PINK FLOYD: DSOTM Immersion Box - Post your price

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh. The main thread hasn't had any updates in days, so I guess everyone moved over here.

Anyway, like John I decided to go for a tried and true method to ensure that I get this thing as close to Tuesday as possible. I went with Amazon's $109.99 with Prime shipping because I simply don't trust Best Buy to get enough copies in store. Since I couldn't order for store pickup, I decided to go with Amazon. It shipped this morning, so hopefully it gets here on time.

The killer prices at Wherehouse and DeepDiscount are tempting, but let's face it: those places kind of suck.

Yea, I've got $89.34 in store credit at wherehouse.com after they cancelled all 3 of the Warner Japan SACDs I had pre-ordered, So I guess I could order Immersion and only pay out $20, but no, I'll buy it locally.

Wish there was a way to use wherehouse.com store credit at the local FYE. It is the same company.

Most of all, I want two things from Immersion:
1-Parsons mix in ALL it's glory, finally! BLU-RAY!!!!!!!!

That is on the DVDA bootleg. Totally unscrewed with as well.
No buss compression, no limiting & no maximising.
It will be interesting to demux the BD quad version & run the 2 side by side in the DAW and then we will see what we will see.....
Why the Dobly 640 though? Seems utterly futile & pointless to me.

The FYE price turned out to be a whopping $124.95

Bought it at Best Buy instead. Only 1 dislodged disk, but no scratches on it.

Got the same price from Fye at Woodfield, so BB is holding one. I asked them to see if it rattles. Said they had four. There are two other BB's within a couple miles. I called Rolling Stone, the LARGEST VOLUME rock record store in Chicago. They're not even bothering with it! A sign of the times.

Linda

The FYE price turned out to be a whopping $124.95

Bought it at Best Buy instead. Only 1 dislodged disk, but no scratches on it.

How much is Best Lie, I mean Best Buy's price on this?

Oh well, at least BB still carries lot's of discs along with Fry's. I do miss "Circuit City" as you could rely on them to have the lowest price for new releases on Tuesday's.

Just got back from Best Buy. They had a big Pink Floyd display right up front, with all of the releases. The Immersion Boxes were on the side. All of them were tight, no rattles. Got mine home, extracted the Blu-Ray from the box, and put the box away for another day. Popped the BluRay in the PC and am currently using AudioMuxer to extract the files to make a DVD-A for the car. Thankfully, AudioMuxer reports that the audio is as follows: RAW/PCM, English, 5.1 Channels, 24 Bits, 96kHz

More later. Oh yeah, the box was marked $129.99 but rang up as $109.99

Raw PCM? Outstanding. I don't buy into most people's reservations about Dolby True HD and DTS MA, but I suppose there's a slight possibility of variance in decoders. PCM seems to remove that question for most people, and I'm happy to see it as the format of choice.

My copy is waiting for me at home.

Side note, how on earth did I miss AudioMuxer???? I like to think of myself as pretty savvy on the subject of extracting audio from DVD and blu-ray, yet I've never even heard of this wonder app until today. Ripping audio from blu-ray has always been really difficult, so I can't wait to take a whack at a couple of discs with this tool.

Side note, how on earth did I miss AudioMuxer???? I like to think of myself as pretty savvy on the subject of extracting audio from DVD and blu-ray, yet I've never even heard of this wonder app until today. Ripping audio from blu-ray has always been really difficult, so I can't wait to take a whack at a couple of discs with this tool.

AudioMuxer is a great tool! There is one important thing to note however - it will only rip audio from a non-encrypted Blu Ray title. Most if not all retail Blu Ray titles incorporate a pretty sturdy copy protection scheme so you will have to remove the copy protection first before extracting the audio.

...Popped the BluRay in the PC and am currently using AudioMuxer to extract the files to make a DVD-A for the car. Thankfully, AudioMuxer reports that the audio is as follows: RAW/PCM, English, 5.1 Channels, 24 Bits, 96kHz
What did it say the specs are on the Parsons mix?

AudioMuxer is a great tool! There is one important thing to note however - it will only rip audio from a non-encrypted Blu Ray title. Most if not all retail Blu Ray titles incorporate a pretty sturdy copy protection scheme so you will have to remove the copy protection first before extracting the audio.

Just run AnyDVD and all will work fine

What did it say the specs are on the Parsons mix?

RAW/PCM, English, 2/2 Channels, 24 Bits, 96kHz

AudioMuxer is a great tool!

I agree! I'd spent a lot of time searching for a tool that would effectively extract audio from blu-rays and wasn't super work intensive, but I gave up and cobbled together a workflow that got the job done. It was very time consuming, though. I was using a tool called HD Concert Ripper, but it couldn't extract anything larger than 4GB since it wasn't aware of WAV64 and the project had been abandoned before they could work it out. In cases where that didn't work I had to use eac3to and then split the tracks using xrecodeII after manually building cue sheets. Sometimes I even had to split tracks to mono wav first. Basically it was ugly, and I sure I blew the channel order on more than one rip. Now the process of redoing those will be painless!

GET CASE(S) OR SLEEVES TO PUT THE 4 DISCS IN, ESPECIALLY IF YOU INTEND TO STORE THE BOX VERTICALLY. Otherwise, you may have an unpleasant surprise. I had to open three to get discs that weren't scratched. Disc 2 had come unlodged in both bad ones.

BB Kildeer got 4 copies. I bought one, opened two more and there was one left at 9PM when I walked out. No other takers on the first day. There REALLY is a Kildeer, IL!

Thanks for the heads' up, OQG! I shudder to think what could have happened. Either buying the last/only one from a store, or buying this online would have been a colossal mistake, resulting in untold grief over returns/replacements. INFORMATION IS POWER! I knew I joined QQ for a reason...

It's 2AM and I'm getting reacquainted with an old fave:parsons Mix on BD. This will likely be my new preferred way to hear this. Listened to the 5.1 mix on the DVD in the car and it was awesome. I'll post my opinions on the various versions on another thread, as I listen to them. And A/B them to each other and my 9 other copies.

The BD has a pink noise test for all 6 speakers, or if you prefer, a woman announcing "left, left," and so on for each speaker. It's a tone for the sub. I'd estimate that my center was producing -3db from the rest. Since the center is fill on the Parsons mix, I deliberately left it -3db. It sounded GREAT that way!

Linda
:banana: Immersed

Thanks for the info. According to a few "other" websites if they're to be believed the Quad mix is there on the BR. Also, lots of complaints of dislodged discs coming off from the digipack like section on back of box spindles holding four of the 6 discs. So check your discs when you get this.

£88.93 including delivery, Amazon UK
It arrived today.

Mine arrived in a wowfully inadequiate box with very little packing around it, in fact if you looked at how it arrived your hear would sink I know mine did. but when i opened the box all was in perfect condition. Have already removed teh discs to jewel cases and ill set about listening properly later.
Just gave the extras disc a quick spin like the 1972 mix but can see why it was rejected

Well, with all the complaining about the lousy box that destroys the cd inside, and the serious amount of return... there may be a short supply of standalone DSOTM Blu-Ray discs in the next future?

Back