What's the Latest QUAD TAPE Added to Your Pile? Q8, Q4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I had some splicing tape I could send, but its gone, probably fell into the same wormhole that my Shure M24H CD4 cartridge fell into!

thanks Duncan, I may well have a go at that if i can't get a decent playthrough of the 2nd copy as i won't be shelling out for a 3rd tape if number 2 breaks! :upthumb

Hi. fredy

It's weird because my second copy of "Shaft - Isaac Hayes : Album 2" it came well wrapped no damage but when I started to un rap it I noticed that part of the sticky tape was stuck to the tape in front so I tried slit heat to the sticky tape but no good so I just peeled the sticky tape of and of course it took some of the oxide of the that part of the tape so there will be a slight gap in the music at that point
........:flame.........Bill...

Hi. fredy

It's weird because my second copy of "Shaft - Isaac Hayes : Album 2" it came well raped no damage but when I started to un rap it I noticed that part of the sticky tape was stuck to the tape in front so I tried slit heat to the sticky tape but no good so I just peeled the sticky tape of and of course it took some of the oxide of the that part of the tape so there will be a slight gap in the music at that point
........:flame.........Bill...

“Well wrapped”

Reunion : The Songs Of Jimmy Webb - Glen Campbell (Q8)

xLeI6Y9.jpg

YyCucnk.jpg

Hahah!! Is every copy of Rocks always so chewed up?? Mine is about the same to the point I had to recreate a back/spine label for it.

Good score. I recently dragged in Jose Feliciano's "Feliciano!" Q8. The Jose Collection is almost complete - just need Part 1 of Alive-Alive-O!

thanks Duncan, I may well have a go at that if i can't get a decent playthrough of the 2nd copy as i won't be shelling out for a 3rd tape if number 2 breaks! :upthumb

Hopefully you can repair your splicing with little or no problem.

I had trouble finding a good 8 track width tape for adhesion , so I carefully attached a good cassette adhesion tape for my repairs (just doubled it sidexside ).

FWIW : audio cassettes are actually making a comeback. Who'd a thought ! :rolleyes:

What are the Eagles like Quad wise? I've never heard them, One Of These Nights is my favourite Eagles. Does the Edgar Winter come across better than the SQ LP, Frankenstein sounds good off the LP but in the land of discrete I bet its mind blowing! (always think of Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein when I hear it)

What are the Eagles like Quad wise? I've never heard them, One Of These Nights is my favourite Eagles. Does the Edgar Winter come across better than the SQ LP, Frankenstein sounds good off the LP but in the land of discrete I bet its mind blowing! (always think of Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein when I hear it)

I never had the Q8 of ONE OF THESE NIGHTS but the CD-4 is excellent in Quad fwiw. Very highly recommended, Duncan. (y)

(I kinda miss that recording fwiw.)

i'd say the Eagles mixes are good though not flashy wrt surround activity.. but i've never heard them in truly great sound quality, my CD-4's didn't turn out that good (noisy vinyl) and the 2 x OOTN Q8 rips i heard were kinda muddy sounding which i've found stopped me playing them more than i do.. i'm not expecting miracles from these carts, i'm just relieved whenever old 8 track tapes playthrough all the way without issue! :D i'll let you know how i get on with this lot! ;)

Does the Edgar Winter come across better than the SQ LP, Frankenstein sounds good off the LP but in the land of discrete I bet its mind blowing! (always think of Marty Feldman in Young Frankenstein when I hear it)

I recently got ahold of the TOCOAN Q8 and it's mind-blowing. Maybe my fave Q8 so far. Would be happy to share the conversion I did.

Seven - Poco (Q8)

mfKva1I.jpg

What a great album...one of my best discoveries of quad collecting. It really shows of the versatility of the group...they do everything from rockers ("Drivin' Wheel", "Skatin'") to ballads ("Passing Through", "Angel") to country-style numbers ("Rocky Mountain Breakdown".

The quad mix is astounding even on the SQ LP. I always loved the moving vocals in "Just Call My Name". Ex: "just call my Name" center, "I keep on telling you" LR, "It ain't right" RR. Great stuff.

Back