What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What, Adam, after you've bought ALL the CD~4s in Creation leaving slim pickins' for poor Gene?:yikes

ah there seems to be quite a few of copies at any one time of most popular CD-4 things to go round.. there's one or two exceptions where copies come up less frequently for ok money (Paranoid & One Of These Nights so far among them) but in the main he shouldn't have any problem, I think.. I mean, I'm tracking down a lot of this stuff with relatively little hassle in the UK & Europe where little of it originated, so Gene should find it even easier in the States from whence many of these discs came! :)

Last edited:
Road Food - Guess Who (CD-4)

"Clap for the Wolfman", a forgotten hit, but a terrific quad mix. Worth whatever you paid for the album and possibly more.
"You thought they were diggin' you but they were diggin' me!"

"Clap for the Wolfman", a forgotten hit, but a terrific quad mix. Worth whatever you paid for the album and possibly more.
"You thought they were diggin' you but they were diggin' me!"

Big fan of ANYTHING The Guess Who, had ZERO idea that Clap for the Wolfman was their song...

Did Wolfman Jack, I wonder, add to the recording, or did they sample his voice?

Completely agree with Jon, I think the Guess Who quads (the ones that are real) are really good, especially later ones, including this one and especially #10. The quad mix of #10 is so good, the few times I've listened to the stereo version I've had that same feeling of being underwhelmed you get when you watch a blockbuster movie on a little TV after seeing it on a huge movie screen.

It's a shame RCA decided to release fake quads of some of the Guess Who albums, it seems really unnecessary given how many good quad releases they had not to mention the impact on consumer confidence in quad. Did they really think someone would buy the (fake) quad versions Flavours or Power In The Music and think 'wow this is great, I'm gonna have to look in to the other Guess Who quads!'?

It's also a shame that Iconoclassic seem to have had the Guess Who catalog locked up on CD for the last 10 years or so. Their remasters are really good, but it obviously takes all these great quad mixes off the table for SACD reissue as a result.

Big fan of ANYTHING The Guess Who, had ZERO idea that Clap for the Wolfman was their song...

Did Wolfman Jack, I wonder, add to the recording, or did they sample his voice?

Wolfman was definitely in with the boys in this one, and he's clearly heard in the rears loud and clear, as I recall. Some of his quotes are quite unforgettable: "Baby if you got the curves, I got the angles"

Back