEjlLmTEG6BKQ1(M0tyQ~~_35.JPG

I sort of like cacophonous noise under the right circumstances, and as long as I'm responsible for it and not the neighbors. I'm sure I overpaid for this album, but oh well. It came from a place in Los Angeles called Rockaway Records. They're a long-term fixture, but known to be over priced. Their stuff tends to be priced 3 times what other places charge, but when it comes to finding new quads, I tend to grab them if I'm at all remotely interested. I left behind a Janis Joplin SQ on the same trip. I'm not a fan and they wanted 20 bucks for it. Outrageous, if you ask me, which you didn't.

Back