What's the Latest QUAD TAPE Added to Your Pile? Q8, Q4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. All

Came today RTR`s

( Project3. Q4 Tape PR4C-5036 -The Brass Menagerie Enoch Light Volume1. )-
( Project3. Q4 Tape PR4T-5042 - Enoch Light and the Brass Menagerie Volume2. )-

PIC A.jpg
A.jpg

PIC B.jpg
B.jpg

Hi. All

Another batch of R to R came today.

( WB. Q4 WSTQ-2761-QF -Unborn Child Seals & Crofts )-
( ATCO. Q4 ATCQ 7019-QR -Raunch 'N' Roll Black Oak Arkansas )-
( Vanguard.Q4 QR VSS-12 -Joan Baez/Blessed Are... Vol.1 )-
( Vanguard.Q4 QR VSS-13 -Joan Baez/Blessed Are... Vol.2 )-

A1.jpg
A 2.jpg
IMG_1160.jpg

B 2.jpg
B 3.jpg
IMG_1154.jpg

pic a.jpg
vol 1.jpg
vol 2.jpg

Last edited:
Got these over the past couple of months. Had them "Tuned-up" from Kate's Track Shack. I tried to open an 8-track to do the maintenance, tape went everywhere, won't do that again:). Seems for me that quad 8-tracks are getting harder to find.

Attachments

• New Quad 8-Track 1FT.jpg
    New Quad 8-Track 1FT.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 240
  • New Quad 8-Track 1R.jpg
    New Quad 8-Track 1R.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 246
  • New Quad 8-Track 2FT.jpg
    New Quad 8-Track 2FT.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 248
  • New Quad 8-Track 2R.jpg
    New Quad 8-Track 2R.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 244
Whenever opening an 8 track cart always, always make sure the tape cart is flat when opening, regardless of the manufacturer. Once the cover is off the only thing holding the tape in the cart is gravity

Whenever opening an 8 track cart always, always make sure the tape cart is flat when opening, regardless of the manufacturer. Once the cover is off the only thing holding the tape in the cart is gravity

It seems that I am all thumbs when working with 8-track tapes. I am much more comfortable doing the electronics end of things and at around $3.00 a tape and Kate's Track Shack being local, it is just more prudent to let folks that do it every day to do it for me.

It seems that I am all thumbs when working with 8-track tapes. I am much more comfortable doing the electronics end of things and at around $3.00 a tape and Kate's Track Shack being local, it is just more prudent to let folks that do it every day to do it for me.

Kate's Track Shack has the highest reputation and for $3 a tape, that's more than fair, that's a bargain. They are a pain to deal with and if they come "off the wheel" you can spend HOURS getting the damn things back into working condition. Sometimes after a hour or so you just say the hell with it as the endless glob of tape goes from knot to knot.

Got these over the past couple of months. Had them "Tuned-up" from Kate's Track Shack. I tried to open an 8-track to do the maintenance, tape went everywhere, won't do that again:). Seems for me that quad 8-tracks are getting harder to find.

A UK Rick Wakeman Q8? Very cool. Good to know outside of the US can be a source for missing masters if anyone cares to look.

The only thing I hate about fixing Q8s is when you must break a plastic hook, or drill out the main screw or mess up a label doing either. Sometimes you get them to play perfectly after a quick pad, and dab of oil. Yet they don't look quite the same after. I've fixed dozens of carts, it's easy once you ruin a couple to get the hang of it.

It's Canadian actually, most likely manufactured by RCA Canada, as you can see the shell design is identical to their red quad carts, just they've used gold for A&M titles. I have a Carpenters 'The Singles' that's the same.

There was a Wakeman Six Wives issued in the UK but it was manufactured and distributed by Precision Tapes, the sister company of Pye Records. More information is in this thread.

It is amazing how many Q8s were issued in the 70s. When I see the big 50 or 100 piece lots sold on ebay it still gets me excited. All those titles, about every label and every style of music. And often fancy unique colors of plastic used on the Q carts, they really appealed to the inner-child in me.

I figured out how to open Columbia carts without ruining the label on the top. I have a special tool that I insert into the hole on the bottom of the cart, then slightly bend sideways opening up the tab under the label on top. Must be careful not to bend it too much though. Now has anyone here figured out a way to remove the phillips head screw under the top label of a Capitol cart made in USA without ruining the top label.

Hi. All

Another batch of Q4 & Q8 came today..

( RCA. Q4 ERQ 1-0015 -QF -Stolen Goods )-
( WB. Q4WSTQ 2707-QF -Summer )-
( Alshire International. Q4 ASQ 013-QC Them From The Godfather & Other Movie Hits )-
( UN. Q8 UA-DA055-H Shirley Bassey Never Never Never )-
( GRT. Q8 Tony Mottola Guitar....Paris )-

P A..jpg
IMG_1205.jpg
IMG_1210.jpg

B1..jpg
IMG_1208.jpg
IMG_1211.jpg

A 1..jpg
IMG_1213.jpg
IMG_1215.jpg

Back