PINK FLOYD: DSOTM Immersion Box - Post your price

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
If you pre-ordered or are waiting to buy or buy (on sale next week), please post the price you paid and where you got it.
Even if you got it for a pre-order price that is no longer valid (but good for you)

It should be interesting to see what folks are finding and paying.

So far, I've seen the best current price as $109, and since one of those that are selling at that price is going to be Best Buy, I think that's where I'm going to get mine. Mostly because I can look at the box and make sure it's not banged up before I buy it.

Please respond if you pre-ordered or when you buy, as threads like these with no responses don't help members in the future.

Thanks!

I pre-ordered both the DSOTM and WYWH Immersion box sets on May 10th for $101.02 each from Amazon.

I'm looking forward to the previously unreleased bonus recordings. Also to A-B the sound quality of the Quad version to the underground master tape conversion. The James Guthrie version on DTS HD-MA may sound slightly better (or worse) than the SACD as well.

As far as the Parsons vs Guthrie mixes controversy goes, I like both mixes equally albeit for different reasons.

It should be fun!

I pre-ordered both the DSOTM and WYWH Immersion box sets on May 10th for $101.02 each from Amazon.

Not sure how, but I beat you by a few cents. I also ordered from Amazon on May 10. DSOTM was $100.99 and WYWH was $101.00.

Amazon.ca has it for $94.22 (CDN dollars, of course). I preordered my copy at $110 and they automatically lowered the price on my invoice. Nice!

The WYWH Immersion edition is still $110. Hopefully it's price will be lowered before the release date too.

Hello folks, got my DSOTM today for 99 Euro. Nice packaging, lots of cross evaluation listening involved. But listening to the old quad LP via the TateII you´d be surprised how close a 41 year old record can get to the quality of the master tapes. Its always fun tricking folks when they believe listening to the latest digital revelation when you operate the tonearm lift;-)))))

Hello folks, got my DSOTM today for 99 Euro. Nice packaging, lots of cross evaluation listening involved. But listening to the old quad LP via the TateII you´d be surprised how close a 41 year old record can get to the quality of the master tapes. Its always fun tricking folks when they believe listening to the latest digital revelation when you operate the tonearm lift;-)))))

Cool. Does the BR have the Quadraphonic mixes?

Oh, I'd totally forgotten about Best Buy. I like the idea of looking over the box before buying as amazon aren't the best at padding and packing - plus California could use the sales tax.

Wow, thanks for the heads up on that price! I decided to place my order with Amazon anyway, even though it'll ultimately cost $20 more ($10 higher price + 9.5% WA sales tax). My last few experiences with Deep Discount have been decent, but they're slooooooooooooooooow in recent years.

I sent Amazon customer service the link along with a polite e-mail letting them know about the price. Amazon doesn't officially price match, but according to a lot of people on the blu-ray.com forums, it's not unknown to happen. Fingers crossed!

Deep Discount has ticked me off in the past. It seems that for the "really good price" on something, like the $99 box above, they only sell so many. When they meet that goal, they keep you waiting, then send you an email that the product is "no longer available" from the manufacturer.

What they are really saying is that they are not going to sell the product anymore at that price. I had a box set on order from them once, and this is what happened to me, even though the page stated the item was IN STOCK, I got the email telling me it was no longer available.

Ever since, I've shied away from Deep Discount.

@ Old Quad Guy - The dude from superdeluxedition.com has confirmed that high res quad is listed on the packaging. Until we hear it from a forum member it's possible that it's not there since we've all seen some bad packaging errors over the years, but it looks pretty good at this point:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/n...ark-side-of-the-moon-immersion-box-spy-shots/

Thanks for the info. According to a few "other" websites if they're to be believed the Quad mix is there on the BR. Also, lots of complaints of dislodged discs coming off from the digipack like section on back of box spindles holding four of the 6 discs. So check your discs when you get this.

Got one today. Out the door for $105.00. It is very nice and very,very silly. I still feel stupid for buying it. Main reason was to see if they did anything to the Parsons mix. Will hopefully get to listen to it tomorrow. Currently I'm just trying to justify this purchase of an album I have bought no less than 7 times. From MoFi to Shine On, I bought'em all. A set of marbles? A scarf you will never use? Coasters you won't open? Really??

A set of marbles? A scarf you will never use? Coasters you won't open? Really??

HomerSimpson13.gif

mmm.....marbles

My set will be here soon. I won't be happy if the discs are scratched.

Thanks for the info. According to a few "other" websites if they're to be believed the Quad mix is there on the BR. .

If so I'll probably have to buy one of these, but I'll snag the BD and sell the rest of the package on an auction site. Have no interest in CDs or DVDs. The scarf might be nice, but it's probably better left unused.

update: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J62Y2a3q4BM

This video shows the quad mix is on the Blu-ray at 24bit 96khz. So looks like I have to buy it now.

Last edited:
And here is the DVD for those of you who aren't into Blu-ray.

By the way, if anyone wants to sell their Blu-ray separately (before I buy the box on Tuesday) let me know.

Attachments

• dsotm_dvd.jpg
    dsotm_dvd.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 291
So the BR *does really have the 4.0 mix uncompressed 24/96*?
That's THE news!

Back